Help me...

Go to solution Solved by Elapo,

Do you think the i5 would be a better choice than the i7?

Yes. I don't think you'd see much difference when it comes to gaming, and the i5 is a bit cheaper.

Please talk me out of replacing the motherboard in my rig to support dual Xeons, and then following that adoption, installing dual xeons...

Please talk me out of replacing the motherboard in my rig to support dual Xeons, and then following that adoption, installing dual xeons...

Why do you feel like you should in the first place? Are you an video editor or programmer? Are you talking about upgrading a server? If you're just talking about your gaming/everyday use computer, then don't waste the money.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Why do you feel like you should in the first place? Are you an video editor or programmer? Are you talking about upgrading a server? If you're just talking about your gaming/everyday use computer, then don't waste the money.

I'm neither. I like the idea of having many cores of power.

lmao...

Laptop: Thinkpad W520 i7 2720QM 24GB RAM 1920x1080 2x SSDs Main Rig: 4790k 12GB Hyperx Beast Zotac 980ti AMP! Fractal Define S (window) RM850 Noctua NH-D15 EVGA Z97 FTW with 3 1080P 144hz monitors from Asus Secondary: i5 6600K, R9 390 STRIX, 16GB DDR4, Acer Predator 144Hz 1440P

As Centos 7 SU once said: With great power comes great responsibility.

First - what are you actually doing with that PC? If you're planning on gaming, it's a bad Idea, just because Xeon CPU's have less single thread performance. You could add as many cores as you'd like, most games won't give a sh*t and still use only a few.

That being said, do you like paying power bills? Double the CPUs, double the power. 

Like this? Or more negative?

"It's a taxi, it has a FARE METER."

First - what are you actually doing with that PC? If you're planning on gaming, it's a bad Idea, just because Xeon CPU's have less single thread performance. You could add as many cores as you'd like, most games won't give a sh*t and still use only a few.

That being said, do you like paying power bills? Double the CPUs, double the power. 

Like this? Or more negative?

You got me. I do game on my system... I do however plan to upgrade my CPU from the Pentium G3258 soon, what do you recommend? I would prefer if it were an unlocked processer.

You got me. I do game on my system... I do however plan to upgrade my CPU from the Pentium G3258 soon, what do you recommend? I would prefer if it were an unlocked processer.

i5 4690k for gaming

You want to go from a $60 CPU to a server grade solution?

I don't know if you are trolling or just inexperienced.

The Xeons that are unlocked are generally hard to get a hold of and expensive.

Get like an i5 and call it a day. The only thing you would benefit from a dual Xeon solution would be the EPeen.

You have been watching too much barnacules man.

Most of my posts are very controversial, please try not to get butthurt.

More cores only do you good if you actually need them. If you are not using heavy load multi-core software then you won't see any boost in performance and you'll be wasting your money. If you only use your computer for web-browsing/word processing/gaming then you don't need dual xeons.

END OF LINE

-- Project Deep Freeze Build Log --

Quote me so that I always know when you reply, feel free to snip if the quote is long. May your FPS be high and your temperatures low.

Pure gaming? 4690k. If you really feel like you need more graphs in task manager, a 4790k isn't too much overkill.

You have been watching too much barnacules man.

Facts...

Pure gaming? 4690k. If you really feel like you need more graphs in task manager, a 4790k isn't too much overkill.

You want to go from a $60 CPU to a server grade solution?

I don't know if you are trolling or just inexperienced.

The Xeons that are unlocked are generally hard to get a hold of and expensive.

Get like an i5 and call it a day. The only thing you would benefit from a dual Xeon solution would be the EPeen.

I am totally not trolling... I guess you could consider me inexperienced because I've only built one PC in my lifetime, and have never got to see the differences between a Xeon and a Core marked CPU's personally.

Yes. I don't think you'd see much difference when it comes to gaming, and the i5 is a bit cheaper.