Can somebody help me about HDD :)? ASAP pls

doubllejump

6TarxHw.png

can somebody tell me whats wrong with my HDD and is there anyway to fix it i had to reinstal windows cause of PC kept restarting on its own today i reinstaled it and its slow af everything is buggy and idk what to do please help ASAP

can somebody tell me whats wrong with my HDD and is there anyway to fix it i had to reinstal windows cause of PC kept restarting on its own today i reinstaled it and its slow af everything is buggy and idk what to do please help ASAP

Dude, sorry to say but that HDD is dyeing so backup your stuff and but a new one

there's no way to fix those error's sorry

how olds the drive

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

- snip -

Well, sectors are dying, and they seem to be continuing to die. 

$50 will get you another drive. 

Also, was this your boot drive?

Edited by alpenwasser
removed quote :)

5800X3D - RTX 4070 - 2K @ 165Hz

Backup your info then run the following: chkdsk C: /R 

It should ask you to reboot your system to attempt to fix.

Wait.

you already re-installed... assuming a re-format of your C: and D: then yes, get a new HDD, and start transferring.

~snip~

Hey doubllejump,

The S.M.A.R.T. status indicates that you have bad sectors on your WD Green. @nikolajzombie1 and the others are correct. I would also advise you to back up your data and consider a replacement. I would suggest running WD Data Lifeguard Diagnostic tool to verify the results that this software shows and consider going for a RMA procedure if the drive is still under warranty after backing up your data. Here's a link to the diagnostic tool: http://products.wdc.com/support/kb.ashx?id=qVtlg8

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/ 

Okay so there is no way to save this drive even for sometime i would like to extend its life as much as i can even if its 20 days :) @Captian_WD

you shouldn't trust a drive thats on its way out

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Okay so there is no way to save this drive even for sometime i would like to extend its life as much as i can even if its 20 days :) @Captian_WD

If these are physical bad sectors (scratches on the platter or something else) there is nothing you can do about it. You can run chkdsk /r from the CMD in order to isolate them, but more will eventually appear and nobody can say if and when the drive will fail. 
the the bad sectors are logical/software ones, a low level format or a "writing zeros" action should fix them. Do have in mind that this erases everything from the drive.

Either way I would strongly recommend that you create a backup of everything that you want to keep from the drive ASAP.

Captain_WD.

If this helped you, like and choose it as best answer - you might help someone else with the same issue. ^_^
WDC Representative, http://www.wdc.com/