Game Livestreaming

SKOONJar

Get youtube channel going and make some videos from you'r streams. Pick some game with either lots of players or just little fan base. Either one can be boost even if you play some less interesting. Problem with high popularity games like SC2, LoL and Dota2 is that they also got really many popular casters that are on-air all the time. Good thing in those games is also that you can get your stream highlighted to their fan websites (Team Liquid, joinDOTA). With some less popular game like WoT or iRacing.com you can attract players who want to see game before starting to play or want to get tips to improve.

I prefer streams with commentary. It can be for viewers or just talking with friends who are playing same game. Use either good english or english with really funny accent (FirstFrag etc. named site has caster with indian accent and he's insanely popular when tournaments are on). 

In regards to commentary I am just not ready for that.  I haven't even talked while recording games offline.  I also have not used much picture, video or audio editing software in my lifetime and I am going to need to learn more by using various programs but also getting help from my family who are more experienced with these sort of things.  I definitely would love to move to a higher production value eventually but I want to learn to do it all myself so it is going to take some time.

Too many ****ing games!  Back log 4 life! :S

@DeViLzzz, for me commentating while playing is only reason to keep watching non-tournament streams. Or just playing type of streams. Do it as you feel comfortable. Maybe I surf into your channel some night.

^^^^ That's my post ^^^^
<-- This is me --- That's your scrollbar -->
vvvv Who's there? vvvv

In regards to commentary I am just not ready for that.  I haven't even talked while recording games offline.  I also have not used much picture, video or audio editing software in my lifetime and I am going to need to learn more by using various programs but also getting help from my family who are more experienced with these sort of things.  I definitely would love to move to a higher production value eventually but I want to learn to do it all myself so it is going to take some time.

You might as well do lets plays on youtube because its really no difference plus you would get more exposure. If your not going to commentate theres no difference whether your doing it live or not plus with youtube you get exposure over time. 

PC Specs: CPU: Intel i7 4770K / CPU COOLER: Corsair H100i / Storage: Samsung 840 EVO 120Gig and Seagate Barracuda 1Tb / Motherboard: MSI Z97 Gaming-7 / GPU: EVGA GTX 780 SC ACX / Power Supply: SeaSonic M12II 850watt / Case: Corsair 750D 680 Coaster

@DeViLzzz, for me commentating while playing is only reason to keep watching non-tournament streams. Or just playing type of streams. Do it as you feel comfortable. Maybe I surf into your channel some night.

I agree with you man.

Even though i like to watch less popular streams, i do like it when people are actually talking/communicating with me.

If the person doesn't have a mic, and has to type in the chat the whole time, i usually just leave.

There's no fun in watching twitch streams without the communication with the streamer.

That's i think the essense of twitch as opposed to e.g. Youtube.

CPU:

Intel Core i5 2500k - Motherboard: Asus maximus iv gene-z - RAM: 2x Corsair Vengeance Blue 4GB DDR3-1600 CL9 - GPU: ASUS GTX 770 DirectCU II
Case: Coolermaster Centurion 5 II - Storage: Crucial M4 128GB, Seagate barracuda 3TB PSU: XFX 650W XXX Edition Modular PSU - Keyboard: Ducky Shine 2 Pro
Mouse: Razer Deathadder 2013 - Sound: Razer Characias

SKOONJar, on 16 Jul 2013 - 02:43 AM, said:

You might as well do lets plays on youtube because its really no difference plus you would get more exposure. If your not going to commentate theres no difference whether your doing it live or not plus with youtube you get exposure over time.

I have to like what I am doing so Twitch > Youtube for me whether people think I am doing it right or not. I am there for me first and others second. As for exposure eh well while I would like to see people enjoy what I do and would like people to watch but I am not going to make money off this no matter how many people show up. Heck my XSplit Broadcaster I pay for doesn't let me make money off ads/viewers as I didn't pick the most expensive package. I really am not concerned about exposure and more concerned about having a quality looking feed and Twitch page. I also want to learn more about editing video, audio and photos and am hoping to find affordable or free software that can help me. I guess if I learn more I would be able to put together quality Youtube vids easier but for now a live feed is much easier to do with Xsplit Broadcaster.

I agree with you man.

Even though i like to watch less popular streams, i do like it when people are actually talking/communicating with me.

If the person doesn't have a mic, and has to type in the chat the whole time, i usually just leave.

There's no fun in watching twitch streams without the communication with the streamer.

That's i think the essense of twitch as opposed to e.g. Youtube.

I have had many feeds where I have enjoyed a feed even with little or no communication from the broadcaster as it is sometimes better watching that than dealing with some of the obnoxious personalities on there.  I have met many that I could not stand and had to leave their feeds less than 3 minutes or so in.  I have also met many two faced people on there that I just don't want to hear anymore.