H220 pump problem

Hey guys,

So my H220's pump is making heaps of noise, similar to this:

It is brand new and its cooling is a joke, im running a 4770k at stock (3.5ghz) and it went up to 90 degrees when did a stress test in aida64

Any tips on how to fix it would be great since im in New Zealand but I bought it from NCIX in Canada (nobody sells H220's in New Zealand)

RMA that thing.

CPU: i5 4670k • Cooler: Corsair H100i • Motherboard: MSI Z87 MPOWER • RAM: Crucial Ballistix Elite 2x 8GB • Storage: Samsung 840 250GB SSD, 2x WD Red 3TB • GPU: EVGA GTX 780 3GB • PSU: Corsair RM750W • Case: Corsair 750D • Mouse: Razer Naga 2012 (I actually use the thing for productivity/media buttons) • Keyboard: Ducky Shine 3 w/ Browns - Green LED • Monitor: Asus PB278Q 27" 2560 x 1440, ASUS PB238Q 23" 1920x1080 • Lighting: 2m NZXT Sleeved Blue LED Strip • pcpartpicker.com/p/3cHfZ

pretty sure I cant

'Swiftech provides technical support to anyone anywhere in the world, but does not provide warranty support outside of the United States.'

I was reading the reviews on Newegg and apparently this is a common problem with the H220 pump. The only thing people could do as far as I know is to RMA it.

Spoiler

-

CPU:Ryzen 9 5900X GPU: Asus GTX 1080ti Strix MB: Asus Crosshair Viii Hero RAM: G.Skill Trident Neo CPU Cooler: Corsair H110

RMA, It's the safest thing to do. This is an EXTREMELY good quality cooler so i believe you just got a rare defective one. Happens! So RMA it that way no serious problems can occur.

Andres "Bluejay" Alejandro Montefusco - The Forums Favorite Bird!!!

Top Clock: 7.889 Ghz Cooled by: Liquid Helium   

#ChocolateRAM #OatmealFans #ScratchItHarder #WorstcardBestoverclocker #CrazySexStories #SchnitzelQuest TS3 SERVER

do you have any buddies in the U.S?

you could RMA it with their address

Linus Sebastian said:

The stand is indeed made of metal but I wouldn't drive my car over a bridge made of it.

https://youtu.be/X5YXWqhL9ik?t=552

I have one friend in NY but unfortunately he has just come home to New Zealand lol so I think im screwed, cant RMA from here, they wont take it, plus it will take forever for me to send it and receive another one.

Thinking I might just buy an H110 since I have a 650D which can handle a 280mm rad

Can you just return it to the place you bought it from? 

CPU: AMD 3950x Mobo: MSI B550 RAM: 32GB DDR4 GPU: Asus 3080 Strix PSU: Superflower Leadex 3 720w Case: BeQuiet 500DX

Storage: 2TB SSD + 4TB HDD Audio: SMSL 793ii -> HiFiman HE-400 + Mission MS-50 Speakers

To the best of my knowledge you take up defective products etc with the company who makes them not the company you bought it from, so there probably wouldn't be a point trying to sort it out with NCIX

That sounds like it has no coolant in it or the impeller (spinning thing that pushes water) is off balance.

Maybe try adding more coolant to the unit? (There might just be air bubbles stuck around the impeller)

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

I don't have any coolant but I guess I could just add some fresh water to it? is it like a cars radiator where its tap water + coolant mix?

Could air bubbles really cause an issue like this? well I guess its worth a try

I don't have any coolant but I guess I could just add some fresh water to it? is it like a cars radiator where its tap water + coolant mix?

Could air bubbles really cause an issue like this? well I guess its worth a try

You can dilute it very slightly but it isn't recommended. If you are going to do it use distilled water.

Feel free to PM for any water-cooling questions. Check out my profile for more ways to contact me.

Add me to your circles on Google+ here or you can follow me on twitter @deadfire19.

thank you, I might try that, a little bit shouldn't hurt, ill probably throw the whole thing away anyways if this doesn't fix it

return it to the retailer, on satisfaction warranty.

airdeano

return it to the retailer, on satisfaction warranty.

airdeano

Any tips on how to fix it would be great since im in New Zealand but I bought it from NCIX in Canada

I assume the return postage would be very expensive and NCIX might not cover that.

my bad, i'd looked at the video and didn't finish the post..

has any contact been done with NCIX.ca? as they do have a pretty good policy.

and since they are trying to be "export" friendly.. might be a shot to getting some

satisfaction..

airdeano

swiftech have emailed me saying that it is most likely an air bubble and gave me a list of ways to remove it so ill give this a whirl

most likely an air bubble

(There might just be air bubbles stuck around the impeller)

well tried all there ways to get rid of an air bubble and it didn't seem to help, although it was interesting that when the case was tipped on its side, so the back of the motherboard was facing the ground, the noise got worse, but again it didn't make the air bubble go away and I was trying for 2 hours, not really sure what to do now

TonyN had a similar issue, RMA return had same problem. he bought a tube

reservoir to fix his issue. said, it was money ahead, instead of refund or another

RMA. this was a suggestion from Swiftech.

airdeano

TonyN had a similar issue, RMA return had same problem. he bought a tube

reservoir to fix his issue. said, it was money ahead, instead of refund or another

RMA. this was a suggestion from Swiftech.

airdeano

Why would Swiftech recommend buying another product to fix one of theirs when nothing has changed over stock?

Why would Swiftech recommend buying another product to fix one of theirs when nothing has changed over stock?

Well if it fixes the problem and they can't fix it by getting it back via RMA they might as well tell people all the ways they might be able to fix it...

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

Well if it fixes the problem and they can't fix it by getting it back via RMA they might as well tell people all the ways they might be able to fix it...

Or make a product that doesn't need fixing in the first place.

Or make a product that doesn't need fixing in the first place.

Every product has a certain failure rate. And if they can't cover some people with warranty they might as well give them proper advice so they might still have a good experience with the product.

AMD FX8320 @3.5ghz |  Gigabyte 990FXA-UD3  |  Corsair Vengeance 8gb 1600mhz  |  Hyper 412s  |  Gigabyte windforceR9 290  |  BeQuiet! 630w  |  Asus Xonar DGX  |  CoolerMast HAF 912+  |  Samsung 840 120gb

2 WD red 1tb RAID0  |  WD green 2tb(external, backup)  |  Asus VG278He  |  LG Flatron E2240  |  CMstorm Quickfire TK MXbrown  |  Sharkoon Fireglider  |  Audio Technica ATH700X

#KILLEDMYWIFE

so they might still have a good experience with the product.

I've never had a "good experience" with something I've had to spend extra money on to make it work. Swiftech should be the ones paying for the res this guy may have to buy if anything.