HELP ON JAYBIRD BLUEBUD

zion319

Hello guys,

I just bought a jaybird bluebud x. It works fine with my phone and everything, but when it comes to connecting my pc, it just has like an audio breakdown.

Things I have tried.

1) Set my bluebud as default in playback device.

2) Unticked the setting under the power management tab in the bluetooth setting.

3) They say to uninstall the bluetooth driver and restart the pc. After restarting, it will install the latest driver automatically, which didnt happen. So now my bluetooth is gone and I have no idea how to install it back.

If you guys have any idea on how to fix these, please kindly let me know!!!

Thank you in advance, truly appreciated.

I cant see my bluetooh icon at my bottom right screen anymore and i found out i have a Unknown USB device(device descriptor request failed) in my device. I think my bluetooth driver is gone and I have no idea where to look for the latest version of that driver. I googled it but nothing regards about the driver.

I think I have bluetooth build in. I am using the motherboard GA-Z97N-WIFI, in the user manual clearly stated it has bluetooth connection

Hi. I have these headphones as well and there are a few issues with connecting to PC. Well first you will need to go to the website for your motherboard and redownload the bluetooth drivers. They won't reinstall no their own. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4993#driver   

By audio breakdown do you mean that it sounds like it is really distant audio? If that is it, the problem is that for some reason, at least for my built in bluetooth, when the mic is enabled the bluetooth is forced into a lower quality mode. The only way to put it back to high quality mode is to disable the mic. I haven't found a way yet to have the mic on and high quality.

If that isn't it, can you describe your problem a bit more?

Hi. I have these headphones as well and there are a few issues with connecting to PC. Well first you will need to go to the website for your motherboard and redownload the bluetooth drivers. They won't reinstall no their own. http://www.gigabyte.com/products/product-page.aspx?pid=4993#driver   

By audio breakdown do you mean that it sounds like it is really distant audio? If that is it, the problem is that for some reason, at least for my built in bluetooth, when the mic is enabled the bluetooth is forced into a lower quality mode. The only way to put it back to high quality mode is to disable the mic. I haven't found a way yet to have the mic on and high quality.

Sure. The audio is lagging. It has audio in this second and the audio can be gone in the next second and it keeps repeating the same problem.

You might just have a connection issue. That is what I was having as well when I first got mine. If you look at the connection quality for the headphones and it is probably like 1 or 2 bars. I was only 3 feet away from my computer and it was still giving me that. So what I did is i broke off the cover for the bluetooth on the motherboard and then got some alligator clips from Lowes and clip it directly onto the board. This gave it much better reception. I am able to go up 2 flights of stairs now with good connection. I attached a photo so you can see what I mean.The green board is the bluetooth. The cable near the clip is in the background not attached to the clip btw.

post-62777-0-18303400-1430969783_thumb.j

You might just have a connection issue. That is what I was having as well when I first got mine. If you look at the connection quality for the headphones and it is probably like 1 or 2 bars. I was only 3 feet away from my computer and it was still giving me that. So what I did is i broke off the cover for the bluetooth on the motherboard and then got some alligator clips from Lowes and clip it directly onto the board. This gave it much better reception. I am able to go up 2 flights of stairs now with good connection. I attached a photo so you can see what I mean.The green board is the bluetooth. The cable near the clip is in the background not attached to the clip btw.

Holy, you are certainly creative. But I am not sure it is the signal's problem. I have no problem connecting with my phone thou.

I have problem installing the driver. lol..

After installing it, nothing happened. There is no bluetooth icon in my notification bar and I cant find any bluetooth setting. Just so weird..

PS: I did restart my computer after installing the driver.

Yeah I might be wrong but I have always had a great connection with my phone as well. It was just my computer that I was having issues with. The built in bluetooth dongels are nice but they basically don't have an antenna. Do you have windows 7 or 8? For windows 7 go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Under Devices and Printers, there should be "Add a bluetooth device". Do you see that? Windows 8 - Just type in bluetooth and it should come up with "Change bluetooth settings"

Yeah I might be wrong but I have always had a great connection with my phone as well. It was just my computer that I was having issues with. The built in bluetooth dongels are nice but they basically don't have an antenna. Do you have windows 7 or 8? For windows 7 go to Control Panel -> Hardware and Sound -> Under Devices and Printers, there should be "Add a bluetooth device". Do you see that? Windows 8 - Just type in bluetooth and it should come up with "Change bluetooth settings"

I am using Window 8. It has no "bluetooth settings" or whatever related to bluetooth. It just missing...

I am going to assume that you got the windows 8 version of the drivers from the site, so does anything appear under bluetooth in "Device Manager" or is the bluetooth option even there?

I am going to assume that you got the windows 8 version of the drivers from the site, so does anything appear under bluetooth in "Device Manager" or is the bluetooth option even there?

Hello,

No, no bluetooth in the device manager. The bluetooth option is not even there.

I just double checked, I am using window 8.1 Pro according to my computer management.