Is this normal ?

I looked at this and was surprised at what I saw, Quite high numbers is what I saw, I was wondering if it was normal I have only been folding for about a week or two.

znpZZTy.jpg

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

Folding @ Home Install Guide and Links | My Build

That looks like my 6850. But where is the cpu?

Most likely removed it from the slots.

"It pays to keep an open mind, but not so open your brain falls out." - Carl Sagan.

"I can explain it to you, but I can't understand it for you" - Edward I. Koch

Most likely removed it from the slots.

I am using an AMD HD 6850 so that is good, It was just when I saw the over double Est.Credit 

For the CPU, I removed it, I didn't want it used, These CPU's create too much heat.

There are 10 types of people in the world: Those who understand binary, and those who don't.

Just some helpful stuff: You're - You are, Your - Your car, They're - They are, Their - Their car, There - Over there.

So youre asking if you are seeing high PPD?

Base Credit: 6000

Est. Credit: 12279

That is what was weird to me,

Base Credit: 6000

Est. Credit: 12279

That is what was weird to me,

Oh thats normal, i think that is also counting the bonus credit you ll get if you complete the WU quickly, if you wait about a week on the same WU you ll see much lower PPD, to give you an idea i have the same WU, but my estimated credit is 26k

Hey there. You are looking mighty fine today, have my virtual cookie!  :ph34r:

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Oh thats normal, i think that is also counting the bonus credit you ll get if you complete the WU quickly, if you wait about a week on the same WU you ll see much lower PPD, to give you an idea i have the same WU, but my estimated credit is 26k

26k..... WTH man lol 

What card are you using ? 

I have a dead line of 6.5 days and I will be done in about 21 hours started late yesterday.

26k..... WTH man lol 

What card are you using ? 

I have a dead line of 6.5 days and I will be done in about 21 ours started late yesterday.

Ive a 680! it can complete these WU in around 7hours

MY RIG: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/34911-my-setup-gold-ghetto-gg-lots-of-pictures/#entry446883

Ive a 680! it can complete these WU in around 7hours

I wish I had the money to through at someone and buy a proper or dedicated folding rig.

Same! i want 4p folding rig like whaler lol

I would love to have one, Only thing is heat and will something like that make an impact on the hydro bill ?

I would love to have one, Only thing is heat and will something like that make an impact on the hydro bill ?

Yeah itll have an impact on the electricity bill! Even me just folding on a 680 will have an impact, it pulls around 200w i think ( i might be very wrong ) So imagine just have 3-4 light bulbs on all day

Yeah itll have an impact on the electricity bill! Even me just folding on a 680 will have an impact, it pulls around 200w i think ( i might be very wrong ) So imagine just have 3-4 light bulbs on all day

Well that sucks, then maybe when I get some real money then lol

My hydro bill for Folding is running me about $120 a month right now...

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Follow me on Twitter for updates @Whaler_99

My hydro bill for Folding is running me about $120 a month right now...

I don't know numbers for hydro, my parents take the bill lol

what would it be without the folding ?

Bill is normally around 200-250 a month - now I am breaking 400. :)

Forum Links - Community Standards, Privacy Policy, FAQ, Features Suggestions, Bug and Issues.

Folding/Boinc Info - Check out the Folding and Boinc Section, read the Folding Install thread and the Folding FAQ. Info on Boinc is here. Don't forget to join team 223518. Check out other users Folding Rigs for ideas. Don't forget to follow the @LTTCompute for updates and other random posts about the various teams.

Bill is normally around 200-250 a month - now I am breaking 400. :)

....Damn.... I wanted 4P and 4GPU folding rigs but I am a little deterred now to be honest lol 

Yes - donating the cycles from a system or two lying around won't have a huge impact on your power bill. A dedicated Folder or two that can put up some serious numbers, ya, that can get bit pricey. But, I really enjoy it, so the 100 bucks a month or so is just the "cost" for my hobby...

Yes - donating the cycles from a system or two lying around won't have a huge impact on your power bill. A dedicated Folder or two that can put up some serious numbers, ya, that can get bit pricey. But, I really enjoy it, so the 100 bucks a month or so is just the "cost" for my hobby...

If I build a new PC then throw my 6850 in there can I make it fold on just the 6850 and not anything else ? I think I can, that would be a more desirable route for me, maybe make this thing CPU fold even though it would take FOREVER 

That is correct - you just delete the slot for your primary GPU and just leave then one for your 6850...

That is correct - you just delete the slot for your primary GPU and just leave then one for your 6850...

That is good, Only thing is, I don't know when I am getting a new PC I need a minimum of $2500CAD ... I like good hardware lol