So whats wrong now?

So you guys told me that this build had a bottleneck at the cpu in this post Here with this build I  upgraded.

CPU: AMD FX-8320 Unlocked Black Edition 8-Core Processor @4.8GHz

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken x61

Motherboard: GIGABYTE GA-990FXA Motherboard

Memory: Kingston HyperX Beast 32GB DDR3 2400 (4x8)

Storage: 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD

Storage: PNY Optima SSD 480 GB

Video Cards: 2x XFX Radeon R9 280x DD Unlocked Black Edition 3GB

Power Supply: CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W 80+ Gold

Case: NZXT CA-S340W-B1 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Now I upgraded my motherboard and CPU and I'm still seeing no performance gain, I'm actually having worse performance than a single card. Whats wrong? Overall I've spent $1500 and my pc is running like crap.

CPU: Processor: Intel Core i7-4790K 4GHz

Motherboard: ASUS Z97-E

Memory: Kingston HyperX Beast 32GB DDR3 1866 (4x8)

SSD: PNY Optima SSD 480 GB

HHDs: 2x Seagate Barracuda 1TB 3.5" 7200RPM HDD

Graphics Processors: 2x XFX Radeon R9 280x DD Unlocked Black Edition 3GB

Power Supply: CORSAIR HX Series HX850 850W 80+ Gold

CPU Cooler: NZXT Kraken X61 CPU Cooler

Case: NZXT S340 Black Steel ATX Mid Tower Computer Case

Did you reinstall OS?

Location: Kaunas, Lithuania, Europe, Earth, Solar System, Local Interstellar Cloud, Local Bubble, Gould Belt, Orion Arm, Milky Way, Milky Way subgroup, Local Group, Virgo Supercluster, Laniakea, Pisces–Cetus Supercluster Complex, Observable universe, Universe.

Spoiler

12700, B660M Mortar DDR4, 32GB 3200C16 Viper Steel, 2TB SN570, EVGA Supernova G6 850W, be quiet! 500FX, EVGA 3070Ti FTW3 Ultra.

What games? Some games have bad/no crossfire support.

Spoiler

Prometheus (Main Rig)

CPU-Z Verification

Laptop: 

Spoiler

Intel Core i3-5005U, 8GB RAM, Crucial MX 100 128GB, Touch-Screen, Intel 7260 WiFi/Bluetooth card.

Phone:

Game Consoles:

Spoiler

Softmodded Fat PS2 w/ 80GB HDD, and a Dreamcast.

If you want my attention quote my post, or tag me. If you don't use PCPartPicker I will ignore your build.

Try to reinstall the OS as @ZetZet said

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

Make sure you reinstalled the OS, drivers, and that every pcie slot is enabled to its full potential in bios.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Try to reinstall the OS as @ZetZet said

Yeah I reinstalled the OS and all current drivers.

You do have crossfire enabled right?

Yeah I have crossfire enabled

What games? Some games have bad/no crossfire support.

Skyrim, Bioshock Infinite, GTAV, CoD AW, Mortal Kombat X, Thief, Tomb Raider 2013 Etc.

Yeah I reinstalled the OS and all current drivers.

Could be Crossfire scaling. I ran 2x R9 270s before and got any extra 0 FPS. Try to run with a single card, switching to either card. Check FPS with each card, then put both in and compare. You *Should get at least 30% FPS improvement MINIMUM. Make sure you have Crossfire on in Catalyst Control Center.

I'm a fucking AMD kawaii weeaboo desu I have seen the light

i5 6600k EVGA 980 FTW Z170A PC Mate 1TB WD Blue240GB SSD Plus NZXT S340 | EVGA 600b  | Dedotated 8GB

How "crappy" is your system running?

Maybe few benchmark scores?

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850

Why did you go from 8350 to i7? That was a waste of money imo unless you got it on the cheap

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

Why did you go from 8350 to i7? That was a waste of money imo unless you got it on the cheap

Everyone Told me the 8320 was crap and was bottlenecking the crap out of my cards. So I upgraded as suggested by the community.

Everyone Told me the 8320 was crap and was bottlenecking the crap out of my cards. So I upgraded as suggested by the community.

Fair enough, wasn't worth it in my opinion but what's done is done :)

What games are you finding this problem in?

Did you do an OS reinstall when you swapped the components?

i5 4670k - Z87X-UD3H - EVGA GTX 670 Sig 2 - Samsung 840 Evo 250GB - 8GB Avexir Core White 1600Mhz - Corsair 750D w/ RGB LED Mod & Remote Control - 2x SP120 - 3x Enermax Cluster - 2TB Seagate SSHD - Arctic Freezer 7 Pro Rev.2 - SuperFlower Leadex Gold 750W 

How "crappy" is your system running?

Maybe few benchmark scores?

Heres a quick one i just did

Single 280x with 8320

Tomb Raider Ultimate With TressFX :Avg: 56.500 - Min: 44 - Max: 61

Dual 280x's With i7 4790k

Tomb Raider Ultimate With TressFX : Avg: 56.600 - Min: 34 - Max: 76

Single 280x with 8320

Does the system recognize that you have crossfire enabled?

Download a heaven benchmark and see if two graphics card shows up on top right corner. 

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850

Single 280x with 8320

tomb raider in particular has almost nothing to do with the cpu, its almost entirely run by the gpu.

tomb raider in particular has almost nothing to do with the cpu, its almost entirely run by the gpu.

Yeah but the the thing is the 8320 was supposed to be bottlenecking so In the second benchmark I'm running 2 cards.

Yeah but the the thing is the 8320 was supposed to be bottlenecking so In the second benchmark I'm running 2 cards.

I didn't notice the dual there, thought it was just a cpu comparison.

It looks like its a little less stable with 2 cards but you get higher framerates but the average is the same. Sounds like a crossfire problem. Have you made sure both your cards are running at near 100%?

Does the system recognize that you have crossfire enabled?

Download a heaven benchmark and see if two graphics card shows up on top right corner. 

In heaven benchmark it only shows one GPU. Also games that are utilizing crossfire such as GTAV, Mortal Kombat X and Bioshock Infinite Cause My PC to shutdown with no notice or anything. I've tried monitoring temperatures and my CPU never got hotter than 45 degrees Celsius and both my graphics cards got Up 70 degrees C and neither reach 100% load. Whats wrong?

I didn't notice the dual there, thought it was just a cpu comparison.

It looks like its a little less stable with 2 cards but you get higher framerates but the average is the same. Sounds like a crossfire problem. Have you made sure both your cards are running at near 100%?

GPU's never go higher than 50% each

Do you have MSI afterburner? I'm assuming you do, anyways, in there under the settings make sure 'Disable ULPS' is ticked, and make sure under your computers windows performance settings, make sure you are set to high performance. It might be at balanced or power saver since you did a new windows install.

In heaven benchmark it only shows one GPU. Also games that are utilizing crossfire such as GTAV, Mortal Kombat X and Bioshock Infinite Cause My PC to shutdown with no notice or anything. I've tried monitoring temperatures and my CPU never got hotter than 45 degrees Celsius and both my graphics cards got Up 70 degrees C and neither reach 100% load. Whats wrong?

So your system is only recognizing one GPU.

You used a crossfire bridge right??