Driver Failed to Respond but has Recovered

Hey guys,

The other day when I was playing Battlefield 3, I received an error pop up again - Driver Failed to Respond but has Recovered, and the screen froze and BF3 crashed, and just today I received an error similar to the previous one stating: Application has been blocked from accessing graphics card hardware and thus freezing and crashing the game. This error seems to occur on any game, and even sometimes when i'm merely browsing YouTube. It mustn't be my Graphics Card because I only just bought it a few days ago, and this error has been happening for awhile now... 

I really need help! I did some research and apparently it can be caused by the MB or faulty RAM. Could you guys possibly give me your suggestions and any solutions to this error please?

Thanks in advance,

John

P.S. I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing my graphics drivers and as well as re-installing all of Windows 8.1.

try uninstalling raptr, that shit caused me blue screens.

try uninstalling raptr, that shit caused me blue screens.

Raptr is a piece of crap.

Could you give us a list of Hardware specs? It might help. I have encountered this problem when:

• A program takes up all usable VRAM from the system to run properly.
  • Heavy GPU rendering of 3D scenes that cause the GPU to not respond in less than 2 seconds.
  • Crappy drivers.

It could be many things that cause your GPU driver to not be able to respond to your CPU. I also don't think this has anything to do with your Motherboard or Ram...

Spoiler

CPU: AMD R7 5800X | CPU Cooler: Corsair H115i PRO | Motherboard: MSI B550-A PRO | Memory: G.Skill RIPJAWS V DDR4 3200mhz 64GB | GPU: EVGA RTX 3080Ti FTW3 Ultra | PSU: Seasonic Prime 1300w | OS Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 500GB | Games Drive: Samsung 850 EVO SSD 1TB | Media Drive: 2x WD Blue HDD 1TB in Raid 0 | Media Drive: 2x WD Black HDD 2TB in Raid 1 | Case: Corsair Obsidian 750D | Monitor 1: ASUS PB287Q UHD | Monitor 2: ASUS PG278Q WQHD

T

Hey guys,

The other day when I was playing Battlefield 3, I received an error pop up again - Driver Failed to Respond but has Recovered, and the screen froze and BF3 crashed, and just today I received an error similar to the previous one stating: Application has been blocked from accessing graphics card hardware and thus freezing and crashing the game. This error seems to occur on any game, and even sometimes when i'm merely browsing YouTube. It mustn't be my Graphics Card because I only just bought it a few days ago, and this error has been happening for awhile now... 

I really need help! I did some research and apparently it can be caused by the MB or faulty RAM. Could you guys possibly give me your suggestions and any solutions to this error please?

Thanks in advance,

John

P.S. I have already tried uninstalling and re-installing my graphics drivers and as well as re-installing all of Windows 8.1.

That happened to me everytime I overclocked my GTX 750. it would crash and I would get the driver notification. is your card overclocked at all? oh, sorry didn't see that it was happening before. it may possibly be a driver issue

Main PC: ASUS PRIME X299-A / Core i7 7820X / 16GB DDR4 / Palit GTX 1070 Ti / Corsair CX550F / Corsair Carbide Air 540

Secondary PC: ASUS X99-A / Core i7 5820K / 16GB DDR4 / EVGA GTX 780 ti Classified / Corsair CX500M / Fractal Define S

Could you give us a list of Hardware specs? It might help. I have encountered this problem when:

• A program takes up all usable VRAM from the system to run properly.
  • Heavy GPU rendering of 3D scenes that cause the GPU to not respond in less than 2 seconds.
  • Crappy drivers.

It could be many things that cause your GPU driver to not be able to respond to your CPU. I also don't think this has anything to do with your Motherboard or Ram...

Hardware Specs:

Cpu - AMD FX6300

Cpu Cooler - Cooler Master Hyper 212 EVO

MotherBoard - Asrock R2.0 Pro 3

Ram: G.Skill Ripjaws X Series (2 x 4gb) DDR3-1600 memory

GPU: Gigabyte R9 280x Windforce 3GB

HDD: Seagate 1TB

PSU: Corsair CX 600W 80+ Bronze Semi - Modular

Case: NZXT S340

My current driver version - 9.14.10.0.1080. Catalyst 15.4

P.S. I never have and never will overclock any of my system specs.