Looking at a new GPU..

evinta

First of all.. i don't play games. I might start playing the FF series on steam but thats pretty much it.

I am a adobe creative cloud user, including after effects and premiere pro. My 5800 is dying slowly (which makes sense, came from my dads old pc and is getting pretty old) and it crashes illustrator, Ae and Pr on a regular basis.

So i would like to start using CUDA cores ... with a budget of $300 NZD which GPU should i look at getting? If its shorter than the 5800 its a bonus.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

Hello, 

My opinion is to get a gtx 750 ti or 750 for the money you want to spend. 

If you have extra money you should buy a gtx 660.

Its your choice, a gtx 750 with 640 cuda cores or a gtx 660 with 960 cuda cores. 

I hope i helped you and sorry for my bad english.

Let me know what you think. :) 

Best of luck. 

a gtx 970 would be perfect, but there are some quadros as well. i'll look around..

The blood on to your heart start pumping faster when you notice me.

But is ok.

Judge me for my nickname, my avatar and for the low amounts of posts I have. I will keep your heart beat raised.

Intel HD Graphics

INTEL I5-4670K | ASUS Z87-A | CORSAIR 16GB Vengence | EVGA GTX 980 SuperClocked | SAMSUNG 850 EVO 250GB | COOLER MASTER CM Storm Scout 2 | CORSAIR RM850

First of all.. i don't play games. I might start playing the FF series on steam but thats pretty much it.

I am a adobe creative cloud user, including after effects and premiere pro. My 5800 is dying slowly (which makes sense, came from my dads old pc and is getting pretty old) and it crashes illustrator, Ae and Pr on a regular basis.

So i would like to start using CUDA cores ... with a budget of $300 NZD which GPU should i look at getting? If its shorter than the 5800 its a bonus.

Yo where do you live ?

, where do you live ?

Yo where do you live ?

Look at my location... auckland NZ.

Yeah it was recommended for me to get a quadro but at $600 i almost fainted.

PC: AMD Ryzen 7 5800X Gigabyte X570 UD Corsair Vengence 32gb 3200MHZ Gigabyte RTX 2070 Intel 512gb boot / Seagate 2tb spinner Windows 10 Corsair 4000D black

Fyi i am Autistic (Aspergers) so sorry for any social mistakes (im mostly okay) If you want to learn more, Just ask! 

PCPartPicker has a New Zealand portal and you still link the AU version? Lol

OP unless you can stretch to ~$340 for a GTX 960 you're looking at a GTX 750 Ti at that budget.

BTW do you have specific loyalty to Nvidia? Because if memory serves Adobe products can use OpenCL now (at least Premiere can... not sure if AE does yet)... Radeon GPUs have really good computational power, so if you were open to that an R9 270X would probably be your best best.

Intel i5-4690K @ 3.8GHz || Gigabyte Z97X-SLI || 8GB G.Skill Ripjaws X 1600MHz || Asus GTX 760 2GB @ 1150 / 6400 || 128GB A-Data SX900 + 1TB Toshiba 7200RPM || Corsair RM650 || Fractal 3500W

PCPartPicker has a New Zealand portal and you still link the AU version? Lol

OP unless you can stretch to ~$340 for a GTX 960 you're looking at a GTX 750 Ti at that budget.

BTW do you have specific loyalty to Nvidia? Because if memory serves Adobe products can use OpenCL now (at least Premiere can... not sure if AE does yet)... Radeon GPUs have really good computational power, so if you were open to that an R9 270X would probably be your best best.

OK then srry couldn't find it https://nz.pcpartpicker.com/part/asus-video-card-r9270xdc2t2gd5

Ae still needs the cores for ray tracing etca. Or i would consider that card.

Stretching is possible. Very, i want to buy a second 1TB HD at the same time so if i wait a week or two it may be worth it just to get a better GPU.