Any Difference Between These 2 GPUs From Sapphire (290x)

Vek1313

The 2nd one has 20mhz higher core clock according to newegg. 1020 vs 1040. Basically the same card not sure why theyd be different.. Maybe a newer revision.

One card is Factory Overclocked, while the other isn't.

Although it sucks that you can only get Vapor-X on 8GB, Vapor X is a better cooler than Tri X.

One's just a little bit factory overclocked.  Other than that, they are basically the same card.  Either works well, and PC part picker says that they cost the same, so I guess you could just pick the OC'ed card?  You could also just use afterburner to get whatever OC you wanted.

The 2nd one comes with a slightly higher base clock of 20Mhz, which is negligible.  I do notice in the specs that the 2nd card requires 2x 8pins for power, while the 1st requires 1x6, 1x8, so possibly the 2nd card overclocks better?

They are both good cards, especially coming with GTAV if that is a game you are interested in.  you can't go wrong with either.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

it appears the (edit:) first one has a custom PCB instead of reference, which may mean it will be better suited for overclocking.

edit: and includes additional UEFI features for secure boot and faster boot and resume times.