DirectX 12 release?

XplosiveNoctua99
Go to solution Solved by William5849,

When is the release for DX12

(Is there one??????)

It will be done when Windows 10 comes out which is around this summer, from what I've heard.

(Is there one??????)

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

(Is there one??????)

It will be done when Windows 10 comes out which is around this summer, from what I've heard.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

It's publicly available at this moment.

Is that with the Windows 10 public beta

My PC Specs: CPU: Core i5 4590 @ stock speeds, GPU: RX 480 8GB, RAM: 16GB DDR3 @1600mhz

Case: Zalman ZM-T4,Motherboard: GigaByte GA-H81M-S2H LGA 1150, HDD/SSD: 2TB Seagate Expansion drive, 1TB Samsung Portable HDD, 160gb Intel SSD, PSU: 550w corsair cxm

:lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol:  :lol: 

Yes, only Windows 10 will get it. But hey, it's free for most of us. And remember, DirectX is useless without developers using the new features in it.

| Intel 5820K OC'd 4.6Ghz (Swifttech H320 X2) | Asus x99 Deluxe w/ USB 3.1 | 32GB Corsair DDR4 Ram | 2 Nvidia GTX 980ti Classified's | 250gb Samsung EVO SSD OS Drive | 128GB Samsung SSD Cache Drive | 1TB Samsung EVO SSD | 2TB & 4TB Western Digital HDD | Corsair K70 Keyboard | Beyerdynamic 990 Pro 250 | ASUS 27" ROG Swift

Yes, only Windows 10 will get it. But hey, it's free for most of us. And remember, DirectX is useless without developers using the new features in it.

Exactly why Microsoft is pushing Windows 10 so hard.

The Windows 10 TP has had DirectX 12 implemented for a little while now. We're just waiting on the DirectX 12 drivers for proper support.

Wait, what? Since when?

LTT's unofficial Windows activation expert.

I read that they are only making the beta free as an upgrade or something. Anyway, so any of you know if DirectX 12 will allow for VRAM stacking? Apparently mantle will but I have found no mention of DirectX 12. Kind of hoping cause if not I have 3.5gb of VRAM . . . Ahem . . . .

I beleave its coming out for 8.1 to.remeber linus saying something along those line when he told Luke that windows 7 will NOT be getting it.

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

I beleave its coming out for 8.1 to.remeber linus saying something along those line when he told Luke that windows 7 will NOT be getting it.

Windows 7 will not get it. It's out of mainstream support and no new features will be added. 8.1 MIGHT get it, but I think not. It seems it will be a Windows 10 exclusive.

Windows 7 will not get it. It's out of mainstream support and no new features will be added. 8.1 MIGHT get it, but I think not. It seems it will be a Windows 10 exclusive.

Even if that does end up happening you know the XP and 7 master race guys will port it some way or another.

At the very least Linux might try to get a port if not ill be spending the time to do it myself i am really exited for the Multi-Vender GPU support as in  using a AMD card and a NVIDIA 

I  have GameServer`s And VOIP servers the only price is that you have fun on them. 

Even if that does end up happening you know the XP and 7 master race guys will port it some way or another.

At the very least Linux might try to get a port if not ill be spending the time to do it myself i am really exited for the Multi-Vender GPU support as in  using a AMD card and a NVIDIA 

Linux has never supported DirectX. As far as I know, nobody has got it working. It's not a regular application - it's a series of collections of APIs that integrate deep into the operating system. With the differences between Linux and Windows NT, there is no way how DX can run on Linux. XP won't get it either, as a lot of new stuff was introduced with Vista, along with DX10. Did anybody port DX10 to XP? No. Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 MIGHT (if absolutely everything goes well) get it. MIGHT.

Linux has never supported DirectX. As far as I know, nobody has got it working. It's not a regular application - it's a series of collections of APIs that integrate deep into the operating system. With the differences between Linux and Windows NT, there is no way how DX can run on Linux. XP won't get it either, as a lot of new stuff was introduced with Vista, along with DX10. Did anybody port DX10 to XP? No. Vista, 7, 8 and 8.1 MIGHT (if absolutely everything goes well) get it. MIGHT.

Valid point, But i am going to kick in scream until i figure out how to get it to run on Ubuntu/Linux oh and i didn't mean to add XP in there that would definitely be harder then making a new OS from scratch to get it working there. (wait same might be true for linus. hmmmmm Bit i want it so bad) <Said in the voice of a whining 5 year old>

Valid point, But i am going to kick in scream until i figure out how to get it to run on Ubuntu/Linux oh and i didn't mean to add XP in there that would definitely be harder then making a new OS from scratch to get it working there. (wait same might be true for linus. hmmmmm Bit i want it so bad) <Said in the voice of a whining 5 year old>

Very well. If you really want it on Linux, I wish you the best of luck. I just hope that this isn't violating any MS license.

I also forgot to menon theres a linux distro being developed that can rum Windows .EXE and .MSI files no problem they comply stoprd windows down to the core and are trying to revers engineer it to get it working. So theres my hope on getting DX12 working on Linux

I also forgot to menon theres a linux distro being developed that can rum Windows .EXE and .MSI files no problem they comply stoprd windows down to the core and are trying to revers engineer it to get it working. So theres my hope on getting DX12 working on Linux

Like I said, DX is not a regular application. Just running the installer (if they ever make one, usually it comes via Windows Update) will not work.

Very well. If you really want it on Linux, I wish you the best of luck. I just hope that this isn't violating any MS license.

Thank you. Ill have to look into that. Because if im putting that much work into this i want everybody to use it.

Wait, what? Since when?

For a while now actually I think the old 9926 build initially had DirectX 12 implemented.