Project Kalte

PROJECT KALTE

So, where shall I start. Well, this is my most expensive, money-wasting, and ambitious "investment" I will most likely ever do. I will be constructing a full custom water cooling loop. The loop includes a Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming, and an AMD FX-8320 (Yes, I will upgrade to an i7-6700K when it comes out). This will all be housed within my Corsair Vengeance C70 Fractal Design Define S case. Although some modding will be required to fit in the two 360mm radiators I have planned. The total cost of this loop will be $700. I will be saving up my precious paychecks over the course of about 2 and a 1/2 months. So, without further a do, here is the parts list I have planned. Since this is my first loop ever, I may not be the most educated on this topic, but I've done my best to do my research online. If you have any tips, please feel free to drop them, and  I appreciate any feedback.

CPU Waterblock: EK-Supremacy EVO - Acetal+Nickel RECEIVED

GPU Waterblock: EK-FC970 GTX WF3 - Acetal+Nickel RECEIVED

GPU Backplate:  EK-FC970 GTX WF3 Backplate - Black RECEIVED

Case: Fractal Design Define S RECEIVED

Radiators: 2x Alphacool NexXxos ST30 Full Copper 360mm RECEIVED

Pump/Res: XSPC Photon 170 D5 Vario RECEIVED

Fittings: x10 EK-ACF 12/16 (7/16 ID & 5/8 OD) - Blue RECEIVED

Tubing: PrimoChill PrimoFlex Advanced LRT 12/16 (7/16 ID & 5/8 OD) - Clear RECEIVED

Fluid: Mayhems Pastel Blue Berry RECEIVED

Fans: x6 Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM (Already have 2) RECEIVED

Lighting: NZXT 2-Meter White LED Strip Sleeved RECEIVED

CPU: Intel Core i7-5820K ORDERED

RAM: Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB (4x4 Blue) ORDERED

Motherboard: ASRock X99 Extreme6 ORDERED

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

UPDATE I

So I went ahead and ordered some things for my planned loop. Since I'm going to be modding my C70, I will need to remove my drive bays, and my current lighting is an NZXT Hue, which requires a 5.25 bay, so I went ahead and ordered a 2 meter white LED strip from NZXT. The NZXT Hue doesn't produce a perfect white light anyways, which is all I want. I also ordered four Noctua NF-F12 iPPC 2000 PWM, since I'll need six for my planned two 360mm radiators (I already have two). Also, ignore the Warning from ASUS Suite, I have a faulty tachometer :P

oHYVrZ1.png

Intel Core i7-5820K (4.4 GHz) | Gigabyte GTX 970 G1 Gaming | Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB  | 2x 360mm Custom Loop (Noctua iPPC) | ASRock X99 Extreme6 | Samsung 840 EVO 250GB | Fractal Design Define S | Corsair HX750 | Windows 10 | Corsair M65 RGB PRO | Corsair K70 RGB LUX (CherryMX Brown) | Beyerdynamic Custom One Pro & Creative Sound Blaster Z | Nexus 6P (32GB Aluminium) | Check out my setup: Project Kalte Here!

• 2 weeks later...

UPDATE II

My original was to just mod my Corsair C70, but I just fell in love with the Fractal Design Define S, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it.

PAiRi14.png

UPDATE II

My original was to just mod my Corsair C70, but I just fell in love with the Fractal Design Define S, so I went ahead and pulled the trigger on it.

PAiRi14.png

Great choice! Can´t wait to see some pictures!  :)

• 5 weeks later...

UPDATE III

9tDa4wh.png

So I'm super glad to say that I have placed the order on my complete water cooling loop. The grand total was $718.99, not including previous purchases, such as fans and case. I'm not sure when it'll get here but I'll certainly post pictures of the process. The next week or so are going to be long.

UPDATE IV

So all of my water cooling parts arrived today, I was extremely excited and could barely finish writing my signature for the FedEx guy. It was a rough and stressful journey, but in the end I made it. I present you my first ever custom loop, it looks pretty ugly but it is my first time, some angled fittings would've made it cleaner, but I'll leave that for next time. The pump res combo was a lot bigger that I thought (TWSS), as well as the CPU block, and the GPU block is heavy. The most frustrating part was mounting the top radiator, 0/10 would not do again. I absolutely love the pastel aesthetic of Mayhem's fluid. So here are some pics of the process, well not really, but I took pictures of all of the components and my finished result. I hope you enjoy.

Here is my PC completely disassembled before the parts arrived.

kVKHLGj.jpg

Here is the box of all the components, the FedEx guy might as well have been Santa Clause.

sc0gLH5.jpg

CPU & GPU Block Packaging

zNXMd9U.jpg

GPU Backplate Packaging

a4cqiAP.jpg

Pump / Res Combo Packaging

ObTrKbC.jpg

Tubing Packaging

mlqaF1x.jpg

Fittings Packaging

zH0Ocqk.jpg

Two Radiators

HrS77Zk.jpg

GPU Block Installed

pqnIXR6.jpg

GPU Backplate Installed

h9XMPlM.jpg

CPU Top

aB2aMR0.jpg

CPU Bottom

nURyNdO.jpg

CPU Block Installed

IbyCA9i.jpg

Pump / Res Combo

vJyzGWc.jpg

Two Radiators

QOQtHG6.jpg

Semi-Assembled

F1glifr.jpg

Final Product

7sxmbem.jpg

Final Product 2

BD6c5aU.jpg

Thats pretty Cool! (get it? Cool cause of the... temps.. no?... ok... )

Only thing I would have done differently is the triple dual rad. Bit overkill... but hey, you can never be too cold. 

Looks stellar! The blue dye really fits well with the rest of the system. Don't think you could of done much better for the first time. Welcome to the club man!!!

MY GOD MAN!!! That is amazing! I probably would have gone for a different color of coolant in order to accent the blues more, but seriously man great job on the work, and I'm sure that anyone who sees this will be amazed and question how you did that :)

Im planning on doing almost the exact same build with a bigger res and wider front rad. I have been trying to think of ways to route the tubing and you have given that idea to me. Thank you.

Is that a computer or a jet engine? Why not both?

Your choice of case pleases me, I am kinda a fan boy of the Define S. although i don't have one... (sobs)

• 3 months later...

UPDATE V

I am happy to announce that I have placed an order on the following items as a pretty major upgrade to my build.

• Intel Core i7-5820K
  • ASRock X99 Extreme6
  • Corsair Vengeance LPX 16GB DDR4

I never though I would have an X99 system, so I'm really can't wait for my parts to arrive.

SeWPK7W.png