EVGA GTX 770 SC ACX - COIL WHINE

plutomok

i just picked up a used GTX 770 off kijiji

the card performs great however there is a horrible coil whine when loading into games and when quitting games

this is bad right?

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

Limit FPS to 60 in MSI Afterburner and your issue is fixed

That sucks dude. I got a Zotac GTX 770 4 Gb ...no coil whine at all, not 1 bit. I do limit my FPS anyways in games.....but it doesn't whine in benchmarks either.

Limit FPS to 60 in MSI Afterburner and your issue is fixed

That sucks dude. I got a Zotac GTX 770 4 Gb ...no coil whine at all, not 1 bit. I do limit my FPS anyways in games.....but it doesn't whine in benchmarks either.

how do i limit the fps in afterburner? cant find the option anywhere

afterburner v 4.1.0 

rivatuner v6.3.0

Phenom II X6 1090T @3.6ghz , EVGA GTX 770 SC, 8GB Hyper-X ram, Adata SX900, WD Black, Corsair HX850, LG IPS234, Logitech G9x, Logitech X-230, Netgear R7000

how do i limit the fps in afterburner? cant find the option anywhere

afterburner v 4.1.0 

rivatuner v6.3.0

Settings>On-Screen Display>More>FPS Limit set that to 60

yea...what he said. Or 2x click on rivatuner and you'll see a zero in a box to the right, under custom3D support. Change that to anything you want. I run my monitor at 55 actually. Some games I still see tearing at 55....not sure why when benchmarks don't tear....very weird.

Settings>On-Screen Display>More>FPS Limit set that to 60

k found it

but limited to 60fps and i even turned down the settings in games just in case...and its still making the noise

edit: and yes when limited to 60fps i get a lot of tearing

k found it

but limited to 60fps and i even turned down the settings in games just in case...and its still making the noise

edit: and yes when limited to 60fps i get a lot of tearing

well shit. my old 770 had coil whine too, it was bad

I had bad coil whine with my EVGA GTX 780 SC, after 3 months of use it went away.  Perhaps yours will too after some burn in.

"I genuinely dislike the promulgation of false information, especially to people who are asking for help selecting new parts."

I had bad coil whine with my EVGA GTX 780 SC, after 3 months of use it went away.  Perhaps yours will too after some burn in.

i bought this card second hand - its already been used

and the guy i bought it off isnt responding so i think im screwed...and left with this shitty coil whine to deal with

Coil whine is normal, usually not a problem if you play with headphones on