Need help with programming work

MrSufyaan

can somebody give me a simple easy to understand explanation of single stepping and watches(quick watch) in Visual Studio (C#).

The assignment I'm doing asks me to provide a written description and explain how each can assist in finding or fixing errors.

I also need to show evidence I used them when writing my code, which I didn't because I have no idea what they do.

Thanks in advance!

These are debugging operations.

A debugger allows you to follow along in the source code while your program executes. "Stepping" refers to advancing by one line of executable code. Stepping usually is expected to step "into" function, meaning that if the next line is a function you will be taken to the source code of that function.

A watch allows you to monitor the value of a variable in the current scope. With some debuggers you can specify logic that fire when the variable changes.

These are debugging operations.

A debugger allows you to follow along in the source code while your program executes. "Stepping" refers to advancing by one line of executable code. Stepping usually is expected to step "into" function, meaning that if the next line is a function you will be taken to the source code of that function.

A watch allows you to monitor the value of a variable in the current scope. With some debuggers you can specify logic that fire when the variable changes.

I have an idea as to how stepping works but the "watch" confuses the hell outa me :/

I have an idea as to how stepping works but the "watch" confuses the hell outa me :/

It just allows you to see the value of a variable or expression. Like if you were to print the variable, it gives you the same kind of information.