FPS drops serious help. I literally need to this end this now.

dima_

It's a pre built? What brand?

99% of pre built systems come with a recovery partition. 

would it be ok to clone my OS to my SSD?

(OOC) [Legend] Vladimir Makaroni: is smelling meth with my new oculus rift a valid reason to warrant a meth lab

apparently this is what my HDD looks like in disk manager

http://puu.sh/hoM2t/23f29d8694.png

Alright i've never heard of them. 

When you boot the machine, is there an option to boot to recovery? 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Laptop: 2015 Macbook Pro 13, 8GB of RAM, 2.7Ghz i5, 240GB Apple SSD. 

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

I also do Youtube, check me out!

i can check

(OOC) [Legend] Vladimir Makaroni: is smelling meth with my new oculus rift a valid reason to warrant a meth lab

just my disk reader, ssd, hdd, and a "uefi: built-in efi shell"?

just my disk reader, ssd, hdd, and a "uefi: built-in efi shell"?

Hmm. xoticpc used an OEM key but didn't give you a recovery option? Dafuq?

Erm... Contact their support?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

VALIDATION, MSI Z97 Gaming 7, 24GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix 1070 8GB OC@ 2.2Ghz, Corsair graphite series 760T (Black), Cooler master V850, NH-D15 w/LNA ,1TB Samsung 850 Evo,  480GB Sandisk Ultra II SSD, 3TB Seagate Barracuda x 3, 1 TB WD Passport (Backup drive), 2 TB WD Passport (Backup Drive 2),  Windows 10 Pro x64 (uhg), Logitech G900 Chaos (Main), Steelseries Rival (FADE) (Courtesy of Edzel Yago, Thanks Ed), Steelsieres Rival 300 Hyperbeast Special Edition, Coolermaster Quickfire TKL (MX Blue), Razer Blackwidow Tournament edition (Greens).  Audio: Sennheiser HD598 SE, Edifier S1000DB, AudioEngine D1 DAC; Yamaha MG06X Mixer & AudioTechnica AT2020.

Phones; Daily drivers: Nexus 6P 64GB/iPhone 6 (Music), Apple Watch, Apple AirPods.

Spoiler

Plex Server: i7 3770, Gigabyte Board, 16GB DDR3 1600, Asus Strix GTX 1050ti 4GB, 120GB SSD Boot Drive, 8 x 3TB Seagate Barracuda, Rosewill RSV-R4000 With 2 Rosewill Hot Swap 4x Backplane Bays, 1050 Watt Corsair HX Series PSU,Hyper T2, Windows 10 Pro 

Hmm. xoticpc used an OEM key but didn't give you a recovery option? Dafuq?

Erm... Contact their support?

if i bought a new copy of windows how would i go about doing this?

if i bought a new copy of windows how would i go about doing this?

Well i wouldn't do that without contacting their support first. It's not right for them to give you almost a temporary copy of windows :/

But if you were to buy one, all you would have to do is format the drive and install like normal, entering the new key when it asks. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

Well i wouldn't do that without contacting their support first. It's not right for them to give you almost a temporary copy of windows :/

But if you were to buy one, all you would have to do is format the drive and install like normal.

how tf do you do that?

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

how tf do you do that?

boot off HDD go into computer management ...disk manage and format the SDD  ( edited )

NEVER GIVE UP. NEVER STOP LEARNING. DONT LET THE PAST HURT YOU. YOU CAN DOOOOO IT

boot off HDD go into device manager...disk manage and format the SDD

well my ssd is obviously formatted bc i have bf4 on it already. will i have to uninstall that btw?

well my ssd is obviously formatted bc i have bf4 on it already. will i have to uninstall that btw?

To re install windows you will be completely wiping everything again. 

You have the ISO I gave you? You can mount/extract that and double click on the setup.exe

From there it will ask you for the key, and copy all the files it needs. It will then reboot and from there you can follow the wizard the rest of the way.

Or, you can do this, using the ISO that I gave you. Keep in mind you will still need a new key for this.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

To re install windows you will be completely wiping everything again.

You have the ISO I gave you? You can mount/extract that and double click on the setup.exe

From there it will ask you for the key, and copy all the files it needs. It will then reboot and from there you can follow the wizard the rest of the way.

Or, you can do

, using the ISO that I gave you. Keep in mind you will still need a new key for this.

how do i wipe everything from the hdd? is it an automatic thing? like i'm considering buying win7 again so i'll have a DVD and i put it in, select it to be first in boot order, and reboot and it'll do its thing?

how do i wipe everything from the hdd? is it an automatic thing? like i'm considering buying win7 again so i'll have a DVD and i put it in, select it to be first in boot order, and reboot and it'll do its thing?

The steps are simple but not automatic. 

It will bring up the installer, hit next a few times, and it will show you the screen where you can format the drives. 

At worst, google any one of the 100000000 videos about installing windows 7; But it's easy. 

EDIT: Get your drivers now, rather than later. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

The steps are simple but not automatic.

It will bring up the installer, hit next a few times, and it will show you the screen where you can format the drives.

At worst, google any one of the 100000000 videos about installing windows 7; But it's easy.

EDIT: Get your drivers now, rather than later.

ok. after school tomorrow (today?) i'll get a disc. what drivers should i be getting? and do i delete that "system recovery" or whatever smaller partition on my hdd too?

ok. after school tomorrow (today?) i'll get a disc. what drivers should i be getting? and do i delete that "system recovery" or whatever smaller partition on my hdd too?

If you mean the "System reserved" partition, yes. If you mean "System recovery", we need to backup a step. 

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

If you mean the "System reserved" partition, yes. If you mean "System recovery", we need to backup a step.

yeah it was system reserved

and what drivers do i get now instead of later?

and what drivers do i get now instead of later?

The network drivers at the very least. Just in case you don't have another machine to get them from. If you do have another machine, you can skip that step.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

The network drivers at the very least. Just in case you don't have another machine to get them from. If you do have another machine, you can skip that step.

I e-mailed XoticPC's support about the key. In the event that they're a jew company, where can I get Windows 7 for cheap? Aren't they normally, like... almost $100?

I e-mailed XoticPC's support about the key. In the event that they're a jew company, where can I get Windows 7 for cheap? Aren't they normally, like... almost $100?

Hopefully they get back to you; 

If not, G2A usually has cheaper windows keys. There aren't any windows 7 keys at the moment, but windows 8.1 pro is 50 bucks. 

Can confirm that this product page is legit; Bought two keys from this exact page.

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler

If not, G2A usually has cheaper windows keys. There aren't any windows 7 keys at the moment, but windows 8.1 pro is 50 bucks.

Can confirm that this product page is legit; Bought two keys from this exact page.

I don't have any money to buy a new OS, and definitely not 8 or 8.1. Talk about horrible gaming OSes. I do, however, have Paragon Migrate... this probably won't fix my game issues but I want my OS on my SSD anyway. But I heard cloning an OS causes a shitload of problems. Should I do it?

Wait. Something just hit me. My mobo has its first two DIMM slots broken. I have my RAM next to each other in slots 3 and 4, so it's like 1333MHz or something I believe according to cpu-z. Now I know what clock on its own wouldn't cause much trouble but doesn't it effect latency and stuff as well? Like could this be the source of my woes and could buying faster RAM fix it? Well I know frequency and latency end up balancing each other out but would faster RAM fix this setup, if it is the problem?

Wait. Something just hit me. My mobo has its first two DIMM slots broken. I have my RAM next to each other in slots 3 and 4, so it's like 1333MHz or something I believe according to cpu-z. Now I know what clock on its own wouldn't cause much trouble but doesn't it effect latency and stuff as well? Like could this be the source of my woes and could buying faster RAM fix it? Well I know frequency and latency end up balancing each other out but would faster RAM fix this setup, if it is the problem?

Try gaming with just one stick of RAM and see what happens. This could be the cause but it also might not be.

I don't have any money to buy a new OS, and definitely not 8 or 8.1. Talk about horrible gaming OSes. I do, however, have Paragon Migrate... this probably won't fix my game issues but I want my OS on my SSD anyway. But I heard cloning an OS causes a shitload of problems. Should I do it?

Windows 8.1 is a great operating system; And I game on it better than I do windows 7. This is not the root of your problems, but hop off the windows hate bandwagon pl0x

Spoiler

I7 4790K @4.5 Ghz 1.294V

Spoiler