Wireless solution, budget max.: 130EUR ~ 150USD

kristofk

Hi guys,

I am about to move to a new place and I need a wireless solution there.

Internet comes in the house via coax cable. Since not many router support this I was thinking that I will use the router that is provided by ISP as an adapter/switch and I'll buy a separate access point. Altough for simplisity a single router would be better.

My expectations:

• simultaneous dualband for 2.4 and 5 GHz simultaneously
  • more than 1 antenna (internal/external doesn't matter)
  • reliable connection for game and movie streaming 
  • color: white

All this for 130EUR or better 150USD. (I live in Hungary so that is why european websites would be better.)

Could you tell us which particular retailers you'd prefer to buy from?

Sig under construction.

including a reciever for your computer?

Thats that. If you need to get in touch chances are you can find someone that knows me that can get in touch.

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RT-AC66U-AC1750-Diamond-Dual-Band-Gigabit/dp/B008O56HXC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429989803&sr=8-1&keywords=ac66u

and yes you need to use the ISP's modem ..just turn off all NAT features and firewalls and make the router the dmz if you can in the config

when you get the router...make sure to use the asus merlin firmware...it fixes alot of the little bugs with the asus firmware

If you need remote help fixing something on your computer

I can help over Teamviewer if you wish

just msg me on my profile

Could you tell us which particular retailers you'd prefer to buy from?

ipon.hu and pcx.hu but that won't help you, other than that I buy from amazon.de 

but you can give me anything, I'll find it here in the EU

including a reciever for your computer?

no just a router/acsess point

http://www.amazon.co.uk/RT-AC66U-AC1750-Diamond-Dual-Band-Gigabit/dp/B008O56HXC/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1429989803&sr=8-1&keywords=ac66u

and yes you need to use the ISP's modem ..just turn off all NAT features and firewalls and make the router the dmz if you can in the config

when you get the router...make sure to use the asus merlin firmware...it fixes alot of the little bugs with the asus firmware

funny I can get that here in Hungary for ~30GBP less, this is a very good start but I would like to see more options ;)

Is this: LINKSYS EA6300 AC1200 any good? It is cheaper and looks like a solid choice. I can't find the #of antennas however.

http://www.linksys.com/gb/p/P-EA6300/

When they don't mention it most likely has two antennas/interfaces, since Dual Band requires at least two interfaces. From my experience Linksys is not bad, but some of the devices don't have such a good range and speed, I would rather get something from the WRT series.

Another option could be the TP-Link Archer C9. TP-Link never failed me, been using its devices since 2011.

I've heard ASUS is also good, but I can't say anything more until I try it out. They seem to have stole the spotlight, especially the more expensive ones.