4k tv 4k monitor same fps confirm

Offline Research Kangaroo

What are the Specs of the PC?

Because he had a hard drive.

Depends on the TV

You may be incorrect, and your friend is correct

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

What are the Specs of the PC?

What does that have to do with anything?

Intel Core i7 9700k - EVGA FTW GTX 970

Tell my friend a 4k tv runs at the same fps as a 4k pc monitor @.@

It might not... you might only have a 30Hz 4K TV. The FPS output would be the same, but the number of frames you actually see could be different.

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

Tell my friend a 4k tv runs at the same fps as a 4k pc monitor @.@

Not all TVs and not all monitors run at the same refresh rate. So if you pick out a TV and a monitor that run at the same refresh rate then they are the same. If you pick a TV and monitor that have different refresh rates, they'll be different.

If you give us the specific model numbers we can do a proper comparison.

compare spec sheets

Can't really do that when TV manufacturers lie out their ass about the refresh rates.

Really?

Wow.

Care to give any examples? I never wanna buy from em again

Lets all ripperoni in pepperoni

Can't really do that when TV manufacturers lie out their ass about the refresh rates.

Glenwing... companies lie?! You must be mistaken! They are all god's gift to mankind.

/s

The projects never end in my line of work.

CPU: Dual Xeon E5-2650v2 || GPU: Dual Quadro K5000 || Motherboard: Asus Z9PE-D8 || RAM: 64GB Corsair Vengeance || Monitors: Dual LG 34UM95, NEC MultiSync EA244UHD || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 Pro 256GB in Raid 0, 6x WD Re 4TB in Raid 1 || Sound: Xonar Essense STX (Mainly for Troubleshooting and listening test) || PSU: Corsair Ax1500i

CPU: Core i7 5820k @ 4.7GHz || GPU: Dual Titan X || Motherboard: Asus X99 Deluxe || RAM: 32GB Crucial Ballistix Sport || Monitors: MX299Q, 29UB65, LG 34UM95 || Storage: Dual Samsung 850 EVO 1 TB in Raid 0, Samsung 850 EVO 250GB, 2TB Toshiba scratch disk, 3TB Seagate Barracuda || PSU: EVGA 1000w PS Platinum

The pc will put out the same fps because the resolution is the same, and that's all the pc sees, it doesn't know or care if the size is different. Refresh rate can vary, but I would expect pretty much anything at 4k to be 60Hz. However a tv will most likely have higher input lag than a monitor, making it slightly worse for gaming.

Hey Guys - first timer posting here - I am looking at using a 4k TV as a monitor for my new build and from my research so far you need to make sure that your GPU has HDMI 2 compliant HDMI output and your TV can except HDMI 2 in as well for 4k UHD @60hz -

I am not a big gamer so for me its a productivity with some gaming but also for 4k HTPC duties when media comes available.  I am in the process of moving out to the states for am starting from scratch for an all in one set up