my first gaming pc

BigSalisbury

before i list my components yes i know this is probably a terrible rig but i was given it by a friend of mine who has just built himself a new one and i wanted to get into pc gaming over console and thought its better than nothing.

My rig:

Zalman Z11 atx mid tower case

intel core i3-2105

gigabyte z68a-d3h-b3 motherboard

8gb ddr3 ram

2 x EVGA GTX 550Ti running SLi

1tb samsung 7200rpm hdd

evo labs 750w atx switching psu

anyone got any ideas on how i can improve it for not a huge amount of money for now? currently saving around 600-700 gbp to build a new desktop from scratch but just wondering if theres anything i can do to improve this for now. playing mainly dying light, fifa, battlefield and quake live.

thanks in advanced

post-225121-0-71060200-1430174849_thumb.

post-225121-0-42637800-1430174852_thumb.

post-225121-0-68040600-1430174855_thumb.

1st of all, do some cable management

You know that guy that games on a MacBook? I'm that guy.

before i list my components yes i know this is probably a terrible rig but i was given it by a friend of mine who has just built himself a new one and i wanted to get into pc gaming over console and thought its better than nothing.

My rig:

Zalman Z11 atx mid tower case

intel core i3-2105

gigabyte z68a-d3h-b3 motherboard

8gb ddr3 ram

2 x EVGA GTX 550Ti running SLi

1tb samsung 7200rpm hdd

evo labs 750w atx switching psu

anyone got any ideas on how i can improve it for not a huge amount of money for now? currently saving around 600-700 gbp to build a new desktop from scratch but just wondering if theres anything i can do to improve this for now. playing mainly dying light, fifa, battlefield and quake live.

thanks in advanced

with that budget you might as well make a new desktop, your processor is a bit weak and the chipset is dated so there is no point in getting a new processor for the same motherboard. The graphics are also a bit dated. I can make a pcpartpicker build for you if you want.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

with that budget you might as well make a new desktop, your processor is a bit weak and the chipset is dated so there is no point in getting a new processor for the same motherboard. The graphics are also a bit dated. I can make a pcpartpicker build for you if you want.

sorry thats what i meant didnt make it too clear. the budget im saving is for an entirely new build, i was just wondering if theres anything i can do right now fairly cheap to improve or just leave it as it is.still runs the games i play pretty well tbh it does get pretty noisy though. just want a nice shiny new desktop tbh lol

sorry thats what i meant didnt make it too clear. the budget im saving is for an entirely new build, i was just wondering if theres anything i can do right now fairly cheap to improve or just leave it as it is.still runs the games i play pretty well tbh it does get pretty noisy though. just want a nice shiny new desktop tbh lol

Then there isn't really anything you can do, the cpu won't really make a difference if you upgrade it and if you plan on getting a new gpu, you might as well get a new system.

Spoiler

CPU intel potato2 | Motherboard xpotato69 | RAM DDRPotato | GPU potato 6969 Ti | Case potato curbiide | Storage WD potato GB grey | PSU lakesonic 69 potato Watts | Display(s)69" 0.5K potato 69*69 | Cooling 4 heatpipe fried potato | Keyboard 69 key potato switches | Mouse yukon gold potato | Sound 6.9 surround potato | Operating System OS69 potato

CPU I7 5700HQ |  RAM 8gb DDR3 | GPU GTX 960M | Storage 1 TB HGST HDD | Display 15.6" 1080p IPS panel | Keyboard Steelseries RGB | Operating System Windows 10

CPU R7 3800x |  RAM 32 GB 3200MHZ DDR4| GPU RX 5700XT Ref. | Storage 1TB m.2 NVME, 2x 500GB SSD, 4TB and 750gb hdd | Display LG 32GK850F-BKeyboard Aorus K7 with reds | PSU Corsair RM750X | Case Corsair 275R | Operating System Windows 10

Yes another z11 case! I have one aswell. I would suggest you tuck away some of your cords in the back. Due to a lack of room in the back you will struggle a bit. Also, if you find that the case is a bit too loud you can unplug the side fans, they dont really no much except cause noise.

[Case Mod] Operation: The Division --- > Here

[CUSTOM WATER COOLED TABLE] Project: Ravage ---> Here

-== QUOTE ME IN YOUR REPLY IF YOU WANT ME TO RESPOND ==-

My eyes HURTS after looking at your cable management... 

Magical Pineapples

1st of all, do some cable management

Oh dear lord yes please do this. I thought mine was awful.

CPU: Ryzen 5 5600 Motherboard: MSI B550 Tomahawk RAM: 32Gb DDR4  GPU(s): MSI 6800-XT Case: NZXT H440 Storage: 4x 250gb SSD + 2TB HDD PSU: Corsair RM850x with CableMod Displays: 1 x Asus ROG Swift And 3 x 24" 1080p Cooling: H100i Keyboard: Corsair K70 RGB Mouse: Corsair M65 RGB Sound: AKG 553 Operating System: Windows 10

Current PC: 

http://i.imgur.com/ubYSO3f.jpg          http://i.imgur.com/xhpDcqd.jpg

If any of you could actually read you'd of noticed that i didnt build this my friend did and gave me it and i havent got round to sorting out all of the cables. i did think that the side fans werent doing much because when i take the panel off you can barely feel the airflow coming from them.