memory combatibility

jamesfindlay3

do you guys think i should go with a bigger heatsink with low profile ram for an overclocked i7 4790k or a smaller heatsink with higher profile ram, does it matter?

Thank you!

Bigger, cooler.

Ram heatsink size/height doesn't matter, so just go low, and big CPU heatsink

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

Bigger, cooler.

Ram heatsink size/height doesn't matter, so just go low, and big CPU heatsink

yeah heatspreaders on ram do not matter as much as your cpu cooler does

On 11/19/2014 at 2:14 PM, Syntaxvgm said:
You would think Ubisoft would support the Bulldozer based architectures more given their digging themed names like bulldozer, Piledriver, Steamroller and Excavator.

So how does low profile corsair vengeance ram plus a large cryorig h5 sound?

CPU: http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=9SIA4UF1W87430

RAM:http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820233327(I will be buying 2 of these kits)

Sounds like a good idea :)

Make sure the cpu cooler doesn't conflict with anything else on the motherboard you want, though, like mosfet heatsinks and the like.

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

Sounds like a good idea :)

Make sure the cpu cooler doesn't conflict with anything else on the motherboard you want, though, like mosfet heatsinks and the like.

Will it interfere with anything on this board? I think if i have the fan over the ram it should be ok but what do you think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132412

Will it interfere with anything on this board? I think if i have the fan over the ram it should be ok but what do you think?

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16813132412

Oooh, ah, that heatsink above the socket... it *might* be ok, but I would advise you to try looking up pictures and videos of people building systems with that exact motherboard to get a better feel for whether there'll be room.

-·- BitFenix Prodigy M (Arctic White) -·- Asus Maximus VII Gene -·- Intel Core i7-4790K -·- Corsair H100i -·- G.Skill Trident X 2133MHz CL9 32GB (4x8GB) -·- Sparkle Calibre GTX580 -·- Samsung 500GB 850 Evo SSD -·- WD Caviar Green 4TB -·- Cooler Master V700 -·- LG 25UM55 21:9 2560x1080 25" -·- Logitech G600 -·-

Oooh, ah, that heatsink above the socket... it *might* be ok, but I would advise you to try looking up pictures and videos of people building systems with that exact motherboard to get a better feel for whether there'll be room.

Thank you very much I will you have been  great help! 

Thank you very much I will you have been  great help! 

FWIW you should have no clearance issues with that board. The big honking Noctua and Phanteks multi towers *might* have some issues, but anything smaller than those and you'll be fine.

1. Overclock until the magic smoke comes out. 2. Modify until broken. 3. Fix and repeat.

4670k - 16GB - 290X - 1440p Freesync