WD Green vs WD Purple for gameplay recording?

Corruption

I want a 1tb HDD for screen recording and since it doesn't need to be high performance or extremely reliable or in a raid array I decided between green and purple. Recording my gameplay isn't for YouTube as much as its for in case something happens and I want it recorded. But I'm not completely forgetring YouTube as I may start one later on. If you need more details don't hesitate to ask. My current configuration is a WD blue 1tb with my games and a Samsung evo 850 for software and the operating system.

Taking Falling to whole new Heights

This calls for @Captain_WD

Anyway, from personal experience and from my knowledge, go for WD Blue, Black or green drives for this sorta stuff. Captain_WD would surely be able to help you though :)

NCASE M1 i5-9600k  GTX 1080 FE Z370N-WIFI SF600 NH-U9S LPX 32GB 960EVO

I'm a self-identifying Corsair Nvidia Fanboy; Get over it.

To be honest, it doesn't matter, there aren't any catastrophically bad drives and they all are sufficient for most uses.

If you need a drive that can have contant high write speeds, Greens do well enough. Or go and get a Seagate drive.

Comb it with a brick

The green series are just for storing things. They are not for constant use.

The purple series are optimized for video surveillance and are not recommended for other type of data storage. The problem is that the firmware is modified in a way to accept larger number of errors in the name of the goal for consistent speeds. What that means is if you store normal stuff on such drive you can get files corrupted silently.

So listen to SWAGGA and get blue or black. Also you can get red one - they are for NAS but can be used as normal drives too.

Btw if you think of making a raid get the red series. They are optimized for that. :)

ASRock Z97 PRO 4| i7-4790К@4600MHz/1.26V| Noctua NH-D14| 16GB ADATA@1800Mhz| Gigabyte GTX 660 WF OC| Samsung 840 Pro 128GB; Samsung 860 Pro 256GB; Samsung 860 EVO 500GB| Seasonic SS-650KM3 Gold| CM Storm QuickFire Ultimate| Mionix Naos 7000|