Should I buy an 800D before they are impossible to find new?

KarateHottie93

I've always wanted an 800D but it just cost way more than I was willing to spend on a case. Now they are getting harder to find new but usually go for around $200. Are there any functional reasons to use an 800D over my 750D?

Galax/Sapphire fanboy for life!

Hall Of Fame ♕ Owner's Club

Always supporting Lyoto "The Dragon" Machida!

No, not really. Stick with what you have :)

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

No, not really. Stick with what you have :)

This. The 800D is OLD

Aesthetics of rigs matter

If you're interested, participate in LTT Build Offs

I personally like the 750D WAY more than the 800D. Like I hate myself for buying a 760t over a 750d. That being said both are great cases and will be regarded as amazing cases for when they came out and be about similarly rare. I don't think either though will retain value like a tjo7 or similar. I don't think I have seen ANY mainstream cases that will hold their value the past 2 years.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

OP wants the D. ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°)

Shot through the heart and you're to blame, 30fps and i'll pirate your game - Bon Jovi

Take me down to the console city where the games are blurry and the frames are thirty - Guns N' Roses

Arguing with religious people is like explaining to your mother that online games can't be paused...

9b85c6a6b781c9649f05611794639a18.png Only if you really need the space. And i guess the PSU cover is cool too. 

Our Grace. The Feathered One. He shows us the way. His bob is majestic and shows us the path. Follow unto his guidance and His example. He knows the one true path. Our Saviour. Our Grace. Our Father Birb has taught us with His humble heart and gentle wing the way of the bob. Let us show Him our reverence and follow in His example. The True Path of the Feathered One. ~ Dimboble-dubabob III

I personally like the 750D WAY more than the 800D. Like I hate myself for buying a 760t over a 750d. That being said both are great cases and will be regarded as amazing cases for when they came out and be about similarly rare. I don't think either though will retain value like a tjo7 or similar. I don't think I have seen ANY mainstream cases that will hold their value the past 2 years.

About to buy a 760T to put my 3770K in. Only problem is my board is the Asus P8P67 WS Revolution which is an amazing board but has no USB 3.0 header :/ Now I gotta buy an addon card cause I'm really ocd about unused ports. Good thing this board has a million x1 slots on it I guess :)

As for why I wanted an 800D...I just always found it sexy lol. Plus I love HUGE cases like the old Thermaltake Armor and the 780T. Not 900D huge though!

About to buy a 760T to put my 3770K in. Only problem is my board is the Asus P8P67 WS Revolution which is an amazing board but has no USB 3.0 header :/ Now I gotta buy an addon card cause I'm really ocd about unused ports. Good thing this board has a million x1 slots on it I guess :)

As for why I wanted an 800D...I just always found it sexy lol. Plus I love HUGE cases like the old Thermaltake Armor and the 780T. Not 900D huge though!

You're going to love the 760t then, it is the literal same exact case as the 780t and is fucking huge. Corsair got smart and used the same exact core case layout/structure for the 760t and 780t but they just snapped on different plastic exteriors.

Sky Pollution | i5 3570k @4.8Ghz | MSi z77a g45 | MSi GTX 770 Gaming 2gb | Samsung 840 Evo 250gb, Samsung OEM 500gb HDD | Corsair CX750m | Corsair 760t White Edition |
Corsair M95 | SuperLux 668b's | Logitech C615 | ViewSonic VX2250wm | Random OEM keyboard until I rage break it and grab another random OEM keyboard from my pile.
Build Log: http://linustechtips.com/main/topic/186413-sky-pollution-my-white-760t-build-rebuildupgrade/

You're going to love the 760t then, it is the literal same exact case as the 780t and is fucking huge. Corsair got smart and used the same exact core case layout/structure for the 760t and 780t but they just snapped on different plastic exteriors.

Haha pretty much the reason I'm getting it, cause it has the same insides of my 750D but matches my blue/silver themed build more.

Haha pretty much the reason I'm getting it, cause it has the same insides of my 750D but matches my blue/silver themed build more.

Yea, I assume you're getting the white one then which if you want you can check out my build log in Sig and see me throw my system into my white 760t.

Yea, I assume you're getting the white one then which if you want you can check out my build log in Sig and see me throw my system into my white 760t.

Sure am and awesome, will do!

The 750D is vastly superior. The fact that I'm using a C70, 500R, and 250D while the 800D is in the closet should make that apparent. It's not a bad case, it's actually a great case, it's just really old. It doesn't even have front mounted fans.

That being said, the 800D is clearly the better case, so you should trade me your 750D for my 800D. ;)

[spoiler = "My Computer Stuff"]

My ITX:

240 Air ; Z87I-Deluxe ; 4770K ; H100i ; G1 GTX 980TI ; Vengeance Pro 2400MHz (2x8GB) ; 3x 840 EVO (250GB) ; 2x WD Red Pro (4TB) ; RM650 ; 3x Dell U2414H ; G710+ ; G700s ; O2 + ODAC + Q701 ; Yamaha HTR-3066 + 5.1 Pioneer.

Things I Need To Get Off My Shelf:

250D ; 380T ; 800D ; C70 ; i7 920 ; i5 4670K ; Maximus Hero VI ; G.Skill 2133MHz (4x4GB) ; Crucial 2133MHz (2x4GB) ; Patriot 1600MHz (4x4GB) ; HX750 ; CX650M ; 2x WD Red (3TB) ; 5x 840 EVO (250GB) ; H60H100iH100i ; H100i ; VS247H-P ; K70 Reds ; K70 Blues ; K70 RGB Browns ; HD650.

The 750D is vastly superior. The fact that I'm using a C70, 500R, and 250D while the 800D is in the closet should make that apparent. It's not a bad case, it's actually a great case, it's just really old. It doesn't even have front mounted fans.

That being said, the 800D is clearly the better case, so you should trade me your 750D for my 800D. ;)

The 800d is supiror to every new corsair cases in build quality.

The only well built corsair cases are 800d, 650d, 550d.

The 650d/550d have more modern layout than 800d

n0ah1897, on 05 Mar 2014 - 2:08 PM, said:  "Computers are like girls. It's whats in the inside that matters.  I don't know about you, but I like my girls like I like my cases. Just as beautiful on the inside as the outside."