Can't find my router!

tvno

Just yesterday I Built my new pc and all went smoothly. I installed a netis WF2118 300mbs wireless N PCI Adapter.

My router name is I think Virgin media super hub 2ac (made by netgear).

My phone connects fine and finds both the 2.4ghz connection and the 5ghz connection. My computer seems to find three other Virgin media routers but none with the specific name mine has (it's in the format VM*******-2G)

Anyone know why??? I Know nothing about networking

Download & install all the latest drivers, especially Networking/Communication drivers - anything that relates to that.

Also go to your router manufacturer's site (Virgin) and download the latest Firmware/Software/Updates for your router.

PS: Did your router come with any software? If so, load it up.

If your other devices are seeing it, and your computer isn't, then I'm almost certain it's one of the reasons I mentioned above.

Hope this helped.

::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::

« Current PC ~ Phantom Beast »

.::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::.

Download all the latest drivers, especially Networking drivers, and anything in relation.

By that you mean the disk that comes with the adapter?

I've already done that and I assumed it wouldn't be that as I can find so many other routers like next doors

By that you mean the disk that comes with the adapter?

I've already done that and I assumed it wouldn't be that as I can find so many other routers like next doors

Maybe this will help:

http://classroom.synonym.com/wont-computer-recognize-router-anymore-7029.html

I'm not sure mate. Just research around and see what you find.. Router problems are so damn annoying, and everyone's Achilles's heel, lol.

A family member of mine works in the IT/Networking field and says he'd rather set up server rooms than deal with router problems. Though that's probably a slight over-exaggeration.

Either way, I wish I could help more but like I said, any 1 problem with a router could have 350 solutions to it.. I've provided what I feel is the problem.

Let me know if you have any further questions, and good luck!

Maybe this will help:

http://classroom.synonym.com/wont-computer-recognize-router-anymore-7029.html

I'm not sure mate. Just research around and see what you find.. Router problems are so damn annoying, and everyone's Achilles's heel, lol.

A family member of mine works in the IT/Networking field and says he'd rather set up server rooms than deal with router problems. Though that's probably a slight over-exaggeration.

Either way, I wish I could help more but like I said, any 1 problem with a router could have 350 solutions to it.. I've provided what I feel is the problem.

Let me know if you have any further questions, and good luck!

Just to let you know, I managed to fix it. I went into my router settings and changed the security mode from WPA Auto to WPA2-PSK[AES] and changed the channel to Auto. My computer now finds it :)

Ohhh.. Yeah. That too. Always WPA2. >.<