intel or amd?

Nice guys! 

Thanks for all the help!

I'm going to redo my build, and post it here for comments and help. just gimme some time :P

The intel build will perform significantly better in pretty much everything.

By the way, 850 watts are overkill, you don't really need more than 500.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Intel build! Get an i5 4690k and a GTX 980 ;)

This. If you aren't going to stream/record/edit/render this is the better way to go, imo.

Though if I were you and was set on getting the 4790K, I'd get a Lightning 290X over the 970.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

<$200, go AMD; >$200, go Intel.  BTW, the i7 is way more powerful and expensive than the 8350.  Practically apples to oranges.

I don't always use Vessel.... but when I do, it's because of Scrapyard Wars.

Go with AMD just to be different, and then come back every other day to the forums, complaining your frame rates are low.

R9 3900XT | Tomahawk B550 | Ventus OC RTX 3090 | Photon 1050W | 32GB DDR4 | TUF GT501 Case | Vizio 4K 50'' HDR

Intel master race. 

Current Rig: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3, ASRock H97 Pro4 ATX mobo, 8GB 1600 MHz G.Skill Ripjaws, GTX 970, Corsair 550W, Kingston 120GB SSD & WD Black 1TB HDD, NZXT H440 Case.

So Intel is high-end and AMD is budget build right ?

Asking because they are very different in price and performance respectively.

I would get that Intel (performance is better) build but would get 500-600w PSU because 850w is overkill for single GPU build. That 970 with stock i7 will only draw about 400w absolute maximum.

Many people suggest i5-4690k but if u want to multitask or stream at some point u will appreciate extra power from HyperThreading. Otherwise i5-4690, 980, 600w PSU, 850 evo SSD would be perfect for gaming maxed out on 1080p and high-ultra on 1440p :)

Connection200mbps / 12mbps 5Ghz wifi

My baby: CPU - i7-4790, MB - Z97-A, RAM - Corsair Veng. LP 16gb, GPU - MSI GTX 1060, PSU - CXM 600, Storage - Evo 840 120gb, MX100 256gb, WD Blue 1TB, Cooler - Hyper Evo 212, Case - Corsair Carbide 200R, Monitor - Benq  XL2430T 144Hz, Mouse - FinalMouse, Keyboard -K70 RGB, OS - Win 10, Audio - DT990 Pro, Phone - iPhone SE

Honestly in my opinion Intel has better CPU'S but AMD has better GPU bang for your buck wise. But all the AMD cpu's are so old now. I still stand by my 290.

Also be very careful with your titles, this title initially would have you believe you want to start a flame war. Now I know those aren't your intentions but still, just be careful.

My article on subscription based services and why they are the way forward http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/382625-what-the-future-holds/

4690k and a 980 would be the best combination imo. Also get a nice PSU, such as seasonic. 

I've always used AMD On most of my systems... but intel is just too much. Reason why? Your paying for the name... not their products...

Generally speaking better products are more expensive. You aren't only paying for a name when you buy intel, you're paying for a superior product.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

I've always used AMD On most of my systems... but intel is just too much. Reason why? Your paying for the name... not their products...

This is very untrue. There are AMD CPUs out there that out front have fantastic specs! AN AMD FX-8350 8 cores and a 4Hz clock speed for $170 seems awesome right? Well, not exactly. AMD CPUs have notoriously high power consumption and heat outputs and also, out front specs shouldn't persuade you to buy their products, as benchmarks show the real situation. The Intel Core i5-4670k with only 4 processing cores and a clock speed of 3.4GHz performed better in tests testing core performance and real benchmarks than the 8-core 4GHz FX-8350 by AMD (as seen here: http://cpuboss.com/cpus/Intel-Core-i5-4670K-vs-AMD-FX-8350).Also due to power consumption, the same site estimates that the FX-8350 would have an annual home energy cost of $56, more than the 4670k's estimated $20 annual energy cost. So in the long run, you actually might end up paying a little more money for an originally cheaper AMD CPU than with a more power-efficient Intel processor. 

With that being said, what company you buy from honestly depends on budget, personal preference, and the specific build and what the builder wants the build to do. 

Current Rig: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3, ASRock H97 Pro4 ATX mobo, 8GB 1600 MHz G.Skill Ripjaws, GTX 970, Corsair 550W, Kingston 120GB SSD & WD Black 1TB HDD, NZXT H440 Case.