[Request] Simple Volume Adjuster in C++

Kingofpants
Go to solution Solved by fizzlesticks,

http://www.filedropper.com/micvolume MicVolume v6.01.12b 

You can replace icon.ico to change the tray icon;

Probably doesn't work exactly like you want but I've exceeded my 15 minute time limit;

To run at startup you can put a shortcut in the startup folder;

So right now I need a simple program made for my friend, I would do it but I don't have any experience in C code.

Right now my friend has issues with the Mic on his computer having a forced on Auto Adjust that doesn't work too well. So he needs a program to Fixate it.

This is a Sample Design of what it needs to Look like (Doesn't Need to be colourless or have Maximumize) >>

JwPccKU.png

So as you can see it only needs a few Settings.

Just have a <Select Device> on the Editing.

Then Every <Speed> Milliseconds set its Volume to <Slidebar>

And it doesn't need to have Multi-Device support although different bars and update speeds for each would be very nice.

Then it needs a few features:

> Launch Minimized (So it can be kept in the Startup Folder) - Although I think I would be able to do that with launch options.

> Minimize to Tray So it doesn't Stay on the Taskbar

> Keep settings upon program restart.

I'm not sure how long something like this would take but Id imagine pretty quick with Managed code.

If you need Icon work just Reply to this topic with Dimensions and Use and Ill whip something up.

A riddle wrapped in an enigma , shot to the moon and made in China

Not many people are willing to program stuff for free. Look into paying a freelance programmer.

Not many people are willing to program stuff for free. Look into paying a freelance programmer.

Honestly I'm probably just gonna end up making it myself tomorrow. I'll watch a few Tutorials on my specific needs and basically copy pasta the code. I'm definitely not paying a freelance programer though since I don't have a method to pay anyone except in cash. At least I know Visual Studios makes making programs such as this rather simple. Not sure about adjusting audio though , that might need some tomfoolery with Audio Driver APIs. 

You'd be suprised

"My game vs my brains, who gets more fatal errors?" ~ Camper125Lv, GMC Jam #15

You'd be suprised

They certainly are out there I just haven't seen it happen here. Sure people will give coded answers to some questions, but someone asking to have something coded for them just doesn't get many bites. It's not impossible though, I was just providing an alternative if it was important and the OP wasn't able to code it themselves.

Just a side note, I have a blue snowball and it does not auto adjust for me. It could be skype changing it. There is a check mark under the voice volume option in skype that auto adjusts your mic level and it is default for some reason.

If that does not happen to be the case, I wish you luck for your program. It will be harder than you expect though.

http://www.filedropper.com/micvolume MicVolume v6.01.12b

You can replace icon.ico to change the tray icon;

Probably doesn't work exactly like you want but I've exceeded my 15 minute time limit;

To run at startup you can put a shortcut in the startup folder;

I'll Check back after school and check it out.

Thanks a lot for your effort , I really appreciate it!

Just a side note, I have a blue snowball and it does not auto adjust for me. It could be skype changing it. There is a check mark under the voice volume option in skype that auto adjusts your mic level and it is default for some reason.

If that does not happen to be the case, I wish you luck for your program. It will be harder than you expect though.

I wrote blue Snowball their since It was my mic, he actually uses an Audio Technica AT-2020 which, due to issues with registery keys from leftovers of applications, enjoys randomly Maxing its volume.