Skyrim: Audio stopped working

Joegeddon

Hey, I was installing a sound mod for Skyrim, this mod appears to have broken the sound for my game. I tried deleting all my mods and reinstalling skyrim. Fallout New Vegas' (Related to skyrim in programming) still works. Please help me out. Thanks.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

did you install the mod through a mod manager or dit you just drop the files in the data folder?

if so, did you overwrite any files in the process?

I used NMM. I clicked overwrite all and this was for a level uncapper, I'm guessing the audio mod was also going to overwrite something. But I reinstalled the game and uninstalled all the mods.

• AMD Athlon X4 760K CPU   |   MSI FM2+ ATX A88X-G45 Motherboard   |   8GB 1600MHz RAM   |   MSI GTX 760 GPU (Reference)
  • Thermaltake Versa H22 Case   |   1TB Seagate, 0.5TB Hitachi (7200RPM)   |   ArcticRed+ 700WStock    |   Windows 8.1

I used NMM. I clicked overwrite all and this was for a level uncapper, I'm guessing the audio mod was also going to overwrite something. But I reinstalled the game and uninstalled all the mods.

sounds to me the files are still not getting detected (if they are in the right directory, that is).

maybe download some other sound mod and install it. see if those new sounds are being recognised?

if not, there may be a console command somewhere to toggle audio. don't know that one from the top of my head tough :P

sounds to me the files are still not getting detected (if they are in the right directory, that is).

maybe download some other sound mod and install it. see if those new sounds are being recognised?

if not, there may be a console command somewhere to toggle audio. don't know that one from the top of my head tough :P

Hmm. This is starting to annoy me.

well then go do something about it! :P

also ,did the mod you install through NMM need any other things? like SKSE and stuff.

I use SKSE. I've also spent about an hour and a half trying to figure this out.

I use SKSE. I've also spent about an hour and a half trying to figure this out.

well, then i'm afraid this youtube vid

is the only thing i can think of helping you out. honestly, your sound should just be working after all you've done.

well, then i'm afraid this youtube vid

is the only thing i can think of helping you out. honestly, your sound should just be working after all you've done.

I'll try it once my Skyrim reinstalls. But my Skyrim has no sound AT ALL.

IT Crowd moment: When I start up the launcher the sound is missing and the prompt to increase it is not there. Once I start up the game it is...

I feel so stupid now.

Don't feel stupid because you solved your problem.

The solution is always found in the last place you look.