21:9 vs dual 16:9

DinckelMan

Hello there, 

I'm having a hard time deciding what to go with.

I've hard 2+1 1080p setup before and enjoyed it quite a lot, but had to give it up when i moved. Now, i'm deciding again between dual 1080p or 21:9 (maybe dual ultrawide later, who knows).

Can anyone convince me to buy those, from a gaming + web stand point? Currently im looking at LG 29UM65's.

Keep in mind that i can not try those monitors anywhere

Edit1: I'm currently planning to go dual 1080p side-by-side or single/dual 21:9 on on top of the other

Gaming on dual monitors is horrible- you want 3 for surround

I prefer 21:9 to triple monitor

(although I prefer single 16:9 monitor over anything else)

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

I would take the ultrawide monitor. The one you are looking it is great. And because its 21:9 you will get a wider fov than with a 16:9. If you REALLY need more than 2560 horizontal pixels then take dual 16:9. If you are happy with one ultrawide then take that. I have one as well and I´m loving it

Longboarders/ skaters message me!

I'm not planning to play with surround. I was always using the middle screen for games, and the other 2 for other stuff. Multitasking op

I would take the ultrawide monitor. The one you are looking it is great. And because its 21:9 you will get a wider fov than with a 16:9. If you REALLY need more than 2560 horizontal pixels then take dual 16:9. If you are happy with one ultrawide then take that. I have one as well and I´m loving it

That's what i've been thinking. The experience in games will be different + i have more space even if i run the game in 1080p, which will leave space for something like Twitch chat.

I'm not planning to play with surround. I was always using the middle screen for games, and the other 2 for other stuff. Multitasking op

Oh okay, then ultrawide if you fancy something more immersive for gaming ( just bear in mind not all games support it fully)

Personally I just prefer 16:9 monitors I guess , but thats just personal experience and preference 

Desktop - Corsair 300r i7 4770k H100i MSI 780ti 16GB Vengeance Pro 2400mhz Crucial MX100 512gb Samsung Evo 250gb 2 TB WD Green, AOC Q2770PQU 1440p 27" monitor Laptop Clevo W110er - 11.6" 768p, i5 3230m, 650m GT 2gb, OCZ vertex 4 256gb,  4gb ram, Server: Fractal Define Mini, MSI Z78-G43, Intel G3220, 8GB Corsair Vengeance, 4x 3tb WD Reds in Raid 10, Phone Oppo Reno 10x 256gb , Camera Sony A7iii

^^ Dual monitors can be a bad idea, 2 monitors..... Well, when you play game you would see the center but it would be like this...

mGo1G.jpg

It's blocked, you can still game but sometimes it makes your gaming experience a bit disturbed.

Where I hang out: The Garage - Car Enthusiast Club

My cars: 2006 Mazda RX-8 (MT) | 2014 Mazda 6 (AT) | 2009 Honda Jazz (AT)

PC Specs

Indonesia

CPU: i5-4690 | Motherboard: MSI B85-G43 | Memory: Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB | Power Supply: Corsair CX500 | Video Card: MSI GTX 970

Storage: Kingston V300 120GB & WD Blue 1TB | Network Card: ASUS PCE-AC56 | Peripherals: Microsoft Wired 600 & Logitech G29 + Shifter

Australia 

CPU: Ryzen 3 2200G | Motherboard: MSI - B450 Tomahawk | Memory: Mushkin - 8GB (1 x 8GB) | Storage: Mushkin 250GB & Western Digital - Caviar Blue 1TB
Video Card: GIGABYTE - RX 580 8GB | Case: Corsair - 100R ATX Mid Tower | Power Supply: Avolv 550W 80+ Gold

i'd go 21:9 and maybe grab a cheap 1080p down the line as a second monitor if you need more desktop space (if you have the physical space of course)

#killedmywife #howtomakebombs #vgamasterrace

I have the 29UM65 and it is a great monitor, I would go for the ultrawide myself. And this is a great monitor to do this with, great colours great resolution and it's not hard to drive.

^^ Dual monitors can be a bad idea, 2 monitors..... Well, when you play game you would see the center but it would be like this...

It's blocked, you can still game but sometimes it makes your gaming experience a bit disturbed.

You cant even set resolution like that without some custom settings. And this would make no sense anyway.

2x1080p was before and will be 1 for games + 1 for other stuff for me. Same with triple