FPS drops serious help. I literally need to this end this now.

dima_

Try gaming with just one stick of RAM and see what happens. This could be the cause but it also might not be.

Windows 8.1 is a great operating system; And I game on it better than I do windows 7. This is not the root of your problems, but hop off the windows hate bandwagon pl0x

Wouldn't gaming on one stick be worse? They're like 800Mhz each for a total of 1600MHz but with the slots they're in I think it'd be like 630Mhz?

(OOC) [Legend] Vladimir Makaroni: is smelling meth with my new oculus rift a valid reason to warrant a meth lab

Wouldn't gaming on one stick be worse? They're like 800Mhz each for a total of 1600MHz but with the slots they're in I think it'd be like 630Mhz?

The speed does not stack.

At this point, we are trying as much as we can to narrow down your issue. 

Since re installing is not really the ideal option for you right now, and you've already tried another GPU/driver, we are limited in options. 

CSGO, again, doesn't require a lot. Gaming on a single stick will be fine for that, so let's try that next.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

The speed does not stack.

At this point, we are trying as much as we can to narrow down your issue.

Since re installing is not really the ideal option for you right now, and you've already tried another GPU/driver, we are limited in options.

CSGO, again, doesn't require a lot. Gaming on a single stick will be fine for that, so let's try that next.

I played CSGO earlier and I'm playing GTA V now, they've been fine. But BF4 was still stuttering earlier. It's very odd, not sure what to think. Have both sticks still in btw.

(OOC) [Legend] Vladimir Makaroni: is smelling meth with my new oculus rift a valid reason to warrant a meth lab

I played CSGO earlier and I'm playing GTA V now, they've been fine. But BF4 was still stuttering earlier. It's very odd, not sure what to think. Have both sticks still in btw.

Are you running the 32 bit or 64 bit launcher for BF4?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

Are you running the 32 bit or 64 bit launcher for BF4?

I think 64bit. I'll check later. What should I be running? Isn't only x64 and x86 tho? Or is that something else

I think 64bit. I'll check later. What should I be running? Isn't only x64 and x86 tho? Or is that something else

you should be running the 64 bit launcher (x64), but sometimes it reverts to the 32 bit launcher (x86) after a crash or rage quit. It's good just to check.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

It's okay on KF2 and GTA V, haven't played BF4 and CS:GO has the fps drops. It's so weird and it makes no sense. I think I'm going to just do a clean install. So, if I install Windows onto my SSD, will it get rid of everything on the SSD? It has BF4, KF2, and GTA V on it with room for Windows. But GTA V is a bitch to install. Will I have to worry about that?

It's okay on KF2 and GTA V, haven't played BF4 and CS:GO has the fps drops. It's so weird and it makes no sense. I think I'm going to just do a clean install. So, if I install Windows onto my SSD, will it get rid of everything on the SSD? It has BF4, KF2, and GTA V on it with room for Windows. But GTA V is a bitch to install. Will I have to worry about that?

Installing windows on your SSD will wipe it; But you can copy over your game files to another drive so you don't have to re download them.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

Installing windows on your SSD will wipe it; But you can copy over your game files to another drive so you don't have to re download them.

My only other drive is my HDD that Windows is on. Won't that get wiped too?

My only other drive is my HDD that Windows is on. Won't that get wiped too?

No; you can copy your games over to that drive and then un plug it while you install windows on the SSD.  

Then you can plug it back in, copy your games back over, and wipe the old HDD (So that there is not two copies of windows installed on your machine).

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

Be careful because since it is a pre built system it may not be easy to get all the drivers.  Go to the manufacturers website and get all the drivers.  Found it:

http://www.xoticpc.com/xoticsupport_new1.php

CPU i7 4790 | Motherboard  ASUS Z97 Maximus Hero VII | RAM 16 GB Trident X @ 2400 Mhz | GPU Titan X | Case NZXT Phantom 530 | Storage Samsung EVO 840 1 TB SSD, 2 Seagate 150 GB HDD, 1 External 3 GB Seagate HDD | PSU Corsair HX 1050 | Cooling Zalman Copper 2 ball | Keyboard  Logitech G710+ | Mouse Logitech G502 | Sound: Creative Z | Operating System  Windows 10

No; you can copy your games over to that drive and then un plug it while you install windows on the SSD.

Then you can plug it back in, copy your games back over, and wipe the old HDD (So that there is not two copies of windows installed on your machine).

It's fine, I'll reinstall everything. Starting from scratch, doing clean install now. Do I delete my HDD partitions (main partition and system reserved) and select my only SSD partition to install Windows on and it'll wipe it automatically?

edit: figured it out, delete my partitions and install on unallocated space

Wasn't necessary. Fresh install went great! I can't believe how fast my PC boots up. My old Win7 key worked. I think all my drivers are in order. KF2 wasn't one of the games with issues, but it's installing as I type. CS:GO had issues, I'll install that next.

Wasn't necessary. Fresh install went great! I can't believe how fast my PC boots up. My old Win7 key worked. I think all my drivers are in order. KF2 wasn't one of the games with issues, but it's installing as I type. CS:GO had issues, I'll install that next.

Let me know how it goes!

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

Let me know how it goes!

I'm leaving my pc on overnight as well as when I'm at school so I can have a bunch of my Steam games install. BF4 also had the issue but I'm not installing it right now. GTA V sort of had those issues, it's at the front of my queue, and CS:GO is right behind it. I'll be sure to get back as soon as possible. Thanks for all of your help! It's made the clean installation, something I've never done before, that much easier.

Be careful because since it is a pre built system it may not be easy to get all the drivers. Go to the manufacturers website and get all the drivers. Found it:

http://www.xoticpc.com/xoticsupport_new1.php

Ahh, on mobile and I meant to quote and I marked as solved? Any way to reverse that? lmao. No offense though, was quoting to thank you too as that helped ;)

edit: figured out how to reverse it in two seconds