New AMD build planning,

Hello LTT forum members,

I'm going to order PC components for my new build this week. 

I need advice about the parts I've chosen because I'm getting this custom computer build for the first time and so I want to know if these products are reliable and last long and match/ work perfectly fine without any problems. 

I'm planning also planning to overclock these parts as well. 

Here are the parts I'm ordering this week:

For the CPU I've chosen the AMD FX 8350 @4Ghz. 

For the RAM (I've had a hard time to find these low profile memory kit) I'm going with the Kingston HyperX PnP 2x 4GB @1600Mhz.

I've decided to get the Asus M5A990FX Pro R2.0 motherboard. 

For the CPU cooler (I need some advice here) I'm going with the Cooler Master Hyper 412 Slim version. 

The GPU will be the Sapphire  Radeon HD 7950 from AMD (I have little doubt about it)

For the storage I'm just getting a 1TB blue hard drive from Western Digital.

I'm still deciding for which case, I'm thinking of getting the Corsair Carbide R500 or the AeroCool PGS B series XPredator X3 white

I'm also getting some case fans for the case

The PSU is a 750W  Corsair CX750. (Didn't find a 650W PSU for cheaper the price than the CX750).

And finally a PCI-e interface USB 3.0 card. 

Btw I'm letting the shop building it + getting a 2 year warranty, because I don't have the needed time for building it myself :(  

I'm going to use this pc for my regular gaming and AutoCAD (because of my study)

I don't know that much about some great CPU coolers. I want to have at least low temperatures on the CPU cores so I can overclock the CPU for a bit.

I did some research on the web for the best low to midrange CPU coolers but some of them are not available at this moment or they are a lot more expansive than in other countries (Like the USA or UK). 

The total cost of this build will be around €950,- or $1250,- 

Any help appreciated  :)

Edited by Simmytu

Watch out, there might be ninjas out there  :ph34r:

8320 doesn't bench that differently from the 8350 if all you are doing is gaming, and its quite a bit cheaper. I'm not sure if that is the primary purpose of your machine or not. 

8320 doesn't bench that differently from the 8350 if all you are doing is gaming, and its quite a bit cheaper. I'm not sure if that is the primary purpose of your machine or not. 

I forgot to put that  :wacko:

that build is for regular gaming and doing a bit of AutoCAD stuff (because of my study)

oh ok  for cpu cooler maybe a xigmatek dark night and get the corsair case

whats ur budget?

why AMD?

[spoiler= Dream machine (There is also a buildlog)]

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

whats ur budget?

why AMD?

I had €900 budget but it was completely out of order when the final price was like €1100 because that shop (where I'm going to order it) decided to rise all the Intel 3rd and 4th gen prices (because of the 21% tax money, ugh Dutch government  <_< ) so I couldn't afford any Intel product. Why I'm not putting my max budget, because that shop is highly dependent on the stock market.

The previous 13 days the total price was like €25 more than today. And you might ask why I don't order it from different place? Well they are (on the most minimal) 

€35~55 more expansive and they don't have (full) product range. 

In other words I have a hard time buying this PC  :(

I had €900 budget but it was completely out of order when the final price was like €1100 because that shop (where I'm going to order it) decided to rise all the Intel 3rd and 4th gen prices (because of the 21% tax money, ugh Dutch government  <_< ) so I couldn't afford any Intel product. Why I'm not putting my max budget, because that shop is highly dependent on the stock market.

The previous 13 days the total price was like €25 more than today. And you might ask why I don't order it from different place? Well they are (on the most minimal) 

€35~55 more expansive and they don't have (full) product range. 

In other words I have a hard time buying this PC  :(

well if i would be u and had so much money on a gamign rig. i woudl go AMD Fx8350 its BETTER then 4670k.

here is proof: http://www.cpubenchmark.net/cpu.php?cpu=Intel+Core+i5-4670K+%40+3.40GHz&id=1921

Case: Phanteks Enthoo Luxe - CPU: I7 5820k @4.4 ghz 1.225vcore - GPU: 2x Asus GTX 970 Strix edition - Mainboard: Asus X99-S - RAM: HyperX predator 4x4 2133 mhz - HDD: Seagate barracuda 2 TB 7200 rpm - SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 500 GB SSD - PSU: Corsair HX1000i - Case fans: 3x Noctua PPC 140mm - Radiator fans: 3x Noctua PPC 120 mm - CPU cooler: Fractal design Kelvin S36 together with Noctua PPCs - Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Cherry gaming keyboard - mouse: Steelseries sensei raw - Headset: Kingston HyperX Cloud Build Log

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1hgXL

i ahve put together a system to u hope u like it..

http://uk.pcpartpicker.com/p/1hgXL

i ahve put together a system to u hope u like it..

Thanks, I did like it. I'm making those changes to my shopping list  :)

Thanks, I did like it. I'm making those changes to my shopping list  :)

okay thx. u can change SSD disk or hdd if u like to.. i recommend seagate HDD they r good.

i never in my life had SSD. but i will have it for first time. i dotn really know which is the best SSD for the buck but search around on internet..

okay thx. u can change SSD disk or hdd if u like to.. i recommend seagate HDD they r good.

i never in my life had SSD. but i will have it for first time. i dotn really know which is the best SSD for the buck but search around on internet..

Just grab a Samsung 840 (non pro) 120 or 250GB. Great performance and good price.

If you ever need help with a build, read the following before posting: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/3061-build-plan-thread-recommendations-please-read-before-posting/
Also, make sure to quote a post or tag a member when replying or else they won't get a notification that you replied to them.

Just grab a Samsung 840 (non pro) 120 or 250GB. Great performance and good price.

I agree with this choice of SSD as well

Also, Spend about $20 more for a better air cooler for your cpu

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

I agree with this choice of SSD as well

Also, Spend about $20 more for a better air cooler for your cpu

h100i i choosed

i took kingston SSD 120 gb just for OS...

cant find lower then 120gb...

Hello LTT forum members,

I'm going to order PC components for my new build this week. 

I need advice about the parts I've chosen because I'm getting this custom computer build for the first time and so I want to know if these products are reliable and last long and match/ work perfectly fine without any problems. 

I'm planning also planning to overclock these parts as well. 

Here are the parts I'm ordering this week:

For the CPU I've chosen the AMD FX 8350 @4Ghz. 

For the RAM (I've had a hard time to find these low profile memory kit) I'm going with the Kingston HyperX PnP 2x 4GB @1600Mhz.

I've decided to get the Asus M5A990FX Pro R2.0 motherboard. 

For the CPU cooler (I need some advice here) I'm going with the Cooler Master Hyper 412 Slim version. 

The GPU will be the Sapphire  Radeon HD 7950 from AMD (I have little doubt about it)

For the storage I'm just getting a 1TB blue hard drive from Western Digital.

I'm still deciding for which case, I'm thinking of getting the Corsair Carbide R500 or the AeroCool PGS B series XPredator X3 white

I'm also getting some case fans for the case

The PSU is a 750W  Corsair CX750. (Didn't find a 650W PSU for cheaper the price than the CX750).

And finally a PCI-e interface USB 3.0 card. 

Btw I'm letting the shop building it + getting a 2 year warranty, because I don't have the needed time for building it myself :(  

I'm going to use this pc for my regular gaming and AutoCAD (because of my study)

I don't know that much about some great CPU coolers. I want to have at least low temperatures on the CPU cores so I can overclock the CPU for a bit.

I did some research on the web for the best low to midrange CPU coolers but some of them are not available at this moment or they are a lot more expansive than in other countries (Like the USA or UK). 

The total cost of this build will be around €950,- or $1250,- 

Any help appreciated  :)

the 7950 is a great card

the 7950 is a great card

Thank you ;)

I've always been a Western Digital user but hey something new to try out :D

Btw I also never tried out those SSD's

The 120 GB version is pretty cheap, I'm thinking of re-using my older harddrive and get that SSD. Btw thanks for the suggestion :)