What Should I Upgrade First?

Hi, I am interested in maybe upgrading something in my computer to gain performance and get some experience in building computers. I might not want to change my CPU and CPU cooling because it is water cooled and I don't want to damage anything.  If it is easy to work with and I just am being a wussy, please let me know.

I don't know much about overclocking. If it is a good option for my setup please tell me and maybe recommend a place to learn how.

I am wondering what could need upgrading and what doesn't with my setup

CPU:

Intel Core i7-5820k CPU @ 3.30GHz 

CPU Cooler:

Astek 550LC 120MM Watercooler

Ram:

Ballistix Sport DDR4 ram  4x 4G

GPU:

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Motherboard:

msi X99S SLI PLUS

Power Supply:

High Power 800W

SSD:

256GB ADATA SP610 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD

Hard Drive:

2TB SATA III 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5" HD

If I have left out anything important please let me know and I will do my best to add it in

What is your GPU? Their are 7 R9 200 Series GPU's...

Just remember: Random people on the internet ALWAYS know more than professionals, when someone's lying, AND can predict the future.

i7 9700K (5.2Ghz @1.2V); MSI Z390 Gaming Edge AC; Corsair Vengeance RGB Pro 16GB 3200 CAS 16; H100i RGB Platinum; Samsung 970 Evo 1TB; Samsung 850 Evo 500GB; WD Black 3 TB; Phanteks 350x; Corsair RM19750w.

Laptop: Dell XPS 15 4K 9750H GTX 1650 16GB Ram 256GB SSD

Spoiler

sex hahaha

indeed do overclock

also what nio said, what GPU and HDD do you have specifically.

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

PSU??????

"High power 800W" does not raise confidence. sounds like what a seller would put on a build to sell you a craptacular Besttec Unit or something.

Hey bro whatcha DOOOOOOOOIN *Barfs fruit salads on your chest*

i7 4820K / Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ 6GB \ 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4X4) / Gigabyte X79-UD3 \ EVGA Supernova G2 850W / Windows 7 Ultimate / Dell U2412M \

Dat be spooky....my hella rad pootpoot *u*

PSU??????

"High power 800W" does not raise confidence. sounds like what a seller would put on a build to sell you a craptacular Besttec Unit or something.

I could not find the brand of the Power Supply

indeed do overclock

also what nio said, what GPU and HDD do you have specifically.

Sorry, I'm not very experienced. How do I find out what model of these I have? I have downloaded the AMD Driver Autodetect and it just says AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Sorry, I'm not very experienced. How do I find out what model of these I have? I have downloaded the AMD Driver Autodetect and it just says AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

gGqew55.gif

pc specs: 4 function calculator / 8 digit lcd display / colored numeric and function buttons

I could not find the brand of the Power Supply

Then i'd look into getting a good PSU then .o. cause i cant really think of any high quality PSU at the top of my head rated at 800W.

but then again someone could enlighten me. 

i'll presume since most of the build is really good, The GPU is a R9 290X.

Hey bro whatcha DOOOOOOOOIN *Barfs fruit salads on your chest*

i7 4820K / Sapphire Radeon HD 7970GHZ 6GB \ 16GB Corsair Vengeance (4X4) / Gigabyte X79-UD3 \ EVGA Supernova G2 850W / Windows 7 Ultimate / Dell U2412M \

Dat be spooky....my hella rad pootpoot *u*

The HDD is 

TOSHIBA DT01ACA200 2TB 64MB Cache SATA 3 (6.0 Gb/S) 3.5" Internal Hard Drive Bare Drive

I did that and in that spot it says AMD Radeon R9 200 Series... :L

Then i'd look into getting a good PSU then .o. cause i cant really think of any high quality PSU at the top of my head rated at 800W.

but then again someone could enlighten me. 

i'll presume since most of the build is really good, The GPU is a R9 290X.

I went and hunted down the parts list I had back in my closet and it says AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB PCI-E 3.0

Would that be it?

i went and hunted down the parts list I had back in my closet and it says AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB PCI-E 3.0

Would that be it?

yeah, thats it.

idk man, your build is pretty top end. i guess you could upgrade to a 980 or titan or whatever, but thats really it, even then if you are playing at 1080p spending that much probably isnt worth it.

i say wait a few years.

yeah, thats it.

idk man, your build is pretty top end. i guess you could upgrade to a 980 or titan or whatever, but thats really it, even then if you are playing at 1080p spending that much probably isnt worth it.

i say wait a few years.

Yea, I was thinking that. Thanks for the help. And could my build do 4K? or do I need special parts? (other than the monitor)

Yea, I was thinking that. Thanks for the help. And could my build do 4K? or do I need special parts? (other than the monitor)

it'll run, but not very well.

295x2 and titanx are what you want for decent 4k.

To add experience and speed, add another ssd and run it in raid 0.

Hi, I am interested in maybe upgrading something in my computer to gain performance and get some experience in building computers. I might not want to change my CPU and CPU cooling because it is water cooled and I don't want to damage anything.  If it is easy to work with and I just am being a wussy, please let me know.

I don't know much about overclocking. If it is a good option for my setup please tell me and maybe recommend a place to learn how.

I am wondering what could need upgrading and what doesn't with my setup

CPU:

Intel Core i7-5820k CPU @ 3.30GHz 

CPU Cooler:

Astek 550LC 120MM Watercooler

Ram:

Ballistix Sport DDR4 ram  4x 4G

GPU:

AMD Radeon R9 200 Series

Motherboard:

msi X99S SLI PLUS

Power Supply:

High Power 800W

SSD:

256GB ADATA SP610 SATA III 6.0Gb/s SSD

Hard Drive:

2TB SATA III 6GB/s 7200RPM 64MB Cache 3.5" HD

If I have left out anything important please let me know and I will do my best to add it in

upgrade to 16 gb ram

ya mutha this raid is also a good idea

I'd say get a Corsair, Antec, Fractal or Seasonic. (80+ Gold preferably) 

And if possible add some more SSD space to get your games and applications loading nice n' fast ;)

• 2 weeks later...

upgrade to 16 gb ram

ya mutha this raid is also a good idea

I have 16 gb  I meant 4 sticks of 4 gb