Need Help 60hz IPS or 144hz TN

I'm buying my new computer tonight and I'm not sure sure if I should get a 144hz TN panel or a 60hz IPS panel, I play games like BF4, Elder Scroll Online, etc. I play with friends and I'm in a clan but nothing extreme competition, just for fun. What would you guys do? My budget is max 450$ canadian, 24inch or 27inch. I was looking at those 144hz monitor like the Asus VG248QE and the BenQ XL2420Z.

Thanks in advance!!

Just for fun? I would say just go IPS then. Most people who are playing bf4 don't have 144Hz monitors so 60Hz is fine. 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Just for fun? I would say just go IPS then. Most people who are playing bf4 don't have 144Hz monitors so 60Hz is fine. 

Thats what I'm thinking, which one to get?

Thats what I'm thinking, which one to get?

No idea sorry, I've got a crappy 60Hz TN, so I'm in no position to recommend anything... :P 

CPU: Intel 3570 GPUs: Nvidia GTX 660Ti Case: Fractal design Define R4  Storage: 1TB WD Caviar Black & 240GB Hyper X 3k SSD Sound: Custom One Pros Keyboard: Ducky Shine 4 Mouse: Logitech G500

Depends on what you want, unless you play competitively at a very high level 144hz is not necessary, however it still provides an improvement. I would still prefer an ips panel for the better colour reproduction and vieweing angles, even if you sit in front of it vertical distortion can get a little annoying.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

I bought this monitor not too long ago. http://www.amazon.com/Acer-H226HQL-bid-21-5-Inch-Widescreen/dp/B00AZMLIWW It'sa 60hz IPS panel with 5ms of response time. Be cautious though because it's a glossy panel so if you have any direct sunlight this is not a good monitor for you. There is no direct sun light in my room, but in the morning the sun reflects of my tan wall and reflections are still easily seen in the monitor.  It's not the highest end monitor but for the money it's great even for gaming in my opinion, but then again it's the only monitor I've ever used beside some crappy old 1680x1050 monitor so all I can really say is it's a lot better than that.

Depends on what you want, unless you play competitively at a very high level 144hz is not necessary, however it still provides an improvement. I would still prefer an ips panel for the better colour reproduction and vieweing angles, even if you sit in front of it vertical distortion can get a little annoying.

What do you suggest me for an IPS monitor?

If you're looking for a 60Hz IPS monitor, I would recommend this one:  http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/products/Gaming_Accessories/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=dhs&cs=cadhs1&sku=860-BBCG

I have 3, and love them. Now I don't think I could get any other monitor with thicker bezels.

16:10 variant:  http://accessories.us.dell.com/sna/productdetail.aspx?c=ca&l=en&s=&cs=cadhs1&sku=860-BBDY&ST=pla&dgc=ST&cid=3852&lid=5352971&acd=1230881379347400

CPU: i7-4790K --- HEATSINK: NZXT Kraken X61 --- MOBO: Asus Z97-A --- GPU: GTX 970 Strix --- RAM: 16GB ADATA XPG --- SSD: 512GB MX100 | 256GB BX200 HDD: 1TB WD Black --- PSU: EVGA SuperNova G2 --- CASE: NZXT H440 --- DISPLAY3 x Dell U2414H --- KEYBOARD: Pok3r (Clears) --- MOUSE: Logitech G Pro --- OS: Windows 10

If you can get to Cad $ 479, then go for the BenQ GW2765HT 27" IPS 1440p monitor

http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-gw2765ht-27in-ips-wqhd-d6-98207-1611.htm?affiliateid=7474144

If budget is tight I can recommend you some pretty nice Korean 1440p IPS or PLS displays, they are cheaper and look as good, but the stands are a bit crappy, BenQ's stand is just so much better.

If you can get to Cad $ 479, then go for the BenQ GW2765HT 27" IPS 1440p monitor

http://www.ncix.com/detail/benq-gw2765ht-27in-ips-wqhd-d6-98207-1611.htm?affiliateid=7474144

If budget is tight I can recommend you some pretty nice Korean 1440p IPS or PLS displays, they are cheaper and look as good, but the stands are a bit crappy, BenQ's stand is just so much better.Which 

Which one would you choose between the BenQ GW2765HT (27inch) or the Asus PA248Q (24.1inch).

What do you suggest me for an IPS monitor?

As I said, for better colours and vieweing angles. It just looks better, to put it in a simpler way.

Don't ask to ask, just ask... please 🤨

sudo chmod -R 000 /*

Which one would you choose between the BenQ GW2765HT (27inch) or the Asus PA248Q (24.1inch).

Definitively the BenQ one. The Asus one is a monitor oriented towards color work (hence the Pro Art naming), good for professionals, not that much for gaming, as they are often much slower monitors.

Also, a higher resolution games do look better, even if it means you have to lower the settings a bit to get enough fps. Medium-high 1440p vs Ultra 1080p, 1440p wins.

Definitively the BenQ one. The Asus one is a monitor oriented towards color work (hence the Pro Art naming), good for professionals, not that much for gaming, as they are often much slower monitors.

Also, a higher resolution games do look better, even if it means you have to lower the settings a bit to get enough fps. Medium-high 1440p vs Ultra 1080p, 1440p wins.

Would the BenQ GW2765HT fit on my desk if the space for it is 27inches (length) and 23inches (height)? It's not a LED screen, it's LCD. I tough LED would be better ?

Edited by EvilGenius

Would the BenQ GW2765HT fit on my desk if the space for it is 27inches (length) and 23inches (height)?

It should!, The 27" the display has are measured diagonally.

depends what for but i would always choose ips over tn if 144h really matters to than yeah but i would always choose ips over tn. The ips will have much better color reproduction and also it will look a lot nicer as well. If i were i would go for the asus pb238q there a PA version but it is about 130 dollars more expensive and all you really get is a slightly better panel (not much) and pre color calibration. but for the colour calabration you can buy a colour calabrator. and you probably on't notice much difference between the two panels. basically the PA is for professional photgraphers/editors who really care about that type of thing.but for the money the pb is definatly better.

It should!, The 27" the display has are measured diagonally.

Ok and i tought LED monitor would be better than a LCD?

Ok and i tought LED monitor would be better than a LCD?

Those are different things, and not related.

LCD means Liquid Crystal Display, and is used for all monitors, even if it's TN, or IPS, or PLS, or VA, or whatever. A different panel would be a Plasma TV.

LED means the display is getting the extra light from an array of LED lights behind the panel. Other type would be self lit, or cathode lit.