Silent PSU

How much power are you planning on drawing?

Sig under construction.

Best way to do this is get an overkill PSU for your rig, and one with an "eco" mode imo.

My 850W PSU fan never turns on because i don't pull enough watts from it to cause it to heat up enough to require anything more than passive cooling.

I don't like the low-end 500ish watt silent psu's.

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

There are ones that have no fan.  Others like my old Rosewill  RP600V2-S-SL 600W have been completely silent for 7 years. 

For the Best builds and Price lists here is a world where many points of the price have been predefined already for your convenience!

The Xeon E3 1231 V3 IS BETTER Than the Core i5 4690K and a Significantly better value for the non-overclockers or value shoppers.

The OS is like a kind food, Try it before saying if you like it or don't.

I believe the EVGA G2/Higher End Corsair PSU's (RM And AX's i believe) come with a fanless mode, For 980Sli i think a G2 850W (Which is what i'm running) should do pretty awesome, or even the 750W G2.

Dont know about the corsair units as i have no experience with the RM's or AX's though i heard the RM series has higher ripples than other PSU's in it's class.

Hey bro i like yo *vomits on you*

SpOOkY  - Intel Core i7 4820K - Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ Toxic Edition 6GB - 16GB Corsair Vengeance 1600Mhz - Gigabyte X79-UD3 - EVGA Supernova G2 850W

My GrApHiCs DeSiGn TeAcHeR Is GoInG To bE sO MaD

I have a corsair HX1000i and the fan doesn't even spin. I only have a 970 though, but it won't spin if it draws less than 400W. I'd recommend something like a >1000W corsair HX, RM, or AX PSU which has no fan modes for low voltage draw.

Hope this helps :D

Dual Boot Windows & Hackintosh

CPU: Intel 4790K | Motherboard: ASUS Maximus Hero Vii | GPU: Zotac AMP! Extreme GTX 970 | Display: ASUS PB278Q | Case: Phantom 630 | PSU: Corsair HX1000i 

Canada eh? 

The evga g2 is quiet even with the fan running, but also has an Eco switch which keeps the fan off until it hits a certain temp. I own the 750 watt. I can attest to its silence.

It's always a good day if you woke up breathing.

Best Silent at idle or at low load Power suply???

550-650W, XFX XTR

750W or higher, EVGA G2

Both of which have hybrid fan mode (fan doesn't spin at all under certain temperature range), and quiet fans under load. Both are also better for the money then any Corsair option. The only Corsairs with hybrid fan are the higher end models like RM, HX, and AX, all of which are overpriced imo

"Rawr XD"

@Aniallation

it works for me, try again

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/LH62Lk

This is a better build and saves you over $100

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Nc3WdC

-If you're going for a custom water cooling loop in the future don't spend too much on a CPU cooler now especially a Corsair H100i which isn't great for the money

-Neither is Corsair RAM

-Cheaper SSDs perform just as well

-Only $6 more to get a 1TB HDD over a 500GB, why not

-G1 980s are way better then Strix (water blocks also available from the likes of EK)

-850GS is currently on a better deal then 850G2

"Rawr XD"

@Aniallation

-Corasiar ram cause of looks.

-500gb hardrive to back up the two ssd's which will be in raid 0 which isnt relaible and i will be keeping my game library there and i dont want to loose it so i am backing it up.

-is the 850GS silent at low load??

-Strix has a silent profile from factory so till i do full loop i want then to be silent when at low load. and i just dont want to go through the whole process that Linus shows in his video. 

-i didnt look at other ssd before so i will take a look

-Corasiar ram cause of looks.

-500gb hardrive to back up the two ssd's which will be in raid 0 which isnt relaible and i will be keeping my game library there and i dont want to loose it so i am backing it up.

-is the 850GS silent at low load??

-Strix has a silent profile from factory so till i do full loop i want then to be silent when at low load. and i just dont want to go through the whole process that Linus shows in his video. 

-i didnt look at other ssd before so i will take a look

-HyperX Fury looks just as good as Corsair's LPX... and isn't overpriced like everything Corsair makes.

-Subjective choice, if you want to go with 500GB then sure?

-The GS like the G2 have ECO fan mode where the fan is off under low load, but honestly any good PSU is quiet under low load

-Any good GPU is quiet under low load as well. You will not hear the G1 under low load (I have one and I don't hear it right now). Strix is a horrible overclocker.

"Rawr XD"