PC's Metal Gear Solid 5 Might Be Its Last

themodernagenb

UPDATE: Looks like Konami didn't go through with the original take down. 

Original:

----------

Konami has taken down a YouTube video making claims about what really happened with the company and Kojima Productions, only to give more validity to these statements. I have an increasingly growing suspicion that this may be true.

According to George “Super Bunnyhop” Weidman, Konami's CEO (Kozuki) wants to move the company away from console gaming and focus strictly on mobile gaming and gambling (not yet legal in Japan). This sudden new direction was put into action almost immediately, merging smaller teams into larger teams: the audio team, animation team, programming team, all working on multiple (assumingly mobile) games at once.

The biggest concern lies with Kojima's team - as they are not needed anymore. Kozuki believes Kojima uses too much money and spends too much time for very little profit. He would rather hire less skilled employees for less pay, while trying to keep the same revenue. However, he can't just fire the whole team at once. Instead he is forcing them to quit on their own terms. After Kojima was fired from Konami (what we've all suspected), the team was cut off from their main server and had no internet for weeks. Frequent black-outs, security doors not working, people being forced to move desks every few days - all being implemented purposefully to make their lives more miserable.

Source: http://kotaku.com/konami-gets-youtube-to-take-down-critical-video-1703615047

Wow, that some insane stuff right there. Cheap basters they are, I hope Konami crash and burn now. Kojima needs to take his team and establish themselves somewhere else. I sure other game developers or studios would also pick them up too if need be.

It's just a rumour from an unknown source. Wouldn't take it seriously at all until somebody actually confirms it.

It looks like the industry is moving towards indie games as a whole. Big publishers don't like the high risk involved with making AAA games because they have no idea on how to make a successful game but only on how to monetize them. It's why the industry is getting increasingly monetized with every AAA game release. They will either kill the industry or leave it to find something else. I hope they leave it companies that actually give a sh*t about the products they make.

(\__/)

(='.'=)

(")_(")  GTX 1070 5820K 500GB Samsung EVO SSD 1TB WD Green 16GB of RAM Corsair 540 Air Black EVGA Supernova 750W Gold  Logitech G502 Fiio E10 Wharfedale Diamond 220 Yamaha A-S501 Lian Li Fan Controller NHD-15 KBTalking Keyboard

Within the next 5 years there will be another Video Games Industry Crash, guaranteed.

The exact same thing caused the last crash and Valve are front and centre of the crosshairs, making and distributing games becomes easy, the market gets flooded with shit quality games and/or overpriced games, consumers lose confidence, no one buys anything, everyone goes bust.

Greenlight is the scourge of modern gaming and needs to be closed down asap, when huge names are too scared to create new AAA games and instead wanna start making indie games you know things are going wrong.

New IPs are rare as rocking horse shit these days, its always a reboot of a reboot of a title which was making money or another copy pasta sequel, AC 7, BF 4, COD 11 etc.

Nintendo will be the only survivors.

Main Rig:-

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Server:-

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

Within the next 5 years there will be another Video Games Industry Crash, guaranteed.

The exact same thing caused the last crash and Valve are front and centre of the crosshairs, making and distributing games becomes easy, the market gets flooded with shit quality games and/or overpriced games, consumers lose confidence, no one buys anything, everyone goes bust.

Greenlight is the scourge of modern gaming and needs to be closed down asap, when huge names are too scared to create new AAA games and instead wanna start making indie games you know things are going wrong.

New IPs are rare as rocking horse shit these days, its always a reboot of a reboot of a title which was making money or another copy pasta sequel, AC 7, BF 4, COD 11 etc.

Nintendo will be the only survivors.

It already happened. It's ridiculous that games need to sell in couple of milions just to break even. There is no middle market - only AAA that needs to play safe to sell and Indies that can't evolve into bigger titles. Without middle market we are doomed .

It already happened. It's ridiculous that games need to sell in couple of milions just to break even. There is no middle market - only AAA that needs to play safe to sell and Indies that can't evolve into bigger titles. Without middle market we are doomed .

That's a really interesting point and one which I hadn't considered but your right. Its either £50/£60 AAA or £20/£30 Indie with nothing inbetween. Its also another notch in Nintendo's belt too cause they price their games smack bang in the middle of the Indie & AAA markets

Ryzen 7 3800X | Asus ROG Strix X570-F Gaming | 16GB Team Group Dark Pro 3600Mhz | Corsair MP600 1TB PCIe Gen 4 | Sapphire 5700 XT Pulse | Corsair H115i Platinum | WD Black 1TB | WD Green 4TB | EVGA SuperNOVA G3 650W | Asus TUF GT501 | Samsung C27HG70 1440p 144hz HDR FreeSync 2 | Ubuntu 20.04.2 LTS |

Intel NUC running Server 2019 + Synology DSM218+ with 2 x 4TB Toshiba NAS Ready HDDs (RAID0)

They took down George's video?I made a post about it when it had just appeared.http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/356269-kojima-vs-konami/Jeez.

Ah...it's back online now.

Why did you not link to the original video?

Damn, Konami is getting worse and worse.

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

They took down George's video?I made a post about it when it had just appeared.http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/356269-kojima-vs-konami/Jeez.

Wait...no they didn't.

Why did you even link to the non-original video?Seriously, it's a link to a random dude who just copied the video.

The video for a portion of time today was actually taken down from youtube due to a DMCA claim from Konami.

Totalbiscuit and others went to twitter to point it out.

I guess Konami decided not to go through with it due to the backlash they got from it.

The video for a portion of time today was actually taken down from youtube due to a DMCA claim from Konami.

Totalbiscuit and others went to twitter to point it out.

I guess Konami decided not to go through with it due to the backlash they got from it.

Well...it's no longer the case...

i5 4670k @ 4.2GHz (Coolermaster Hyper 212 Evo); ASrock Z87 EXTREME4; 8GB Kingston HyperX Beast DDR3 RAM @ 2133MHz; Asus DirectCU GTX 560; Super Flower Golden King 550 Platinum PSU;1TB Seagate Barracuda;Corsair 200r case. 

That's a really interesting point and one which I hadn't considered but your right. Its either £50/£60 AAA or £20/£30 Indie with nothing inbetween. Its also another notch in Nintendo's belt too cause they price their games smack bang in the middle of the Indie & AAA markets

Nintendo games are full price usually holmes

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

Nintendo games are full price usually holmes

Not here in England their not, brand new Wii U games come in at £30 (Admittedly Super Mario 3D World & Mario Kart 8 are £39.99 but all other games sell for £31.99), sure you get the odd AAA coming in at £40 but most are more than that these days.

Like I said, Nintendo price their games in the middle of AAA & Indie prices.

Not here in England their not, brand new Wii U games come in at £30 (Admittedly Super Mario 3D World & Mario Kart 8 are £39.99 but all other games sell for £31.99), sure you get the odd AAA coming in at £40 but most are more than that these days.

Like I said, Nintendo price their games in the middle of AAA & Indie prices.

I'm in Canada, here they are usually $70 unless they are smaller games

Intel i5-3570K/ Gigabyte GTX 1080/ Asus PA248Q/ Sony MDR-7506/MSI Z77A-G45/ NHD-14/Samsung 840 EVO 256GB+ Seagate Barracuda 3TB/ 16GB HyperX Blue 1600MHZ/  750w PSU/ Corsiar Carbide 500R

I've meant budget , not price . I don't really mind paying 60$ for a game that had smaller budget .