Cherry Mx Switches - O-rings/Pads

Amature_m8

Just a heads up. O-rings/pads doesn't make MX Blues that much more quiet.

The o-rings/pads reduce the klack noise from bottoming out the switch. The click from actuating the switch will still be present.

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600

The o-rings/pads reduce the klack noise from bottoming out the switch. The click from actuating the switch will still be present.

The sound of the key bottoming out is the sound I'm tiring to get rid off.

I like the sound of the actual switch. :) 

In that case, get them. They'll do exactly as you intend for them to do.

My Buyer’s Guide!   

Build:                                               

CPU: Intel Core i5 4690K Cooler: Cryorig R1 Ultimate RAM: Kingston Fury White Series 8GB SSD: OCZ 100 ARC 240GB HDD: Seagate Barracuda 1TB Motherboard: MSI Z97S SLI Krait Edition Graphics Card: Powercolor PCS+ R9 390 Case: Phanteks Enthoo Pro (White) Power Supply: EVGA G2 750W Monitor: LG 29UM67-P 29" 21:9 Freesync Sexiness Mouse: Razer Deathadder ChromKeyboard: Razer Blackwidow 2014 Headset: Turtle Beach Ear Force XP400

I think it depends on how hard you smack your keys. I know that when I type on blues I can hardly hear the click because I'm hammering the keys and bottoming them out, so they definitely lessen the noise with the way I type. :P

Might be the same with OP? In that case, I say sure. Just make sure you like the sound of blues before buying them. Lots of people find them annoying I suppose.

PCPartPicker link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/R6GTGX

Привет товарищ ))))

These are the dimensions recommended for most of the mechanical keyboards on the market.        

Outside Diameter: 8mm /0.32"

Inside diameter: 5mm /0.19"

Thickness: 1.5mm/0.06"

EPDM rubber which has much better resistance to cracking and tearing than nitrile or silicon rubber but most sellers just use silicone. I bought silicone.

If you are willing to wait on shipping, you can get the O-rings for cheap here from ebay, banggood, or aliexpress. Search for "150pcs White Keycap Rubber O-Ring Switch Dampeners For Cherry MX" and confirm the 1.5mm thickness and you're good. You can pick them up in 8 days from Hong Kong for $2 + $2 eparcel upgrade.

If you increase the thickness of the O-Ring too much you may block the actuation point.  Most actuation points are at 2mm of 4mm total travel.

These are the dimensions recommended for most of the mechanical keyboards on the market.        

Outside Diameter: 8mm /0.32"

Inside diameter: 5mm /0.19"

Thickness: 1.5mm/0.06"

EPDM rubber which has much better resistance to cracking and tearing than nitrile or silicon rubber but most sellers just use silicone. I bought silicone.

If you are willing to wait on shipping, you can get the O-rings for cheap here from ebay, banggood, or aliexpress. Search for "150pcs White Keycap Rubber O-Ring Switch Dampeners For Cherry MX" and confirm the 1.5mm thickness and you're good. You can pick them up in 8 days from Hong Kong for $2 + $2 eparcel upgrade.

If you increase the thickness of the O-Ring too much you may block the actuation point.  Most actuation points are at 2mm of 4mm total travel.

I think it depends on how hard you smack your keys. I know that when I type on blues I can hardly hear the click because I'm hammering the keys and bottoming them out, so they definitely lessen the noise with the way I type. :P

Might be the same with OP? In that case, I say sure. Just make sure you like the sound of blues before buying them. Lots of people find them annoying I suppose.

In that case, get them. They'll do exactly as you intend for them to do.

Thanks for the responses. 

I will wait before I get the keyboard before I get o-rings, just in case.

If I do I will probably get some form eBay or something

Thanks again.  

i have blue 0 rings on mx browns with clear black keycaps on my k70 rgb. therefore i cant give good info on blues. 

My pc:

http://pcpartpicker.com/p/dvcw23 

(Black Glacier)

My server:

Dual xeon x5679 processors, 24gb of ECC memory, Nvidia quadro 295 NVS and 48tb of storage.  (z600