R9 295X2 and Titan series custom PCB/Coolers?

What's the deal with AMD and Nvidia not allowing 3rd party companies to create custom coolers / pcb for Titan series and R9 295X2's?

Is there any clear reason to this? or are they trying to keep it original? concidering most R9 295X2's and TitanX's could just be bought at stock clock/price and then users can just OC saving themselves a bit of money instead of buying pre-oc'ed costly 3rd party cards?

And should they be allowed or have they stopped 3rd party cards due to technical limitations?

Regular human bartender...Jackie Daytona.

What's the deal with AMD and Nvidia not allowing 3rd party companies to create custom coolers / pcb for Titan series and R9 295X2's?

Is there any clear reason to this? or are they trying to keep it original? concidering most R9 295X2's and TitanX's could just be bought at stock clock/price and then users can just OC saving themselves a bit of money instead of buying pre-oc'ed costly 3rd party cards?

And should they be allowed or have they stopped 3rd party cards due to technical limitations?

At least for Nvidia, they've never allowed AIC partners. The reason is because they like the design and they want it to be the representation of their premium product.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

This 295X2 looks very custom to me. NV put the foot down and have allowed no custom Titans. Customer coolers they will allow but no custom PCBs.

PCB-Naked_w_600.jpg

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

This 295X2 looks very custom to me. NV put the foot down and have allowed no custom Titans. Customer coolers they will allow but no custom PCBs.

PCB-Naked_w_600.jpg

Is that the PowerColor Devil 13? Also, it's marketed as a "Dual-Core" R9 290X and not "R9 295X2" if I remember correctly.

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

Is that the PowerColor Devil 13? Also, it's marketed as a "Dual-Core" R9 290X and not "R9 295X2" if I remember correctly.

It is the Devil 13.

If you want to be a nit picky kid, then yea it was called the Dual Core 290X. Although it is still classed as a 295X2. Since at heart, like all the 295X2 cards, it is using two 290X cores.

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

At least for Nvidia, they've never allowed AIC partners. The reason is because they like the design and they want it to be the representation of their premium product.

Have always wondered why they stick with the stock coolers, previous Titans look awful but the TiX does look fairly slick with the Black design.

As for AMD I have no idea lol

PCB-Naked_w_600.jpg

Bit depressing, but I guess if they want there premium product to be bold then I guess that explains a lot.

Have always wondered why they stick with the stock coolers, previous Titans look awful but the TiX does look fairly slick with the Black design.

As for AMD I have no idea lol

LOL. You say they looked awful and the TitanX cooler looks slick while the only difference is the color of the ace of the cooler

Cpu:i5-4690k Gpu:r9 280x with some other things

LOL. You say they looked awful and the TitanX cooler looks slick while the only difference is the color of the ace of the cooler

Hey, I can't hate Nvidia for making it a colour other than grey/steel/chrome-y? I just like the shift in colour.