Where do I connect this blue wire that came with my case?

j_mezz
Go to solution Solved by Peter Vaughan Truslow,

It appears as though my motherboard does not have the 20 pin connector. Can you please link me to where I can find this kind of adapter?

what a quick google search revealed: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423189&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Internal+Power+Cables-_-N82E16812423189&gclid=COT1o4-xtsUCFVGRHwod2VEAFg&gclsrc=aw.ds

alternative with prime

http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Female-Motherboard-Adapter-Converter/dp/B009SJCPO8

So there's a blue wire that came with my case and I'm not sure where to plug it in. It has 20 pins on it and I'm 99% sure that it's for the USB 3.0 cables in the front, but idk where to put it in. I was looking online and I think I need an "Express Card". Can someone help please? Thanks in advance.

Assuming it is the USB cable, you need to plug it into your motherboard where a similar (recipient) socket is present. 

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

So there's a blue wire that came with my case and I'm not sure where to plug it in. It has 20 pins on it and I'm 99% sure that it's for the USB 3.0 cables in the front, but idk where to put it in. I was looking online and I think I need an "Express Card". Can someone help please? Thanks in advance.

it's USB 3.0

if your motherboard has a usb 3.0 header, you can plug it directly into that. if not, you can get a usb3.0-2.0 adapter but the ports will only function as usb 2.0 ports.

it's USB 3.0

if your motherboard has a usb 3.0 header, you can plug it directly into that. if not, you can get a usb3.0-2.0 adapter but the ports will only function as usb 2.0 ports.

It appears as though my motherboard does not have the 20 pin connector. Can you please link me to where I can find this kind of adapter?

what a quick google search revealed: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16812423189&nm_mc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC&cm_mmc=KNC-GoogleAdwords-PC-_-pla-_-Internal+Power+Cables-_-N82E16812423189&gclid=COT1o4-xtsUCFVGRHwod2VEAFg&gclsrc=aw.ds

alternative with prime

http://www.amazon.com/Neewer-Female-Motherboard-Adapter-Converter/dp/B009SJCPO8

You don't actually need to plug it in. The only thing it does is power the front I/O USB 3.0 ports. Your system will run without it. 

Your motherboard obviously doesn't have Onboard 3.0 headers yet your case has 3.0 ports on the front I/O. Just don't plug it in if you don't need to use a device that uses 3.0.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

What kind of motherboard do you have? Note that a lot of cases that support USB 3.0 also have a 2.0 lead, usually on the same wire.

You don't actually need to plug it in. The only thing it does is power the front I/O USB 3.0 ports. Your system will run without it. 

Your motherboard obviously doesn't have Onboard 3.0 headers yet your case has 3.0 ports on the front I/O. Just don't plug it in if you don't need to use a device that uses 3.0.

Oh, I know. It's not a huge deal, but I just thought it was silly to have two USB ports sitting there doing absolutely nothing lol.

Thanks for the help everyone

DISREGARD 

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I didn't intend to be snarky, just thought maybe you could find other options that suited you better the same way.

I'm sorry if I came across as such.