CAMERA WAT?

Any good suggestions for a camera body that can shoot decent photos but mostly good quality videos budget: 0 to $1000. And any good lenses that fits the body and also great for close ups and just normal high quality video. 

Thanks guys

I would try to snatch a Cannon T3i for that price. Though, I think for a bit more you can get the kit with a lens, sd card, bag, etc on Amazon. 

Or Nikon D3200, currently on sale right now on Amazon, and also for $80 more u can get a bundle deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-18-55mm-3-5-5-6-NIKKOR/dp/B007VGGFZU

Either one of those is a great choice. Though, in most cases, the 3200 will be slightly under $500, while the T3i will be slightly over.

EDIT: Why u say he would waste time? Did I miss something?  :blink:

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

I would try to snatch a Cannon T3i for that price. Though, I think for a bit more you can get the kit with a lens, sd card, bag, etc on Amazon. 

Or Nikon D3200, currently on sale right now on Amazon, and also for $80 more u can get a bundle deal.

http://www.amazon.com/Nikon-Digital-18-55mm-3-5-5-6-NIKKOR/dp/B007VGGFZU

Either one of those is a great choice. Though, in most cases, the 3200 will be slightly under $500, while the T3i will be slightly over.

EDIT: Why u say he would waste time? Did I miss something?  :blink:

THX man, me kinda noob to dis

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

Is the K-50 really that good (as like snapsort would paint it to be)? I mean putting it against some Canons and Nikons it has an edge over them yet when I asked about a K-50 I had been told was sort of something to stay away because the lack of lenses.

a Moo Floof connoisseur and curator.

:x@handymanshandle x @pinksnowbirdie || Jake x Brendan :x
Youtube Audio Normalization

Is the K-50 really that good (as like snapsort would paint it to be)? I mean putting it against some Canons and Nikons it has an edge over them yet when I asked about a K-50 I had been told was sort of something to stay away because the lack of lenses.

I answered this concern in another thread.  Here is what I posted:

"I've dipped into the deep end of the hobby level DSLR thing a few times over the years.  Best, most important piece of advice?  What ever your budget is for the camera, double it.  If you are serious about it (or might end up seriously engaged with it in the future), the camera is only about half the expense.  Once you end up with the lenses you want, a good bag, a good tripod, filters, remote, extra batteries, books (oh yes, you will!), etc., etc. etc. that is roughly what you will have spent.

Second?  Buy Pentax, even a used K10, K20, K5, etc.  Why?  Two reasons:

First, most of the good Pentax DSLRs are both dust and water resistant.  The K10D has something like 40 different silicon seals in the body.  A camera that you will only use in perfect weather is a camera you won't want to even take outdoors... and when you do, and end up with moisture inside it or dust on the sensor (which WILL eventually happen... seals just keep it from happening sooner!), you'll wish you had.

Second reason:  Pentax puts the mechanical anti-shake mechanism in the body of the camera, not the lens... which is the way you find it on most of their competitors.  Since the Pentax design can be used with hundreds of pre-DSLR lenses that means any lens you stick on it will have the same stability feature.  Check craigslist and such for clean, older Pentax kits (pre-dslr)... you might never use the film camera body but often times you can score really, REALLY nice lenses that way for pennies on the dollar."

System: i5 6600K@3.6 GHz, Gigabyte Z170XP SLI, 2x8 Corsair DDR 3000, Corsair Hydro H60i cooler, Rosewill CAPSTONE 750w Gold PSU, 1x 512GB SSD, 1x 2TB 7200RPM, Windows 10 Pro x64
Display: XFX R9 390 DD, triple 1920x1200 24" HP monitors (5760x1200 @ 60Hz)   Sound: Audio-gd NFB-11 -> AKG K7XX or 2.1 speaker system

I answered this concern in another thread.  Here is what I posted:

"I've dipped into the deep end of the hobby level DSLR thing a few times over the years.  Best, most important piece of advice?  What ever your budget is for the camera, double it.  If you are serious about it (or might end up seriously engaged with it in the future), the camera is only about half the expense.  Once you end up with the lenses you want, a good bag, a good tripod, filters, remote, extra batteries, books (oh yes, you will!), etc., etc. etc. that is roughly what you will have spent.

Second?  Buy Pentax, even a used K10, K20, K5, etc.  Why?  Two reasons:

First, most of the good Pentax DSLRs are both dust and water resistant.  The K10D has something like 40 different silicon seals in the body.  A camera that you will only use in perfect weather is a camera you won't want to even take outdoors... and when you do, and end up with moisture inside it or dust on the sensor (which WILL eventually happen... seals just keep it from happening sooner!), you'll wish you had.

Second reason:  Pentax puts the mechanical anti-shake mechanism in the body of the camera, not the lens... which is the way you find it on most of their competitors.  Since the Pentax design can be used with hundreds of pre-DSLR lenses that means any lens you stick on it will have the same stability feature.  Check craigslist and such for clean, older Pentax kits (pre-dslr)... you might never use the film camera body but often times you can score really, REALLY nice lenses that way for pennies on the dollar."

Interesting. Eh I've been sort of on the fence between the T5i, 70D and a6000 of course on paper the a6000 has an edge but then comes the lens issue the E mount is limited but I could find old Minolta lenses and have more options though I think I want a Canon lens system so justifying the a6000 is hard since I'm not really sure if there is good E to EF(-S) adapter.

This is my thread from back in December (I was still getting familiar with photography but as of late (I've sort of been watching a lot of videos from like Digitalrev and so on.) http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/277683-which-is-better-pentax-k-50-or-sony-a6000/

Here is the same camera (K50) with a basic lens for $419:  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/982527-REG/pentax_10894_k_50_digital_slr_camera.html/prm/alsVwDtl

Compare that to the Canon T5 kit with a similar lens for $20 less ($399):  http://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/product/1030209-REG/canon_9126b003_eos_a_rebel_t5_dslr.html/prm/alsVwDtl

The canon lens "features Canon's Optical Image Stabilization technology" which means more expensive, if nothing else.  Like I said Pentax puts the image stabilization in the body of the camera, NOT the lens.  The Pentax K mount was first used in 1975.  Any lens that says Pentax on it, and many off brand compatibles, made in the last forty years will go on that K50 and give you image stabilization.  There are also lens adapters that can be bought cheaply to allow other lens to work with it as well.  The Pentax K mount definitely offers the best backwards lens compatibility and with stabilization in the body, that means far more "stabilized" lens than any of it's competitors.

Plus, for that extra $20 you get full dust and weather seals.  Most Canon, Nikon, etc. only seal the battery door, etc.

The new canon t6s is a good option. as for a lens, what kind of video will you be shooting?

Case: Phanteks Evolve X with ITX mount  cpu: Ryzen 3900X 4.35ghz all cores Motherboard: MSI X570 Unify gpu: EVGA 1070 SC  psu: Phanteks revolt x 1200W Memory: 64GB Kingston Hyper X oc'd to 3600mhz ssd: Sabrent Rocket 4.0 1TB ITX System CPU: 4670k  Motherboard: some cheap asus h87 Ram: 16gb corsair vengeance 1600mhz

If you want good video you need good audio. 

People don't give a dam if it's a beautifully shot perfectly crisp image if your audio is hissing and crackling. 

Don't blow all your budget on the camera and lens, for serious video you need a mic. A POWERED MIC to be precise. Don't go with something like the RODE Video-Mic Go because you're on board pre-amps on any consumer camera SUCKS. Invest in something like a RODE Video Mic Pro that can provide a clean signal to the camera. 

Oh and something like a RX10 or a Panasonix FZ1000 probably would be your best bet. They're really simplistic to use, have a great all in one lens that can do pretty good macro work and offer great codecs. 

Interesting. Eh I've been sort of on the fence between the T5i, 70D and a6000 of course on paper the a6000 has an edge but then comes the lens issue the E mount is limited but I could find old Minolta lenses and have more options though I think I want a Canon lens system so justifying the a6000 is hard since I'm not really sure if there is good E to EF(-S) adapter.

This is my thread from back in December (I was still getting familiar with photography but as of late (I've sort of been watching a lot of videos from like Digitalrev and so on.) http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/277683-which-is-better-pentax-k-50-or-sony-a6000/

K50 has always been a decent camera, just alot of people hate the looks of it (as in all pentax DSLR)

I personally recommend a Panasonic fz1000

K50 has always been a decent camera, just alot of people hate the looks of it (as in all pentax DSLR)

I personally recommend a Panasonic fz1000

Ah yeah, some don't like the White and Black thing they have going on with the K50. Also image quality seems to be a topic of complaint with the K50.

I went to Best Buy yesterday and held a couple entry level Canon's and Nikon's and I found that Canon had a better grippy-er feeling to it than the Nikon. 

For casuals - Sony a6000 or Olympus OM-D E-M10 atw

For a mix - Canon T3 to T6i

For more pro like use - Canon 70D or Nikon D7100 

For pro - Canon 1D X or 5D Mk 3

• 4 weeks later...

THX man, me kinda noob to dis

I shoot nikon, so Im gonna recommend then but a d3200/3300 will be a nice starter without overwhelming you with stuff, and you can get a nice tripod, nice high speed memory card (if you want to do action shots) and let you do some video. I used my starter camera for 6 years before I felt I out grew it. 

System Specs

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600x | Mobo: Gigabyte B550i Aorus Pro AX | RAM: Hyper X Fury 3600 64gb | GPU: Nvidia FE 4090 | Storage: WD Blk SN750 NVMe - 1tb, Samsung 860 Evo - 1tb, WD Blk - 6tb/5tb, WD Red - 10tb | PSU:Corsair ax860 | Cooling: AMD Wraith Stealth  Displays: 55" Samsung 4k Q80R, 24" BenQ XL2420TE/XL2411Z & Asus VG248QE | Kb: K70 RGB Blue | Mouse: Logitech G903 | Case: Fractal Torrent RGB | Extra: HTC Vive, Fanatec CSR/Shifters/CSR Elite Pedals w/ Rennsport stand, Thustmaster Warthog HOTAS, Track IR5,, ARCTIC Z3 Pro Triple Monitor Arm | OS: Win 10 Pro 64 bit