do all mice lasers get affected by a rough/old mouse pads?

RapidRampage245

sorry if my post doesn't make much sense, im not the best at explaining things, ill try my best.

so i bought a mouse pad a few months ago(corsair mm200), and i use it a lot for gaming and normal use, its pretty worn out you can tell where its been used the most and Ive notice that my mouse(SteelSeries Diablo III Gaming Mouse) lags when i try and flick it fast from left to right and vise versa in game, it just skips and doesn't do the full 180 or 360 i try and do, and when i turn my mouse pad from top to bottom where its like new, the mouse works with no lag. So my question is do all mice get affected like this where if the mouse pad is old and rough it can affect the mouse performance? or could it be that my mouse laser is weak and i might need to get an upgrade to one of the newer advanced mice?

p.s: my mouse is a little over a year old and i have noticed that its been having issues where the mouse wheel scrolls up one when im scrolling down and double clicks when i use it to open a tab in my browser.

sorry if my post doesn't make much sense, im not the best at explaining things, ill try my best.

so i bought a mouse pad a few months ago(corsair mm200), and i use it a lot for gaming and normal use, its pretty worn out you can tell where its been used the most and Ive notice that my mouse(SteelSeries Diablo III Gaming Mouse) lags when i try and flick it fast from left to right and vise versa in game, it just skips and doesn't do the full 180 or 360 i try and do, and when i turn my mouse pad from top to bottom where its like new, the mouse works with no lag. So my question is do all mice get affected like this where if the mouse pad is old and rough it can affect the mouse performance? or could it be that my mouse laser is weak and i might need to get an upgrade to one of the newer advanced mice?

p.s: my mouse is a little over a year old and i have noticed that its been having issues where the mouse wheel scrolls up one when im scrolling down and double clicks when i use it to open a tab in my browser.

TL;DR, laser mice should not have tracking issues so I have a semi-suspicion that you got a funky mouse. But yes, a rough mousemat can affect gameplay, especially big dips in the fabric.

|PSU Tier List /80 Plus Efficiency| PSU stuff if you need it. 

My system: PCPartPicker || For Corsair support tag @Corsair Josephor @Corsair Nick || My 5MT Legacy GT Wagon ||