Good setup for case fans. Need help.

Rayhaan Jiwani

Hello Forum,

As you read, I would like you to tell me a good fan setup for my Obsidian 250D. I am not such an expert on Static Pressure and stuff so some explaining and tolerating me will help.

Anyways here's my current setup. I have more exhaust than intake so I have dust collecting in my case, I'd like you to help me out.

One 140mm stock Corsair fan as intake at the front. (The one which came as the case)

Two small fans at the back as exhaust (I think they're 40mms and are very loud)

One Intel Stock fan for cooling my i5-4960k

One 120mm exhaust on the side. (The one which comes with the case)

My STRIX 970 which doesn't spin a lot

And my PSU fan which also doesn't spin a lot

Thanks! :)

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

Hello Forum,

As you read, I would like you to tell me a good fan setup for my Obsidian 250D. I am not such an expert on Static Pressure and stuff so some explaining and tolerating me will help.

Anyways here's my current setup. I have more exhaust than intake so I have dust collecting in my case, I'd like you to help me out.

One 140mm stock Corsair fan as intake at the front. (The one which came as the case)

Two small fans at the back as exhaust (I think they're 40mms and are very loud)

One Intel Stock fan for cooling my i5-4960k

One 120mm exhaust on the side. (The one which comes with the case)

My STRIX 970 which doesn't spin a lot

And my PSU fan which also doesn't spin a lot

Thanks! :)

I would use 2 intakes in the front if possible

One big outtake in the back

and Intake on your sidepanel.

I would use 2 intakes in the front if possible

One big outtake in the back

and Intake on your sidepanel.

The front has place for only one fan if I'm not wrong.

The exhaust at the back supports only two small fans.

Is there any way to make my side exhaust an intake? That fan is connected to my mobo.

CPU: i5 4690K @ Stock                GPU: Asus GTX 970 STRIX @ Stock      SSD: Samsung 850 EVO 120GB (OS and Drivers)     Headset: Audio-Technica M20X

Case: Corsair Obsidian 250D        RAM: Kingston HyperX 16GB LP             HDD: WD Caviar Black 2TB                                         Mouse: Logitech m185

OS: Windows 8.1 OEM                 PSU: Corsair RM650                                Motherboard: Gigabyte Z97N Mini ITX                         Keyboard: Corsair Gaming K65 RGB

The front has place for only one fan if I'm not wrong.

The exhaust at the back supports only two small fans.

Is there any way to make my side exhaust an intake? That fan is connected to my mobo.

Yes you will need to flip the fan on your side

Go for positive air pressure to keep dust out

<THE SILENT ASSASSIN>CPU(Intel i5-4690K)||COOLER(corsair H100i)||MOB(asus Maximus VII Hero ATX)||RAM(16gb of corsair vengeance)||STORAGE(Intel 530 128gb)(Samsung 850 Pro 500gb)(WD 2tb Black)||GRAPHICS(2 x Asus strix 970)||CASE(Nzxt H440)||PSU(Corsair RM750W)>http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Bbpbt6

Yes you will need to flip the fan on your side

I did that but I had to force the screws in and it was touching some wires so I flipped it back.

Change the front to a 200mm (intake)

2 120mm fans on side panel (intake)

2 80mm fans in rear (exaust)

<THE SILENT ASSASSIN>CPU(Intel i5-4690K)||COOLER(corsair H100i)||MOB(asus Maximus VII Hero ATX)||RAM(16gb of corsair vengeance)||STORAGE(Intel 530 128gb)(Samsung 850 Pro 500gb)(WD 2tb Black)||GRAPHICS(2 x Asus strix 970)||CASE(Nzxt H440)||PSU(Corsair RM750W)>http://pcpartpicker.com/b/Bbpbt6

Change the front to a 200mm (intake)

2 120mm fans on side panel (intake)

2 80mm fans in rear (exaust)

How do I make the side fans as intakes?

And I think I'm using the biggest rear exhaust fans which are supported (size wise).

Hello,

My opinion is to keep the 140mm fan as intake or 200mm, put the 2 rear fans 80mm as intake too and on the side keep 120mm fan at low rpms just enough to exaust the Cpu temps.

I recomended to put dust filters so you dont need to clean it all the time.

On my rig i have 2 140mm front as intake, 1 rear 140mm intake again, i have at the top a H110 with 4 140mm fans as exaust, with the dust filter i dont have to worry about the dust and i simply blow air with a hairdrayer and is clean again.

My temps are low, motherboard 26-28°C, Cpu 26-31°C.

Of course this is my opinion and it works for me, you should try it and let me know if its working for you too.

I hope i helped you a litle and sorry for my bad english.

Best of Luck!!! :)  

How do I make the side fans as intakes?

And I think I'm using the biggest rear exhaust fans which are supported (size wise).

Look at the direction of air flow and pointing the airflow into the case is intake

Pointing airflow out is exaust

Use dust filters to prevent dust