Do Cheap Mechanical Gaming Keyboards Exist?

BOTBALL

So I am recently looking around for a keyboard, as the one that I currently have is terrible. I am planning to spend $1000 on a new gaming rig that I am going to build soon, so I don't want to go overboard with a $150 mechanical keyboard or anything like that. I just want to know if there are any mechanical keyboards at there with a price range of around 40-60 USD?

Thanks. 

Current Rig: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3, ASRock H97 Pro4 ATX mobo, 8GB 1600 MHz G.Skill Ripjaws, GTX 970, Corsair 550W, Kingston 120GB SSD & WD Black 1TB HDD, NZXT H440 Case.

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/rosewill-keyboard-rk6000

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/ducky-keyboard-dk1087nealb

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/thermaltake-keyboard-kbmek007us

Only the thermaltake has cherry mx, but all are O.K. mech keyboards.

Pick your poison. I prefer ducky keyboards, they have some good quality.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

You can find more expensive boards available as a refurb but there's no guarantee that you will find the one you are looking for. Newegg, Microcenter or even Ebay would be good places to look for used ones. I have a high end mechanical board that I bought and didn't like that I'm willing to sell you at a reasonable price. PM me if you're interested.

"The of and to a in is I that it for you was with on as have but be they"

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Tournament-Essential-Mechanical/dp/B00IG3GPC0/ref=pd_cp_pc_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=08N5QT9AKNFGG574ZJ32

That one's about $70, may not use cherry mx switches, but im sure its still decent quality. (Razer switches) (I've never used razer switches, nor do I own a mechanical keyboard, so I can't say if they are any good)

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

Personally, i recommend the Razer BlackWidow, you can find them at $70 and they are great. (The ones without a backlight are clickier)

Different PCPartPickers for different countries:

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

10 minutes ago, Stardar1 said:

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

http://www.amazon.com/Razer-BlackWidow-Tournament-Essential-Mechanical/dp/B00IG3GPC0/ref=pd_cp_pc_4?ie=UTF8&refRID=08N5QT9AKNFGG574ZJ32

That one's about $70, may not use cherry mx switches, but im sure its still decent quality. (Razer switches)

Prepair for all the hate for saying that Razer switches are decent quality.

I prefer them over any other switches i've tried, so you'll get no hate from me, but other's don't share my opinion.

Updated 2021 Desktop || 3700x || Asus x570 Tuf Gaming || 32gb Predator 3200mhz || 2080s XC Ultra || MSI 1440p144hz || DT990 + HD660 || GoXLR + ifi Zen Can || Avermedia Livestreamer 513 ||

New Home Dedicated Game Server || Xeon E5 2630Lv3 || 16gb 2333mhz ddr4 ECC || 2tb Sata SSD || 8tb Nas HDD || Radeon 6450 1g display adapter ||

So I am recently looking around for a keyboard, as the one that I currently have is terrible. I am planning to spend $1000 on a new gaming rig that I am going to build soon, so I don't want to go overboard with a $150 mechanical keyboard or anything like that. I just want to know if there are any mechanical keyboards at there with a price range of around 40-60 USD?

Thanks. 

50 to 60 dollars i think ur looking at a zalman mechanical board, uses kalih switches

CPU-i5 4690k 4.4ghz @ 1.190V, MOBO-MSI z97 gaming 3, Cooler-hyper 212 evo, GPU- r9 290x asus directcuII (-37Mv), Storage-120gb v300(switching soon), 1tb caviar blue, CASE-Red/black h440, PSU-Antec TPC 650.

I don't know US prices for the CM Storm Quickfire TK, but where i'm from it's one of the cheaper keyboards.

IMO it has a really good build quality, but please note the combined function keys and numpad. Some people can't stand it, i actually like it a little.

It also uses Cherry MX switches (Blue, brown and red are available to me)

http://pcpartpicker.com/part/cooler-master-keyboard-sgk4020gkcm3us

When in doubt: C4

Personally, i recommend the Razer BlackWidow, you can find them at $70 and they are great. (The ones without a backlight are clickier)

Thanks. lol. Everyone wants that magical click. 

Current Rig: Intel Xeon E3-1231 V3, ASRock H97 Pro4 ATX mobo, 8GB 1600 MHz G.Skill Ripjaws, GTX 970, Corsair 550W, Kingston 120GB SSD & WD Black 1TB HDD, NZXT H440 Case.

That one's about $70, may not use cherry mx switches, but im sure its still decent quality. (Razer switches) (I've never used razer switches, nor do I own a mechanical keyboard, so I can't say if they are any good)

Oops, meant to click edit not quote xD

Specs: CPU - Intel i7 8700K @ 5GHz | GPU - Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Motherboard - ASUS Strix Z370-G WIFI AC | RAM - XPG Gammix DDR4-3000MHz 32GB (2x16GB) | Main Drive - Samsung 850 Evo 500GB M.2 | Other Drives - 7TB/3 Drives | CPU Cooler - Corsair H100i Pro | Case - Fractal Design Define C Mini TG | Power Supply - EVGA G3 850W

No. I find the clicking extremely annoying lol.

The cm quickfire tk is more expensive but every review I've seen says its great as far as build quality goes.

Just remember, if you plan to record your gameplay or even skype or use TeamSpeak, its a loud click, and that can get irritating. 

UK-----Italy----Canada-----Spain-----Germany-----Austrailia-----New Zealand-----'Murica-----France-----India

Well, with an i7, GTX 1080, Full tower and flashy lights, it can obviously only be for one thing:

Solitaire. 

Just remember, if you plan to record your gameplay or even skype or use TeamSpeak, its a loud click, and that can get irritating. 

I understand that some people do not find the sound of a clicking mechanical keyboard to be pleasing when listening to a stream or a Youtube video or something, but I never minded it. I have definitely taken that into consideration, but I won't do much streaming and recording, even though I do do some. 

Plus, I can just edit out the sound of the keyboard if I need to. 

I understand that some people do not find the sound of a clicking mechanical keyboard to be pleasing when listening to a stream or a Youtube video or something, but I never minded it. I have definitely taken that into consideration, but I won't do much streaming and recording, even though I do do some. 

If you can find it cheap then i highly recommend it.

Solitaire.