Random freeze

DrShiba
Go to solution Solved by Yuniks,

The same thing happened to me too, but it was only one time and it hasn't happened since.

Make sure you aren't running tons of applications at once. That usually makes your computer crash or want to freeze like that. Also try to defrag your drive if you can before your PC freezes(if it does). 

Other than defraging your hard drive, try running a maintenance program and see if there are any problems it detects. Good free maintenance programs are System Mechanic and Advanced System Care. Also, if you can, try upgrading your RAM. The 4GB you have might not be enough for the kind of PC you have. One of the first things that's a good idea upgrading is your RAM.

If none of that works, backup your hard drive and try reinstalling Windows or seek help from your friends or computer technician.

Hello,

I've had this problem for a few months now, and it feels like it's getting worse. Sometimes my PC freezes all of a sudden. After a minute or two, everything is fine again.

However, it froze two times tonight and my entire PC froze. Including the USB ports, yet the fans were spinning. The only way for me to reboot was using the power button. The temperatures aren't that high, too. Average of 45 degrees CPU/GPU on high load. So I'm guessing it's not because of overheating.

Now my question is: what causes this problem? Hope you guys can help me out on this one!

Thanks in advance,

DrShiba

what drive are you using?

whats its health?

NEW PC build: Blank Heaven   minimalist white and black PC     Old S340 build log "White Heaven"        The "LIGHTCANON" flashlight build log        Project AntiRoll (prototype)        Custom speaker project

Spoiler

Ryzen 3950X | AMD Vega Frontier Edition | ASUS X570 Pro WS | Corsair Vengeance LPX 64GB | NZXT H500 | Seasonic Prime Fanless TX-700 | Custom loop | Coolermaster SK630 White | Logitech MX Master 2S | Samsung 980 Pro 1TB + 970 Pro 512GB | Samsung 58" 4k TV | Scarlett 2i4 | 2x AT2020

I'm using a 256GB Crucial MX100 SSD. Purchased on 03-01-2015

The same thing happened to me too, but it was only one time and it hasn't happened since.

Make sure you aren't running tons of applications at once. That usually makes your computer crash or want to freeze like that. Also try to defrag your drive if you can before your PC freezes(if it does). 

Other than defraging your hard drive, try running a maintenance program and see if there are any problems it detects. Good free maintenance programs are System Mechanic and Advanced System Care. Also, if you can, try upgrading your RAM. The 4GB you have might not be enough for the kind of PC you have. One of the first things that's a good idea upgrading is your RAM.

If none of that works, backup your hard drive and try reinstalling Windows or seek help from your friends or computer technician.

PC: AMD Ryzen 5 1600 @ 3.8GHz | EVGA RTX 2060 SUPER | MSI B350 Gaming Pro Carbon | G.Skill Ripjaws V 16GB @ 3200MHz C14 | EVGA G3 650W

Laptop: 2023 Macbook Pro 16" - M2 Max | 64GB RAM | 1TB SSD