Dealing with customer support nightmare; what should I do?

Hulk

So I bought a notebook from HP Online on the 13th of April and it came with a defective battery. Since then, I've been trying to get a replacement battery, but HP is outsourcing the replacement to a company called "Jabil" who are in turn giving it to another company called "Savex". It's been more than a week since I've got the thing, and despite escalating the case, HP itself doesn't seem to know what's happening, let alone Jabil.

Does anyone know what should I do? I'm feeling pretty bad for pretty much burning ~800$ for what's essentially a paperweight at this point. :(

So I bought a notebook from HP Online on the 13th of April and it came with a defective battery. Since then, I've been trying to get a replacement battery, but HP is outsourcing the replacement to a company called "Jabil" who are in turn giving it to another company called "Savex". It's been more than a week since I've got the thing, and despite escalating the case, HP itself doesn't seem to know what's happening, let alone Jabil.

Does anyone know what should I do? I'm feeling pretty bad for pretty much burning ~800$ for what's essentially a paperweight at this point. :(

All I can suggest is to explain your entire case to someone on the HP end (if you can) and see if you can get a superior to sort your problem out.

Sig under construction.

I would get a hold of HP directly. Ask for a supervisor and tell them what they are going to do for you. Never ask. Tell or Make. 

Just keep grinding at it. That's about all you can do.

I would get a hold of HP directly. Ask for a supervisor and tell them what they are going to do for you. Never ask. Tell or Make. 

This can work, just don't get "abusive" about it or they can hang up.

Ketchup is better than mustard.

GUI is better than Command Line Interface.

Dubs are better than subs

Smash.

you can still use it with power cable for the time being so it cant be that much of a paperweight.

i9 11900k - NH-D15S - ASUS Z-590-F - 64GB 2400Mhz - 1080ti SC - 970evo 1TB - 960evo 250GB - 850evo 250GB - WDblack 1TB - WDblue 3TB - HX850i - 27GN850-B - PB278Q - VX229 - HP P224 - HP P224 - HannsG HT231 - 450D                                                         

Yeah don't swear or get rude. Just be serious and explain to the supervisor what they are going to do. Don't be a defensive customer. Don't let them change your actions, change HPs. 

All I can suggest is to explain your entire case to someone on the HP end (if you can) and see if you can get a superior to sort your problem out.

I've already escalated it :( The guy said it's being prioritized and someone from the folks handling the replacement will contact me, but they haven't. I know about the rudeness bit, and quite frankly the reps have been nothing short of amazing- the problem is more in the system at this point since there are so many third parties involved that nobody knows who's doing what. Taking it out on the rep or manager who cannot change it won't be of much help; but I'll try speaking with a senior manager tomorrow

I've already escalated it :( The guy said it's being prioritized and someone from the folks handling the replacement will contact me, but they haven't.

Another trick that works: Bug them everyday until they do something. Whether is is an email, phone call etc. Just remind them everyday. They will want to get rid of you. 

you can still use it with power cable for the time being so it cant be that much of a paperweight.

But then it's no longer a laptop, is it? 

Smash.

HULLKKKK SMMAAASSSSHHHHHHH HPP!!!!!!!  :lol:

But then it's no longer a laptop, is it? 

HULLKKKK SMMAAASSSSHHHHHHH HPP!!!!!!!  :lol:

My company would never put you through this... But I don't sell laptops xD 

Call foreign support hotlines... in the example of apple it helps to direcly call the US-Support (okay okay, you could be in the US - so probably the UK-Support?)

sometimes foreign support-hotlines are much faster...

You are allowed to have animated avatars on LTT, but - try to have images like "userbars" in the signature - no chance...

Excels last cell is XFD1048576 and once was IV65536.

(if you want to have the most effective mousepad - use a colored matte floor tile)

Call foreign support hotlines... in the example of apple it helps to direcly call the US-Support (okay okay, you could be in the US - so probably the UK-Support?)

sometimes foreign support-hotlines are much faster...

India :) But that is a good idea; if by tomorrow evening nothing makes of it, I'll drop an email to the head of HPs customer support dept. (Assuming I can find that information), or send an email to their head office.

This is why you don't buy HP :P

This is why you don't buy HP :P

Yup, I'm regretting going with these guys. I wish I purchased it from Amazon instead :(