AM voice filter?

carguy86

Im starting a local radio-show (using a raspberry pi with PiFm from Make to transmit) and i need some kind of voice changer to provide a "rich and deep" AM style voice.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Im starting a local radio-show (using a raspberry pi with PiFm from Make to transmit) and i need some kind of voice changer to provide a "rich and deep" AM style voice.

I don't know if there's any way to do it on the raspberry pi itself (unless you find a suitable program to install VSTs on a Pi, and find the right AM-style VST), but if you're using a PC to pass audio into the pi then you could use something like reaper I use that to get rid of background noise, but you can use the built in effects to create an AM style audio transmission.

If you need any help setting up reaper then I'm here :)

If you found my post helpful make sure to press the "Like This" Button  ;)

Im recording + editing transmittions for mondays on sundays and tuesdays on monday (pre recorded as pi fm cant take live audio input)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

Please excuse my ignorance but, what kind of Mic are you using. Sometimes you can achieve this exact sound with the appropriate mic.

The mic on my razer blackshark headset. (Dont hate on me for getting this headset it has AMAZING audio qality on the mic)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Since its prerecorded just change you voice on something like audacity, just play around to you find something cool sounding.

The Dick of the audio page!

Since its prerecorded just change you voice on something like audacity, just play around to you find something cool sounding.

audacity adds a lot of noise...... (low humming/fizzing noises)

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

The way it is normally done is using a condenser microphone and getting up very close. Many microphones have proximity effect that adds bass when close, if you are wanting it added in real time just give it a try moving the microphone very close to your mouth and turning the gain down to compensate

CPU  Intel i7 5820k Motherboard Asus X99-S  RAM  32GB (8x4) Kingston Hyper X Fury GPU EVGA GTX 1080Ti SC2 iCX Case Fractal Design R4 Windowed Storage 500GB Samsung 850 Evo + 120GB Crucial M500 SSD + 2TB Seagate Barracuda + 1TB Western Digital Blue PSU Corsair RM1000 Display 2x Asus VS239HV Cooling  Noctua NH-D15 Keyboard  Corsair K70 RGB Mouse Logitech G502 Gaming Surface Razer Golitahus Extended Speed

The way it is normally done is using a condenser microphone and getting up very close. Many microphones have proximity effect that adds bass when close, if you are wanting it added in real time just give it a try moving the microphone very close to your mouth and turning the gain down to compensate

Well I can see that going brilliantly.

The Dick of the audio page!

Well I can see that going brilliantly.

problem for me is that i cant aford all the equipment to do that, i have to do it in edit.

My pc:

(Black Glacier)

My server:

i dont like to say this be sometimes if you want specialized results in you need the specialized gear whether you can afford it or not.

Everything you need to know about AMD cpus in one simple post.  Christian Member 

Wii u, ps3(2 usb fat),ps4

Iphone 6 64gb and surface RT

Hp DL380 G5 with one E5345 and bunch of hot swappable hdds in raid 5 from when i got it. intend to run xen server on it

Apple Power Macintosh G5 2.0 DP (PCI-X) with notebook hdd i had lying around 4GB of ram

TOSHIBA Satellite P850 with Core i7-3610QM,8gb of ram,default 750hdd has dual screens via a external display as main and laptop display as second running windows 10

MacBookPro11,3:I7-4870HQ, 512gb ssd,16gb of memory