i7 3770k or stick to my i5 4690k

My i5 is OC, but is there a big difference between the 3770k and what I have already.

I use my desktop for 3D work, Photoshop and rendering.

Maybe its i7 envy, the i5 is a spirited performer but I wasn't sure it was worth swapping as the performance seem very similar unless I'm mistaken.

Why not get a I7 4*** as that would use the same mobo as your I5 so you just need to change that.

An AMD cpu has no place in a solely gaming build, end of.

I3 4150, Intel HD graphics, corsair CX750M, 4gb ram, Asus H81M-E, corsair 230T, Intel stock cooler WD Green 2TB Gigabyte 550TI

Why you shouldn't trust Gpu or Cpu boss Click on this I dare you!

@rirawin

3770K?  You're going back a whole platform...  The 4960K is a Haswell chip while the 3770K is Ivy Bridge.  You'd need a whole new CPU and motherboard change lol.

QUOTE ME IN A REPLY SO I CAN SEE THE NOTIFICATION!

When there is no danger of failure there is no pleasure in success.

@rirawin

3770K?  You're going back a whole platform...  The 4960K is a Haswell chip while the 3770K is Ivy Bridge.  You'd need a whole new CPU and motherboard change lol.

why would he need to change his motherboard going from has well to ivy bridge?

why would he need to change his motherboard going from has well to ivy bridge?

Ivy Bridge = LGA 1155 Socket

Haswell = LGA 1150 Socket

Two different sockets. 

i would just sell the current cpu you have now and put that money towards something better

but then again, the i5 really isnt bad, at all...

4690K // 212 EVO // Z97-PRO // Vengeance 16GB // GTX 770 GTX 970 // MX100 128GB // Toshiba 1TB // Air 540 // HX650

Logitech G502 RGB // Corsair K65 RGB (MX Red)

we be basically swopping motherboard and cpu.

I can't afford to buy a i7 4790k, if I could I would have done so.

i would just sell the current cpu you have now and put that money towards something better

but then again, the i5 really isnt bad, at all...

Leaves me without a working PC sadly, and that is my income in using the PC producing graphics.

Ivy Bridge = LGA 1155 Socket

Haswell = LGA 1150 Socket

Two different sockets. 

Yep, my bad good catch.

Hello, 

Unfortunately for your work you need CPU Power, consider to upgrade it for faster and better perfomance.

If you cant buy a new motherboard and cpu then is out of the question, keep your rig steady to keep giving you perfomance and quality to your projects without forcing it but ofc it will take longer time for rendering.

The 3d Softwares needs cpu acceleration. 

Photoshop, Ae etc, if you have a good graphic card and above 8Gb ram then its good for those purposes.

I hope i helped you a litle and im sorry for my bad english.

Best of Luck!!!  :)

Hello, 

Unfortunately for your work you need CPU Power, consider to upgrade it for faster and better perfomance.

If you cant buy a new motherboard and cpu then is out of the question, keep your rig steady to keep giving you perfomance and quality to your projects without forcing it but ofc it will take longer time for rendering.

The 3d Softwares needs cpu acceleration. 

Photoshop, Ae etc, if you have a good graphic card and above 8Gb ram then its good for those purposes.

I hope i helped you a litle and im sorry for my bad english.

Best of Luck!!!  :)

No problem, the i5 currently is a beast doing my work, if I'm rendering I sit back on the laptop workstation instead. I would love a 4770k but even then the benchmarks wouldn't be that marked of an improvement to what I currently have ... shaving a few seconds isn't worh buying a new cpu and motherboard hence trading is more up my alley.

Either save up for a 4790k, or stick to your current CPU and quit thinking about upgrades.

I really wouldn't recommend you jump back a platform just to move to an i7.

G3258 V 860k (Spoiler: G3258 wins)

Spoiler

i7-4790K | MSI R9 390x | Cryorig H5 | MSI Z97 Gaming 7 Motherboard | G.Skill Sniper 8gbx2 1600mhz DDR3 | Corsair 300R | WD Green 2TB 2.5" 5400RPM drive | <p>Corsair RM750 | Logitech G602 | Corsair K95 RGB | Logitech Z313