Case and psu suggestions

Joshua A.

i have a sapphire vapor tri x r9 280x. but then it has a psu recommendation of 750 watt psu. but then i use the cm psu calculator and it says that only 515watt is needed. what watt of psu i will buy?

and about my casing i am planning to buy a h440 case but then i dont think my gpu will fit in that case.

thanks and sorry for my bad english. Haha

Personally I would go with at least a 750w , when you make a PSU work hard they tend to burn a bit more power. The card won't fit unless you remove the harddrive cages. 

Go with a 750w PSU so that if you ever want XFire or some overclock, there will be plenty of headroom for you to do that.

Heres one: http://au.pcpartpicker.com/part/evga-power-supply-220g20750xr

Go with the H440. It's a great case. The Phanteks Enthoo Pro is also great if you don't want to spend as much.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I watched a video of Linus yesterday where he ran 4x gtx 980 on a 750 so you should be OK with that.

If you're talking about the NZXT h440 then buy it. Seriously. I bought it a week ago and damn I love that chassi. I have a evga gtx 980 in there and I have a couple of CM over and it's a fairly big card.
The chassi is very easy to install and run cable management.

i have a sapphire vapor tri x r9 280x. but then it has a psu recommendation of 750 watt psu. but then i use the cm psu calculator and it says that only 515watt is needed. what watt of psu i will buy?

and about my casing i am planning to buy a h440 case but then i dont think my gpu will fit in that case.

thanks and sorry for my bad english. Haha

500-550w.

That's all you need.

750-850w if you plan on crossfire

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."

A good quality 550-600W is perfectly fine for a single 280X. You don't need a 750W.

Depending on your budget and location there are many many different options, so if you can provide us with those two then we can give you an idea of what is good to buy

"Rawr XD"