Zalman Z11 HF1

ThatGuysProject

So i just installed my new system into this case and i have to say i actually disappointed in the case, the first reason is because the side panels do not seem to fit properly, as in the bottom vent will fit but the top part of the panel noticeably dips into the front panel which is fine if the computer is on the floor but most people would want to see their build through the panel and so would have it on their desk, the second thing is that the top is nearly impossible to get off even when there is only stock fans in the case this makes new fan and or radiator installation very hard to do which does make me a little bit angry, the third thing which is not actually a big issue is that some of the detail in the manual is heavily dependent on what part you have for example you can put a hard drive or ssd in a sled that goes where a bay resivoure or opticlal drive could go will not fit unless the holes are in the right place and the last things that annoy me is that long power supply units will block off access to mount a fan in the bottom of the case as well a place to mount a tube/pump combo which is included in EK's L120, 240 and 360 Kits.

With all that in mind are there any solutions to these issues i mean they got the panel on the first time and looked good so why can't i and also space issues on the bottom could be fixed or why not resigned the case and make a Z12 which could be slightly longer with a redesigned side panel installation mounts.

post-4633-0-50439800-1430233653.jpgpost-4633-0-10268900-1430233648.jpg

There are a few good sides with this case, it supports large graphics cards, hard drive and optical drive are easy to install when you figure it out, it can support a large amount of fans with 5 pre installed fans, 3 molex connected and 2 x 3 pin fans and it truly is a very nice looking case and great for aesthetics when you can figure out how to get the side panels in correctly and it can support 2 way sli with normal profile brackets however powering these cards may be an issue if you have to use a long power supply (i use a corsair 750w) and it means the bottom fan mount cannot be used. Some more good things include 2 usb 2.o ports and 2 usb 3.0 ports.