Witcher 3 GTX 970 GOG or Steam?

mrousavy

So I got my code for the Witcher 3 when I bought my GTX 970, and now I got to this page called GOG.com.

If the game releases, do I have a code for steam then, or do I have to play it over GOG all the time? Like, my friends won't see I'm playing The Witcher 3 if I don't add it manually, right?

I think it would be pretty dumb if I had to download GOG and play it only over GOG because I really like steam and also I don't have other sh*t like origins, and so on.

Thanks.

Sell the code then and get some money back on your video card purchase.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

I got my keys on monday. They are for gog.com only! No Steam-Key, and you probably need to have gog.com's "Galaxy" open (It's the Steam equivalent from gog.com).

why complain you can dl the game whit no client needed just dl the game and do whatever the fuck you want whit it the best part about the gog is just that 100% drm free games addionally you can just go to the steam and add the game manually as non steam game

I got my keys on monday. They are for gog.com only! No Steam-Key, and you probably need to have gog.com's "Galaxy" open (It's the Steam equivalent from gog.com).

completely wrong you dont need the client. gog motto is 100% drm free as in you can dl the game whit the downloader and be done whit it no client needed or internet connection to play the game

but better :D

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

GOG is DRM-free, even when they're releasing their own platform(GOG Galaxy), they're still going to sell games DRM-free.

Also, don't be stupid, it's not dumb just because it's not on the platform you like.

I'm telling the truth! I AM a 12 year old girl!

As others have said steam has an option to manually add the game exe to steam. Then you can launch it from steam and use most of the steam features such as fps counter, in home streaming, screenshots, status display to friends etc even though it has been purchased from elsewhere.

I think it would be pretty dumb if I had to download GOG and play it only over GOG because I really like steam and also I don't have other sh*t like origins, and so on.

That isn't how GOG works. They do have a client app in beta right now, but it is and will remain completely optional. You can literally just download the game, you can probably even install it on multiple PCs.

Here's GOG's site FAQ: http://www.gog.com/support/website_help

And here's their site explaining what GOG Galaxy is all about (scroll down): http://www.gog.com/galaxy

The Witcher 3 has no Steam-specific features and GOG is DRM free. I'm getting kind of alarmed by how many people are this devoted to Steam.  :unsure:

That isn't how GOG works. They do have a client app in beta right now, but it is and will remain completely optional. You can literally just download the game, you can probably even install it on multiple PCs.

Here's GOG's site FAQ: http://www.gog.com/support/website_help

And here's their site explaining what GOG Galaxy is all about (scroll down): http://www.gog.com/galaxy

The Witcher 3 has no Steam-specific features and GOG is DRM free. I'm getting kind of alarmed by how many people are this devoted to Steam. :unsure:

What does "DRM free" mean?

Abd also, does this all mean I can play it on steam? :D

What does "DRM free" mean?

Abd also, does this all mean I can play it on steam? :D

DRM is Digital Rights Management. Meaning no one at GOG is requiring you to log into a service to verify you own the game. You might have to put in a product key, but it's not contacting any servers. Steam is a DRM service (as are Origin and Uplay); albeit a DRM service that has mostly justified it's existence and won most of us over. You're also not relying on GOG to deliver the game files to you, after the initial download. You can probably back up your installer file or burn it to a disc or something.

You can add any game (probably any .exe) to Steam as a Non-Steam Game. When you play that game using the Steam shortcut, in most cases the chat overlay will work and your friends will see you're playing a game.

To do that, on Steam's Library tab, click the "Add a Game" link at the bottom and choose "Add a Non-Steam Game." Navigate to the Witcher 3's .exe file and add it.

DRM is Digital Rights Management. Meaning no one at GOG is requiring you to log into a service to verify you own the game. You might have to put in a product key, but it's not contacting any servers. Steam is a DRM service (as are Origin and Uplay); albeit a DRM service that has mostly justified it's existence and won most of us over. You're also not relying on GOG to deliver the game files to you, after the initial download. You can probably back up your installer file or burn it to a disc or something.

You can add any game (probably any .exe) to Steam as a Non-Steam Game. When you play that game using the Steam shortcut, in most cases the chat overlay will work and your friends will see you're playing a game.

To do that, on Steam's Library tab, click the "Add a Game" link at the bottom and choose "Add a Non-Steam Game." Navigate to the Witcher 3's .exe file and add it.

Thank you. You're a great person - Have a nice day :)

There is a way to link games from GOG to Steam but I can't fully remember how. If you want feel free too look it up.