Spotify vs GPMAA

Jessica

How do these two music streaming services compare? I'm looking to pick one of these up as my daily music player and streaming service as a premium/paying member and I'm not sure which one to choose. How does GPMAA compare in terms of library (I listen to less known music within EDM and kpop), general usability on desktop and mobile and sound quality? 

"Pass the Potatoes." - Richard Dawkins

I think most people just go Spotify, but I know of 2 people that use and like GPMAA. Just use them both and take your pick

I prefer spotify I feel its more of a polished service. The really big benefit that makes me think about switching is with GPMAA you can lock your phone whilst listening to a song on youtube.

Spotify is nowadays the default, the standard, so I usually go with them. Also Google Play makes me sick... everything related is just like they only want your money, I mean, is just my opinion of what I see... So yeah, Spotify :P

PS: Yeah, every enterprise wants your money but Google Play environment is like... worse, sorry I can't find the right term in english xD, in spanish would be "Descarado".

Good luck!

I'm from Spain so English is not my main language but I'm trying to make my best not writing any typo.

Spotify is nowadays the default, the standard, so I usually go with them. Also Google Play makes me sick... everything related is just like they only want your money, I mean, is just my opinion of what I see... So yeah, Spotify :P

PS: Yeah, every enterprise wants your money but Google Play environment is like... worse, sorry I can't find the right term in english xD, in spanish would be "Descarado".

Good luck!

Although I tend to agree with your views of Google if they have the better service available I will use it. 

I prefer spotify I feel its more of a polished service. The really big benefit that makes me think about switching is with GPMAA you can lock your phone whilst listening to a song on youtube.

That seems like a major + for GPMAA as I often listen to youtube music playlists. I'll have to consider GPMAA some more. 

I tend to agree with you on spotify feeling more polished, but I'm wondering if they've implemented a swipe feature on the android app for changing songs? That was one of the only polished/usability gripes I really have when I was using spotify on my mobile. 

Although I tend to agree with your views of Google if they have the better service available I will use it. 

That seems like a major + for GPMAA as I often listen to youtube music playlists. I'll have to consider GPMAA some more. 

I tend to agree with you on spotify feeling more polished, but I'm wondering if they've implemented a swipe feature on the android app for changing songs? That was one of the only polished/usability gripes I really have when I was using spotify on my mobile. 

I have the swipe on my samsung s4 :P

I use spotify quite happy with it but i run ad blocker on the browser version so i dont pay for premium and still no ads :)
Never tried the other.

The Dick of the audio page!

Neither service is perfect, I've used both. Ultimately I think it comes down to minor differences in both the available albums and the user interface.

Neither service is perfect, I've used both. Ultimately I think it comes down to minor differences in both the available albums and the user interface.

How does the user interface feel on browser in comparison to an actual app with GPMAA? Have you noticed any minor availability issues on a genre or band that you like not being on the service?

I use spotify quite happy with it but i run ad blocker on the browser version so i dont pay for premium and still no ads :)

Never tried the other.

I'd like to pay to get the added benefits both services offer. 

How does the user interface feel on browser in comparison to an actual app with GPMAA? Have you noticed any minor availability issues on a genre or band that you like not being on the service?

GPMAA in browser was a little easier to navigate than on the mobile app. That being said, I prefer Spotify's UI over Google Play personally. I felt that Spotify was just easier to navigate as well as use in organizing music.

Fiio E10K - AKG Q701 - Micca MB42X

Galaxy S6

Zowie FK