How does one Simply remove everything from hard drive

Aytex
Go to solution Solved by othertomperson,

Reformat. Reinstall Windows 8.1 and choose the reformat option.

Edit: Or any other OS, doesn't have to be Windows 8.1

I want to cleanly remove every single program and OS from my Hard Drive and reinstall everything. Mainly because windows 8.1 has given me shit ton of issues. Is there a program or a way to do this?

I want to cleanly remove every single program and OS from my Hard Drive and reinstall everything. Mainly because windows 8.1 has given me shit ton of issues. Is there a program or a way to do this?

i think when you install windows it does it for you so just put in the windows disc and it should do it all for you.

you may have to click reformat or something 

Treat people how you want to be treated.

:)

So just put the disc in and install it and there should be a reformat option?

DBAN it literally goes in and changes every sector to a 0. It also checks to see if your hard drive is dying.

Reformatting just makes the information unreadable, but is it business stuff or personal. If its just personal just reformat.

When you boot from your windows disk click on custom install and it will ask you to select a disk partition, click on manage disk partition and simply delete both/all partitions then you will see only one disk partition which you can then select for your clean install. 

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

So just put the disc in and install it and there should be a reformat option?

You will be presented with a partition editor (you might have to press an "advanced" button). You want to delete all of the partitions that are already on the disk, and it will reformat the whole thing and install Windows to that. That will remove all of the data currently on the disk.

Is there a link to this!!!!!!

There is no reason to do this if you are doing a fresh install just follow my first post and you will have a clean disk and operating system.

There are 10 types of people in the world: those who understand binary numbers and those who don’t

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

There is no reason to do this if you are doing a fresh install just follow my first post and you will have a clean disk and operating syste,.

I want to check if my hard drive is dieing, ive had numerous problems on it (WD Black)

Is there a link to this!!!!!!

Um I don't have the link just search for it. I don't need the link anymore because I have it on a disk. It can be on a flash drive too.

I want to check if my hard drive is dieing, ive had numerous problems on it (WD Black)

well not so much dieing like that more like the sectors are dead. Like if your drive has lost information randomly.

windows will check for you on your first boot and will alert you if there are any problems. If you are having problems with your disk it will most likely be virus related.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

windows will check for you on your first boot and will alert you if there are any problems. If you are having problems with your disk it will most likely be virus related.

I had to uninstall norton and turn off windows defender because my hard drive will constantly be at 100% disc usage making everything slow and crashing

No it wont warn you it will just say your drive is smaller then it use to be.

like 1TB=1000GB

but it says the drive is only  800GB or something like that.

and yes i know that some drives are only 975GB and say they are 1TB

I had to uninstall norton and turn off windows defender because my hard drive will constantly be at 100% disc usage making everything slow and crashing

yeah it's probably a virus overloading your drive and Norton anti virus is a pile of crap I wouldn't advise using it.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

No it wont warn you it will just say your drive is smaller then it use to be.

like 1TB=1000GB

but it says the drive is only  800GB or something like that.

and yes i know that some drives are only 975GB and say they are 1TB

No it wont it does a full memory heath check and it's is far more likely to be accurate than any third party software. 

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

What do you recommend then Paid or not

I use Zone alarm it's very efficient and has both advanced firewall and anti virus. You can get the full version from pirate bay but there are very few seeders atm I just did a fresh install due to upgrading to SSD and it's stuck at 50% but I should get it downloaded by the end of the night so if you are having trouble getting it pm me and ill send it to you.

bulgara, oh nono

Multipass

if you think it is a virus i would suggest doing a scan of superantispyware found here this will remove a lot of asware and also viruses :http://www.superantispyware.com/

And after go to this thread and follow the instructions its just easier to link you to this thread, than me telling you to do the same thing lol http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/90213-malware-removal-guide/

EDIT: the scans and tools on the thread i linked will remove programs without permission, some are for severely infected computers, however it does not seem to bother you losing your data lol but i thought i would tell you anyway, because i do not think it is mentioned on the thread. 

When you do the Complete uninstall everything does it remove virusus too or do they stay there lurking in the 0101010's

if you do a fresh install this will remove everything and leave you with just the OS you installed, so in short yes it will remove all viruses as well.