I am indecisive...and was wondering if i just didnt HAVE to choose...

Go to solution Solved by DimasRMDO,

so...decent cpu with high-end card? 

Rendering is more to the CPU, I'd recommend i7 CPU (its hyper-threading helps). But if you think you don't need hyper-threading then i5.

I love gaming. I love 3-d modelling. I have the money for a quadro or a GTX, but not a system for both. :/ is there any decent card that can do both VERY well? I will be using autocad, and the card's budget is max $600CAD. if there is such a card, any pointers will be greatly appreciated :) thank you all. 

You can get GTX, get a very good CPU for the rendering (that's what I'd do if I were you).

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

You can get GTX, get a very good CPU for the rendering (that's what I'd do if I were you).

^ This

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

^ This

Talk about oversimplification of the issue...It was almost all specs comparison, and not the ones that matter, let alone temps, noise, drivers (Yeah, if im playing GTAV im going with AMD...jeeze) let alone the fact that factory clock speed doesn't really matter if you OC. And how is OC a point for AMD over Nvidia? Is he confusing Intel with Nvidia? now i'm confused...

Anyway, witht that budget get a 980, its the most logical choice and while you won't get the precision of a quadro i am not sure if you would need that if you are not going profesional yet, the manufacturer...i like gigabyte, specially their G1 gaming cards, but performance wise the difference isnt that much and it depends on your rig, particularly airflow and VGA max length of your case. If you have good airflow and enough space, i would recomend the gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980, but honestly, you can get the ASUS, MSI, Zotac, EVGA, personally i would simply pick up the one i can get for the least money, period.

System

• CPU
    I7-4790K @ 4,7GHz
  • Motherboard
    Asus MAXIMUS Formula VI
  • RAM
    Kingston HyperX FURY 16GB Kit (2x8GB) 1866MHz
  • GPU
    MSI GTX 1070 Gaming X
  • Case
    Cooler Master Cosmos SE
  • Storage
    Samsung 840 EVO 500GB+WD Green 3TB
  • PSU
    EVGA SuperNOVA 850G2 80PLUS Gold Certified
  • Display(s)
    ASUS PB277Q 27" WQHD 2560x1440 75Hz 1ms
  • Cooling
    Corsair H105 with AP121s and Phanteks fans
  • Keyboard
    Logitech G610 Orion
  • Mouse
    E-3lue E-Blue Mazer II 2500 DPI Blue LED 2.4GHz Wireless Optical Gaming Mouse
  • Sound
    Audio-Technica ATH-M20x
  • Operating System
    Windows 10

Talk about oversimplification of the issue...It was almost all specs comparison, and not the ones that matter, let alone temps, noise, drivers (Yeah, if im playing GTAV im going with AMD...jeeze) let alone the fact that factory clock speed doesn't really matter if you OC. And how is OC a point for AMD over Nvidia? Is he confusing Intel with Nvidia? now i'm confused...

Anyway, witht that budget get a 980, its the most logical choice and while you won't get the precision of a quadro i am not sure if you would need that if you are not going profesional yet, the manufacturer...i like gigabyte, specially their G1 gaming cards, but performance wise the difference isnt that much and it depends on your rig, particularly airflow and VGA max length of your case. If you have good airflow and enough space, i would recomend the gigabyte G1 Gaming GTX 980, but honestly, you can get the ASUS, MSI, Zotac, EVGA, personally i would simply pick up the one i can get for the least money, period.

To be fair you would be better getting a cheap firepro if you are rendering rather than buying a Gaming card.

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

Rendering is more to the CPU, I'd recommend i7 CPU (its hyper-threading helps). But if you think you don't need hyper-threading then i5.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold