H110 Fan Upgrade?

I don't get corsair link....

then link your custom fan profiles to rad temps, and set them to ramp up after 60 degrees.

There's no reason for those fans to be loud unless they need to be to save your system from overheating.

Whoops I re looked at the stats and they aren't too bad all thought they are air series and other fans are better

honestly my biggest problem with corsair products was there feedback chewing up usb 2.0 headers. when I fixed that it ceased to be an issue. the in program profiles are fine, I just wish there was a way to adjust the pump speed.

Whoops I re looked at the stats and they aren't too bad all thought they are air series and other fans are better

sp....static pressure. Those quiet fans are static pressure optimised. Not a great fan of the corsairs, but as long as they do the job. I'm a little hesitant to pay extra money on them though.

then link your custom fan profiles to rad temps, and set them to ramp up after 60 degrees.

There's no reason for those fans to be loud unless they need to be to save your system from overheating.

I'm overclocking so I need quieter fans.

Just "changing the fan curve" is a method I already tried which is why I want new fans.

Yeah, 24dBA or something like that. However the RPM is only 1,150RPM ~ Could get better/same sound with higher RPM I guess

CPU: i5 4670k @ 3.4GHz + Corsair H100i      GPU: Gigabyte GTX 680 SOC (+215 Core|+162 Mem)     SSD: Kingston V300 240GB (OS)      Headset: Logitech G930 

Case: Cosair Vengance C70 (white)                RAM: 16GB TeamGroup Elite Black DDR3 1600MHz       HDD: 1TB WD Blue                              Mouse: Logitech G602

OS: Windows 7 Home Premium                       PSUXFX Core Edition 750w                                                Motherboard: MSI Z97-G45               Keyboard: Logitech G510

No they are AF140s he linked. SP140s are too loud.

yeah, sorry he linked the AF's. and quoted the SP's. My pick would always be the noctua industrials,

I do run stock corsairs on my h100i. at 4.5GHz I do push 40 degrees on a silent profile...I can live with it. under load it will go up to 80 degrees unless I run the performance, in which case the fans do get noisy, and I just have to live with them. Those are the standard corsair SP's though.-

yeah, sorry he linked the AF's. and quoted the SP's. My pick would always be the noctua industrials,

I do run stock corsairs on my h100i. at 4.5GHz I do push 40 degrees on a silent profile...I can live with it. under load it will go up to 80 degrees unless I run the performance, in which case the fans do get noisy, and I just have to live with them. Those are the standard corsair SP's though.-

I do not want to go anywhere near Corsair fans tbh as they really aren't the best for the money, they're more for asthstetics.

I do not want to go anywhere near Corsair fans tbh as they really aren't the best for the money, they're more for asthstetics.

you're right. Honestly they suck for the money. but unless we buy aftermarket fans we're stuck. You've reached the stage were the stock fans aren't cutting it. and this is why you're asking. Noctua industrials are the best. Most of the noise is from the shear amount of air they push, and they are adjustable to silly type speeds. At minimum they probably push as much air as the SP120s. they're just spinning 400rpm less. adjust as needed.

you're right. Honestly they suck for the money. but unless we buy aftermarket fans we're stuck. You've reached the stage were the stock fans aren't cutting it. and this is why you're asking. Noctua industrials are the best. Most of the noise is from the shear amount of air they push, and they are adjustable to silly type speeds. At minimum they probably push as much air as the SP120s. they're just spinning 400rpm less. adjust as needed.

I feel like Akasa Vipers or Noctua P14s would do my required job a lot better..

I feel like Akasa Vipers or Noctua P14s would do my required job a lot better..

then pick up what you feel is better. I've got several different reasons for prefering the industrials over the standard noctuas, most of which revolve around the fact I run my PC 24/7. I feel they are a better fan, and for me they're worth the price difference.For you they might not be.

then pick up what you feel is better. I've got several different reasons for prefering the industrials over the standard noctuas, most of which revolve around the fact I run my PC 24/7. I feel they are a better fan, and for me they're worth the price difference.For you they might not be.

I completely understand where you're coming from :)

Which do you think would be better?

Noctua ones are a bit quieter while akasa is slightly louder but does get 3.14 SP at 12v :o

I completely understand where you're coming from :)

Which do you think would be better?

Noctua ones are a bit quieter while akasa is slightly louder but does get 3.14 SP at 12v :o

Akasa might push more air at max, but noctua will push more air while spinning slower. You might notice the temp difference at max RPM (I'd guess a couple of degrees) but you'll definately notice the noise difference at idle, and less than full overclock.

Akasa might push more air at max, but noctua will push more air while spinning slower. You might notice the temp difference at max RPM (I'd guess a couple of degrees) but you'll definately notice the noise difference at idle, and less than full overclock.

So you're saying Noctua if I want an overall  better quieter experience?

So you're saying Noctua if I want an overall  better quieter experience?

I'd reccomend them, but I'm also looking at the ip67 when I upgrade. The youtube videos aren't really a good guide for noise difference. I'd trust noctua in the long run for quieter performance. I'd expect the akasa not only to be a bit nosier in less than optimal conditions, but to get noisier the longer it's in use.

I'd reccomend them, but I'm also looking at the ip67 when I upgrade. The youtube videos aren't really a good guide for noise difference. I'd trust noctua in the long run for quieter performance. I'd expect the akasa not only to be a bit nosier in less than optimal conditions, but to get noisier the longer it's in use.

okay thanks :D

Too bad they're grey.

I may investigate modding them to black.

okay thanks :D

Too bad they're grey.

I may investigate modding them to black.

you're looking at the redux.

The industrials are black, with poop brown antivibration mounts (thankfully removable)

you're looking at the redux.

The industrials are black, with poop brown antivibration mounts (thankfully removable)

I know :P

I was talking about Akasa Vipers vs Noctua P14s 1200RPM PWM